Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 15:36:41 )
Good Morning.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 16:03:51 )
    @Wildfire: Sometimes I do, but sometimes the not being able to do anything sets in early.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 17:36:10 )
@Koah: good morning! How are you doing today??

@Whimsy: Yeah, that sounds familiar too. Well, I hope things go well for you this time around... it's never much fun :(

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 17:40:08 )
    @Wildfire: Yeah, I hope this time it's not too bad. I do like that I can stay at home all day due to Covid. Before, I used to have to negotiate taking days off.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 17:43:38 )
@Wildfire: I am better today. I'm getting things organized which feels amazing. I can feel the stress oozing off my shoulders.
How are you today?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 17:49:29 )
@Whimsy: Yay for being able to work from home! That could make a world of difference on days like you're describing! <3

@Koah: Oh that's awesome - good for you! :3 I should probably do some decluttering and reorganizing too, but still feel like the timing for that isn't quite right for me yet since I'm still "in transit" and "recuperating" from so many things... there are higher priorities right now, like prioritizing myself and my own mental and physical health. I just did a fairly long and semi-intense workout, and now I'm eating a salad. So far my day is going ok, thanks. :3

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 17:52:25 )
    @Wildfire: Yep, small blessings!

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 17:54:05 )
@Whimsy: indeed! So are you working today? Or are you doing other things?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 18:08:35 )
@Wildfire: A workout sounds amazing with a salad. /drooling/ I might need to do that as well soon. C:
I feel you in the recovery process of intense stress. I'm finally doing a bit better, health-wise. My weight went back up.
Generally, when I get super stressed, I lose about 5-10 pounds, which I can't afford. When I'm closer to the 10-pound mark, I become an emotional mess and lethargic. That's where I was last month. =3="
I'm on day 18 of my workout. C: It's helped a lot getting me back on track.
This week, dealing with the DMV stressed me out because I realized my paperwork isn't located in one spot anymore. It's all over the place. That started my organization spree.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 18:16:42 )
@Wildfire: yes for me personally it worked well :D i hope for him too! Today my little one take her first nap at the daycare *_* as i pick her up she was so cute and clingy ;A; precious little Soul

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 18:27:28 )
@Koah: Yeah, it's one of the premade salads from the local grocery, so it's not healthy-healthy, but it's not horrible. And it tasted good - lol. The workout felt good too... but now I'm grubby and in need of a shower (which is not a bad thing either - lol!). These days, I tend to eat (& drink) when I'm stressed, which wasn't always the case, but I feel ya on the changing eating habits because of stress! I'm happy to hear you're getting yourself back on track too! :3 <3

@Miss Sandman: Awww... toddlers are so cute! <3
My son not sleeping much or well is self-inflicted. He never needed a lot of sleep (even as a toddler) and now he's just stressing himself out (without reason). He'll learn. We have always known he is one who has to learn lessons the hard way and largely by himself... it's just hard to watch, as a parent.

@Ava: Oh! That sounds amazing! Good luck with the audition and everything involved! :3
Ummm... I'm not sure what's going on in my corner of the world right now tbh. I just did a workout and ate lunch... I'm about to go shower and then see what my afternoon has in store for me (now that it's 1:30pm, I'm just now starting my day in some ways - lol!). My afternoon will probably involve following up with my son's school and doing laundry before the whole dinnertime thing kicks in. :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 18:40:47 )
@Wildfire: I am the black sheep of my family. lol. Everyone else eats when they're stressed. Which is pretty much consistent all the time since my family doesn't know how to turn their stress down.
I feel an ounce of stress and I forget to eat. I am the most laid-back member of my family. XD
My mom lives off of stress, and I see she eats a lot because she burns so much energy. Then she complains she's fat, [which isn't true]. Then she turns around and tells me I'm lazy. Gosh, I'm so glad I'm an adult and don't live with her anymore. lol!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:15:23 )
@Koah: LOL! I'm the black sheep of my family too, and I am by far the most laid back, self-secure (confident), etc. But stress still affects me and it has been years, really, since I have been able to just chill out and really process through the cumulative effect of those stressful waves of Life. When I was younger I would forget to eat when stressed too, but it was different then, somehow. Also, I think raising the kids all these years has reset my focus to being much more family- and food-oriented, since I was with the kids 90% of the time and I did try to make sure they had good, healthy meals all the time (instead of "winging it", which so many people seem to do (no judgement; just observation & personal choices)). *shrug*

And yes, what is it with parents? My mom was giving me a contradictory earful the other day too... all while telling me basically to "shut up and listen" to her "diagnosis" of my younger son (who was the topic of this particular conversation).... instead of having an actual conversation concerning him and listening to my perceptions and understanding of him and what's going on. Sheesh! It makes me wonder what messages I have inadvertently given my kids, but omg, I've tried not to impact them or run them over with opinions like she tends to do...

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:23:48 )
@Wildfire: gosh i would die if i need to look while my loveley sunshine learns her lessons the hard way ;A; why are the own Kids so precious... well all Kids are precious! Luckily Milli sleeps alot, at that point she is just like me. In all other ways seh is like her Daddy xD she is skinny and underweight but she eats like an adult.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:31:25 )
@Miss Sandman: She's growing in a ton of different ways and needs all the calories and the sleep! <3 I'm sure her weight and eating and sleeping will all balance out over time. She sounds really precious! <3 I miss having little ones sometimes - things were so much simpler when their mistakes could be fixed with a hug and a kiss!

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:42:04 )
@Wildfire: oh maybe she has her tantrums but i never ever would Change her for an other child I just enjoy the site sie is in now! Iam scared of the Time she dont want to hug and Kiss me anymore D: how do older Kids show theyre Love?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:48:57 )
@Miss Sandman: Enjoy each and every stage of her growth! Not all of them are easy to deal with sometimes (while you're in the middle of it or getting used to a new stage), but they are still all amazing and interesting to see! Older kids show their love differently, and it depends on their environment and their personalities, IMO. My kids, now that they are young adults, still show their affection to me with hugs (although far fewer of them) and with each other by insulting each other when they're in the same room (it's hilarious, but really rude if you're not In on the Joke).

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 19:53:34 )
@Wildfire: i will do!!! I hope she will never have the feeling that she is unwanted and useless. I got this feeling far to often as a kid and want to do better. I think i still want her hugs if iam an old prune xD
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 20:08:14 )
@Miss Sandman: Just choose your words well when you speak to her. If you're pretty self-aware, that will come across in how you interact with her over the years and through the different stages. No parent is perfect, but we can at least try to develop good humans and give them self-confidence in their own abilities. I'm sure she'll love you no matter what :3 ... and you are a long, long way away from being an old prune!! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/18 20:23:59 )
@Wildfire: I've opted against talking to my mom when I'm needing to vent. I only call her now when good things are happening, which I think, annoys her.
When I vented about my husband's family or my kids, she always amplifies my problems back at me and it feels so much worse by the end of the talk.
I luckily have a couple of good friends that don't mind hearing about my problems occasionaly.
When my son was an infant, my mom kept trying to prepare me for 'the eventual news, that he has autism'. He doesn't. He was just a super particle baby/toddler. He's grown out of that and he acts like his dad now.
But boy, I was stressed, kept thinking my life was about to be turned upside down anytime I brought him to a check-up.
/
I'm one of those "wingin' it" food types of people. lol!
I am trying to get better at meal planning, but anytime I try, I burn out and then go 2 steps backward. I really dislike being in the kitchen. It was my mom's happy place and we always left her alone in the kitchen. There wasn't a whole lot of kitchen exposure for me growing up. [not a good excuse lol]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.