Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀art shop⠀{ yes we're open ! come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 02:08:47 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

lool what's the seasonal stuff that isn't selling?? it makes me laugh, like picturing someone opening a box and being like, ah yes you again lol

aww ur apt decorations sound so cute n nice!! did someone make the pumpkins?? i've been learning crochet and i see a lot of tutorials for the pumpkins, since it's v much the season for it! i need to get stuffing first though so i haven't tried making any yet
the unicorn witch sounds cute, that would cheer me up to look at hehe

my lease technically says i'm not allowed to have candles lol, i think it could be common in leases ig bc they want you to be liable if you burn the apt down >_> but i bought a lavender vanilla one this year just in case the power goes out, since we had storms a few months ago

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 14:20:48 )
Weirdly, seasonal Beanie Boos from TY don’t sell very well. TY is headquartered like 1 town away so everyone in the area carried them. We are maybe just too over saturated an area. XD
Plus the boss has ordered weird random holiday stuff in the past like Halloween Winnie the Pooh puppets. >.>

I bought the fabric pumpkins, but made the crochet ones. We keep stuffing in the house

We keep a close eye on our candles while they burn. But I can understand people worrying. We’re required to have apartment insurance that covers fires so I guess they aren’t too worried

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/26 22:01:21 )
@xvz:
username: Lina
reference:
pose/expression (optional): cafe worker or cafe customer
sketch or color?: color
offer: 30k
anything else?: hello

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:04:09 )

@lina: omg cuuuute!!! i've added u to the slots list ^^<3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:08:41 )

Lina:
Weirdly, seasonal Beanie Boos from TY don&rsquo;t sell very well. TY is headquartered like 1 town away so everyone in the area carried them. We are maybe just too over saturated an area. XD
Plus the boss has ordered weird random holiday stuff in the past like Halloween Winnie the Pooh puppets. >.>

I bought the fabric pumpkins, but made the crochet ones. We keep stuffing in the house

We keep a close eye on our candles while they burn. But I can understand people worrying. We&rsquo;re required to have apartment insurance that covers fires so I guess they aren&rsquo;t too worried

ooh i had to look up the boos, i didn't know ty was based in illinois! the regular beanie babies are p cute to me but i feel like boos aren't quite my style of cute
halloween winnie the pooh puppets sound adorable omg lol

i just bought polyfill this past weekend!!! i made 3 stuffed carrots so far lolol stuffed produce is so cute to me
i'm gonna try an apple and an orange (lol ... an orange sphere...) next ... and maybe mushrooms?
what else have you crocheted? ^^ i'm looking for more project ideas so would love to hear what you've enjoyed crocheting so far!

i feel like my coffee table always has a bunch of clutter on it , it would be too easy for something to catch on fire if i had a candle on it lol
rn there's a bunch of yarn! i'd be so sad if one of my new carrot babies caught on fire haha

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:15:44 )
Thank you!

You definitely have to have a safe surface for candles. I don’t have them in my room because there isn’t anywhere to put one.

I’ll have to look up some of the patterns I’ve used!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 02:54:19 )

omg i was moving furniture around today and i dropped my candle lol >_> it's in a glass thing and i chipped it
hehe no pressure! i think i'm gonna make a stuffed apple tonight ^0^ i found a nice video tutorial for it!
what kinds of things do u usually crochet??

i'm digging ur buying sig banner! :3 it looks nice!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/29 16:59:52 )
@xvz: oh no! Keep that candle safe!!

Here’s a random thing I crocheted one time... https://pin.it/68Bm0wZ
(I put it on Pinterest)
I thought I had a Pinterest board for crochet patterns I’ve done but maybe not..

Thank you! I was inspired by Starlight‘s signature. I wanted to get one from them but they don’t have a graphics/art shop so I did my best to make one. It’s not as good though, I suck at graphics

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 19:27:41 )

@ghost: thank uuuu i'm so glad u like it TvT<3 u have so many fun characters!!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 19:32:37 )

@lina: omg!!! when i opened it i went "awww!" out loud lol
for the snowman body are you using like one of those fuzzy yarns ?? (is there a name for it?)
it looks so soft and so cute TvT did u use a pattern for it?

ahh it looks good! i like the rounded edges ^0^
i'm sure ppl w graphics shops could make one for u if u asked too , like anarchist or vengeance 's shops :3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 22:45:51 )
@xvz: the yarn is Bernat super bulky “baby blanket” yarn. But they expanded the line to be “blanket” not just for baby and it comes it a ton of colors now. It’s like my favorite yarn! XD
I looked up a pattern for a perfect circle (sphere I guess) and just made up what I was doing as I went.

Vengeance is always busy since they joined staff :3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/30 23:53:40 )

@lina: ooh good to know thanks for the info!!! blanket yarn ! i wrote it down, next time i'm at the craft store i'll be on the lookout :-D
i made an apple the other day but still have to assemble it... but i was thinking of how the yarn itself i have isn't super soft so the result isn't super soft :0 so i'd love to get more soft/fluffy yarn to make soft and fluffy plushies w ^0^
i'm still trying to get a sense of how much polyfill to use too!! i don't want to over stuff but i don't want to understuff either ... !

ohh so is it two spheres you attach together?? what do u use for the eyes? ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/31 01:01:50 )
I like sturdier yarn that’s less soft for things like home decor, like the pumpkins I made. I guess I imagine I’ll keep it forever and fluffy yarn won’t last as long. But I don’t know if that’s fact or just in my head. XD

It’s 2 spheres that I didn’t close all the way and then “sewed” together with the yarn. The neck was a little funny looking, so I added a scarf. And the eyes are safety eyes, which are usually in the doll section in craft stores. They have a front and back that snap together. There’s usually some small animal noses too. :3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 02:15:49 )

oohh i never considered that! i guess you pick up more and more with experience / like better intuition for what kinds of yarns work for different contexts :0
i feel like the more i've crocheted (which honestly is still not that much) the better i understand like, how it works haha
like how different patterns end up w diff shapes... the 3d stuff takes some thinking though lol
i think it helped a lot that i've sewn and knitted in the past, otherwise i feel like crochet would have been super hard to learn for me!

ahh i see! haha love to find cute/clever ways to hide wonkiness :3 the winter accessories make it even cuter imo
that's good to know, i've added it to my craft store list i'll look out for them!! :3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:36:41 )
@xvz: I think crochet is great because once you learn to do something, like a sphere, it’s always the same. So after you get enough experience you can start to make your own patterns.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/1 19:40:45 )

true :-0 i think i am slowly getting there! i finished my apple the other day, it came out a little wonky but i squished it around a bit and it's looking better lol
i wanna get a cute basket or something that i can put all my crochet produce in ^0^

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/2 17:42:32 )
I think crochet produce is too cute!
It's such a cute idea

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 07:35:34 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

heehee it totally cheers me up to look at and squish!!! i used to have kind of a cluttered coffee table but i did some reorganizing + moved a cart nearby to use a storage - so now everything else is cleared off but i kept the crochet produce on so i can keep looking at and playing w it :-D
i just have 3 carrots and an apple so far but when i'm in a crochet mood again next i think the list will be: mushrooms, oranges ... broccoli/cauliflower ... ??

i wanna try a cute long tube snake too! but i wanna get some cute ombre yarn for it first ^0^

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 17:25:01 )
I think mushrooms sound really adorable! Broccoli and cauliflower sound interesting to make. I bet they’re cute

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/19 02:56:04 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

@lina: ghost cafe!! i hope u like it <33

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.