Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games games that give you nostalgia feelings.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/8 16:37:14 )
🌈 You gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day🌈

@Glume: also i shot you a message lol didnt wanna segue on the thread too much lol
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 20:50:29 )

@Junko7: You are basically naming my childhood! lol.
Final Fantasy games are some of my favorites, especially X-2.
Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 are two I wish were on Steam! NEED those games back in my life.
I did play Radiata Stories too.
Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon Channel, Ephemeral Fantasia, Harvest Moon games, Darkstone, Grandia 2, SSX, Dot Hack, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter also give me a lot of nostalgia feels.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 14:51:58 )
Most Zelda games bring me back. Especially Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess (though TP has more recent bad memories attatched, don't think I can bring myself to play it again anytime soon).

Okami and Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii were some of the games my husband and I bonded over, so it has a special place in my heart

Pokemon, always! I thought Shield was okay, but the gameboy and DS games will always have my heart.

Really miss playing Shadow of the Colossus. Hoping to get it or find my old PS2!

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 18:10:00 )
Oh, games that make me nostalgic.

There's a few but here's the ones I do play to this day, and I'm gonna give a quick overview/review:

Jade Cocoon [PS1]
One might argue that this is a Pokemon close, but it is so much more to me.
You play a silent protagonist who has to save his village from demons and does so by catching, training and combining monsters.
The overall style is way more mature than Pokemon and also deals with more mature issues. If you want to pick it up, I recon its hard to find but quite worth it. If you know what you're doing a playthrough of this game is about ~8 hours.

Dragon Quest Monsters/ Dragon Warrior Monsters [GBC]
Another pokemon clone, this time in the world of Dragon Quest .
The way you 'catch' monsters is by feeding them things to make them like you enough to want to stay with you.
You can breed monsters to create new species. This is a cruicial aspect of the game because with the monsters you find in the dungeons you wouldn't make it to the end. Always loved the style of the monsters ( it's dragon quest, of course the monster design is great) and the music really brings me back.

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals [SNES]
This was for a while my favourite game to watch my older brother play.
It's a JRPG with a nice story, excellent spritework and don't get me started on the soundtrack.
If you want to play a oldschool JRPG that's not Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, you should give it a shot! ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 14:01:54 )

Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup
Pokemon

Questing

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 20:14:35 )

A lot of games make me nostalgic, but to name a few:
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Banjo-Kazooie

As you can probably tell, Nintendo 64 and GameCube games are the ones that make me nostalgic for the most part

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/11 21:33:05 )

☘

For me it's barbie games on CDs lmao... Any games I could play only with CDs.
Especially I've always been inlove with these old flash games on miniclip.com and other wonderfull flash game websites.
Old sonic games and Mario, of course.

☘

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.