Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/16 05:37:51 )
@Scribartz: oh lol I was still talking about the chicken that I got with my coworker that had flavors that were wayyy too strong xD
it was good the first time we got it, but we were both sick to our stomachs the next time |D

e

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/17 05:31:34 )
@eerie: Oooh okay. xD I'm so sorry about that. My brain isn't all here.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/17 10:14:16 )
@Scribartz: lol no worries. it's kind of been an extended conversation xd who knows what we're talking about

e

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 06:18:02 )
@eerie: That's so fair! Lol. I honestly lose track of conversation so easily sometimes.... I wonder how I know how to communicate at all.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 08:20:32 )
@Scribartz: lol I'm glad you're managing so far :>

e

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 08:44:02 )
@eerie: Indeed! it was good chatting with everyone on this! Also I love your avatar. <3 so cool.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 08:45:46 )
@Scribartz: thank you haha

have you made any more food recently? :D

e

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 08:48:38 )
@eerie: Yes! I actually made more of a soup with rice cakes and hot dogs earlier. More of an asian twist still, but I recently discovered my chili paste contained wheat extract... And obviously, as you can imagine... Twas not fun. xD But after that I had to get creative so I made that... And I also whipped up some of my gluten free chocolate chip banana swirl muffins... I Had gluten free pizza... Gosh I've made a lot of food. xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 08:55:25 )
@Scribartz: oh nooo wheat getting in the way of your gluten free
haha I don't really cook so I like hearing about people cooking

e

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 08:57:52 )
@eerie: Aha yeah... I unforunately literally can't olerate it. And it took forever to not be sick so... Gotta check my ingredient labels better. D=

Oh gosh. xD I try not to let it be too well known that I can cook, because then people expect me to cook all the time. And like, I'm lazy... You know?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 09:29:55 )
@Scribartz: :< I never check food labels for anything. tough life

xD that makes sense. people love having others cook for them
I probably should use this time to learn to cook some dishes

e

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 20:31:54 )
@eerie: It is. It sucks. I want my iron gut back.

Right! I don't mind cooking for people here and there but like, It becomes excessive sometimes.
Like I don't mind whipping up a nice curry for folks, or some rice or something. But if I have to make
breakfast lunch and dinner constantly, I start to glare at people at the mention of cooking and purposefully fuck something up to make people think I can't cook. xD

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/18 21:11:40 )
Tbh.... I never heard of it..... so i never eat it either!!!!!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/19 05:35:21 )
@Lucifera: oh is this new for you? when/how did you develop the intolerance?

xD well cooking is a big hassle. don't let people take advantage

e

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/19 05:40:26 )
@eerie: It's difficult to say... I've always seemingly had horrible issues with lactose intolerancy. I would cut back on milk/get lactose free alternatives but I had issues with bleeding and whatnot. Doctors always couldn't find anything, assumed it was IBS or something. Long story short, my mom did research and (with the suggestion from my doctor) we decided to have me go 2 months no gluten. It sucked at first, but I started to notice these changes for me:

I was less swollen and achy.
Less migraines.
Less lethargic (and I mean debilitating, flu-like level of lethargy.)
No more bleeding and cramping.
I had to eat an immense amount of lactose to irritate my gut.

Long story short, my doctor explained that people with lactose sensitivity can also end up with gluten sensitivity, and they can aggravate each other. She tested me pre-diet change for Celiac, but it was negative despite having symptoms. She didn't want to put me back on normal to do a biopsy though. So ever since I just avoided and I've felt a ton better, even if it limits my dining options. And plus, I find a lot of GF stuff is actually a lot higher quality. Pure chocolate in chocolates, good ingredients in most foods. Does it always taste great? nah. Is the texture the stuff of nightmares? Yes. xD

Anyways that's longer than you probably wanted to read but... Yeah. Sorry. xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/19 09:00:15 )
@Lucifera: oh wowwww. so it wasn't really a bad lactose problem. I'm glad you figured out something that works!! and now you can eat ice cream :D haha

my friend recently (like this year) started having serious digestive issues and constantly had to go to the bathroom no matter what she ate. she basically could not find anything physically wrong with her. the doctor's tests all came back negative and it's just her IBS life now. I don't think she really got it solved. I just met up with her and she says it's better but she still has flare ups which suck

e
I'm the master of me and isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground?

Donator — Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/19 21:45:58 )
Omg i freakin love tteokbokki and rice cake in general.
They have no real flavor of their own and it's a bit hard for them to soak up regular flavoring but yeah! Go crazy!
I add rice cake to any soup. Fried/roasted also very very good either sweet or salty. Or maybe both! Yum yum!! Oh also steamed is good too! Basically they are soft and edible when they're hot.

I always wanted to try curry rice cake but not sure if the flavor would actually enter the rice cake since it wouldn't absorb the sauce like regular rice... So anyway, that's on my bucket list. Rice cake is awesome.

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/20 00:48:11 )
@eerie: Yeah, my bio dad had IBS so it was either celiac or that. Either way, gluten is in the list of things to not eat so it's good that I at least got it all cut out from what I can. I can only eat certain brands of icecream still tho. xD you'd be surprised what all has gluten in it. xD even chocolate. Yikes.

@Eruca: I just recently tried them and I am addicted. xD I made some like, rice cake soup with hot dogs recently. xD My family thinks I am crazy but they are just like, the best texture ever. <3

I'd try the curry rice cake. It's actually surprisingly good as soaking up flavour if you cook them actually in the sauce you make.

Donator — Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/20 04:24:10 )
@Lucifera: I do but somehow in my mind I'm not convinced it will work. Then again, I've actually added chocolate into my curry before. It was... Well,, you could definitely taste the chocolate... it didn't just "melt into the spice mix" like I expected. So I don't always have accurate imaginations of how food taste! Curry spice dark chocolate was delicious though!

You must tell me how you get on with curry rice cake if you ever make it. I'd be so curious to know!
Ping me

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/20 05:54:26 )
@Eruca: xD I just buy the frozen rice cakes, throw them in, let them cook. Comes out good. =P I assume it'd be the same no matter the sauce I use. ^w^ honestly it'll be trial and error and what with walmart being crazy lately, I leave shopping to my family and I just kinda cook whatever there is, so I may not have rice cakes after this next batch.

I have done a dark chocolate in curry before... Didn't taste half bad, but then again, I put some SPICE in that curry. Like my curries are always like flavourful and a bit hot. xD
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.