Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀art shop⠀{ yes we're open ! come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/21 18:43:51 )
My brother and sister are still pretty close to our parent’s house. My brother moved more south into farm land and bought a house. Houses are cheaper there, so he could afford one.
My sister and I live together and moved closer to Chicago. She works in the city. But it’s more expensive here so we share an apartment.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/22 05:52:03 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat + afterparty art freebies :3

oh woah :0 farmland?? is he doing any farming?
you and ur sister are close right? :3 i think u mentioned before once that u consider her one of ur good friends?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 23:16:57 )
@xvz: no farming. But my brother does have 2 cats and like 5 ferrets. (I think?) and his girlfriend wants chickens but they’ve never had birds before so I’m skeptical.
Their ferrets are litter trained so they can have living room time and stuff but you can’t do that with chickens. And I think she wants a house chicken.

My sister is my best friend!
She’s 4 years older than me, and we definitely had years when we hated each other, but we are inseparable now.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 23:39:57 )

omg cute!!! ferrets chickens would be so cool :-0 like for fresh eggs n stuff??
i've never heard of a house chicken before Lol i'd love to see that .... one of my coworkers is raising chicks / chickens but >_> i think they're going to eat them lol

that's super sweet!!! what do you think changed, like how did you go from not getting along to getting along so well??
i had a pretty bad relationship w my older sibling for a long time but i think we're both trying to improve it :vichardxC:

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 23:51:17 )
@xvz: omg, you can’t raise chickens and eat them! The horror!

I think we were just too different when we were younger. Sometimes we liked the same things, but sometimes I think we were too different, probably because of our age difference. Being 6 and 10 isn’t so bad, but 12 and 16 are totally different worlds! But when I got to like 18ish and she was still living at home we realized we had a lot in common and started spending time together.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/23 23:58:20 )

yeah he wouldn't mention that part of the story to most ppl Lol
i think it's important you don't name them haha

ahh i see! yeah 12 and 16 is totally different phase of life lol, whew adolescence amirite lol
that's really nice tho :-) i feel like must make life easier if u get along w family / siblings haha like sharing an apt for example
i hope this isn't too nosy (no pressure if it is haha) but u mentioned she's married but lives w u? :0 does ur brother in law work far away or something?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 00:10:15 )
@xvz: lol, nope. My brother-in-law lives with us. He’s totally a great brother, very brotherly. We 100% have a sibling relationship.
My sister is a people person and she needs like a minimum amount of human interaction to be happy, and he’s more of a solo person who needs a minimum of alone time. So I’m there to hangout with my sister when he needs some alone time. It works out really well.
We actually have had our best friend living with us for a few years too. He has a bed in my room, so we share a bedroom now. Both our families think we must be dating but we aren’t. :3
(I’m asexual so... his loss) lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 00:16:27 )

ohhh i see, hah that makes sense ... reminds me of that joke where the doctor is like " I can't operate on him he is my son" and it's bc the doctor is the mom ? haha ... like ur sister lives w u but ur brother in law Also lives w yall

so it's like the 4 of u in a 2 br?? :0
it's nice yall are so close, i hope it made dealing w the year a little easier to be able to live and hang out w friends :-)
(i'm ace too ^^)

haha i'm def someone who needs minimum alone time lol

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 00:33:15 )
I would prefer to be alone more often than not, but I pay less than 1/4th rent because my sister basically is paying me to live with them and be with her; so I spend a lot of time with her instead of alone.
I do love spending time with her though, so I don’t mind. And a lot of it is just hanging out and watching tv or playing games, so it’s not like intense interaction or anything.

It’s been wonderful to have people to see during quarantine. I like being alone but I think being totally alone for like 4 months would have killed me. >.<

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 00:43:24 )

oohh nice :3 that's not a bad arrangement lol , rent deduction for ur company haha
it's nice that yall are close where that kind of ambient company can be like comforting ^^ sometimes if i don't know my roommates well i feel a little stressed or like feel pressure to interact w them when we're in shared spaces ?

oof yeah i am def a hermit at heart but i'm v grateful i had voltra for socializing this year , and at work i would have recurring video lunches w friends every month, and i have some friends who live in my neighborhood who i would see on occasion
one of my friend's friends tho also lives alone and he is Not doing well >_>

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 02:46:05 )
After so long quarantined, I was actually happy to go to work. XD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 18:19:33 )

haha is it usually just u in the shop? like on shift?

i wasn't that big on my coworkers at first but i think now they've kind of grown on me lol

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 18:55:54 )
Most of the year I’m all alone my whole shift because the mall is slow enough during the week that we don’t need more than 1 worker at a time. On weekends there are 2 workers at the second half of the day because it gets more busy (But mornings are still slow), but I have weekends off.
During Christmas shopping time though, we finally work together. XD
I like my coworkers a lot!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 20:35:06 )

being alone is kind of nice , can sort of do whatever / don't have to worry about "looking busy" lol
yeah i can imagine holidays being a busier time for retail

how many coworkers do u have?? :0 it's like a smaller shop right? is it like family owned?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 21:09:08 )
It’s a little family owned shop, but luckily in a mall which really gets people to know us.
It’s the owner and 3 employees including me. So 4 of us total

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/24 21:16:23 )

aww that's cute ^^ i love family owned stores<3 how long has it been around for?
do u ever hang out w ur coworkers outside of work?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/25 18:31:19 )
The store has been around since like... early 80s. Pretty long.

No, I don’t think we have the same interests. They’re such active young kids; and I’m a lazy 30-something XD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/26 05:16:37 )

oh wow that's so long :0 omg like 40 years ???

lol "active" ... like late teens / early 20s or ?
i probably wouldn't hang out w my coworkers outside of work but some of them i would consider "work friends" ? ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/27 06:28:22 )

btw lina i think i missed ur post in another thread abt ur coloring book but i wanted to ask u more abt it
what did u make for the pages??? what was the process for publishing it like ??? :0

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/30 21:28:37 )
@xvz: publishing on Amazon is pretty easy. There are a variety of book sizes available, and they even provide pdf templates for each size. So I made my lineart on pages the size I wanted and pasted them into the pdf. It wasn’t that hard really.
But then I tried to do a mini one for Christmas and I made up my own book size which was a lot harder because there wasn’t a pdf that size. So I’ll only do their sizes from now on.
My first one was mandalas. I love drawing them for fun.

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.