Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/14 02:06:22 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ava: yeah! been posting my art for critiques in a few discord servers im in as of late and been trying new stuff cause i dont want to turn into just a sailor moon fanart account.

//drew too much sailor moon

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/14 04:17:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ava: art takes a lot of practice. as others describe it, its a marathon not a sprint.

i want it to be my job so i never stop drawing. i just cant paint as i need better tools. lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/14 07:01:27 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ava: consistency of practice is just key to improving.

i think this year is the only year i like my work thus far.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/14 07:15:44 )

@Ava: Hard relate. I used to be decent at art in high school and now I never draw. I think maybe I have too many hobbies because I focus on writing and fortunetelling, but idk... maybe I should start an art pwyw thread or something just to motivate me to draw seriously.
Also it's so shitty that someone made fun of your art. Like they could do better. *eyerolls*

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/14 10:42:57 )

I just got a commission and they tried to tell me how to draw it step by step, and I just kind of went "if you know how to draw then do it yourself." >.>

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 11:19:16 )
@Shadami:
@Purpsy:
@Ava:
@MoodyB:
@Whimsy:

I *poofed* for a little bit. I was dealing with iRL things... which seems to be the general theme lately, after reading your posts! :3 I hope you're all doing well and I'm sorry that I "missed" you when you were here. There's still no official announcement on the start of the event, huh?

Good morning, my lovelies!
Does anyone have plans for today (Tuesday)?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 12:11:54 )
    @Shadami: ughh ikr if they want the art in their style not your style what are they doing trying to have someone else draw for them? that's hyper-controlling.

@Wildfire: i feel too sleepy to do anything already. even though i did have plans to get some things done.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 12:20:23 )
@Whimsy: me too, actually. I'm thinking about going back to bed for a bit, tbh - I have stuff that needs my full attention today to get done and right now, I'm just feeling sleepy.
I'm sorry you're in a similar spot. Can you nap maybe? Or otherwise work around the sleepy?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 12:45:29 )
    @Wildfire: i did take a nap but you know how sometimes you wake up from a nap feeling worse than before? that's me right now.
    i should do a spot of yoga cause that energises me, it's just that doing yoga means doing something. lol. just gotta bully myself into doing it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 13:29:19 )

@Wildfire: Is all good ^^
I hope things have calm down for you.
I haven't been posting on forums much too unless I'm questing for items. Still waiting for the event also, do you guys know what day it usually starts?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 14:14:59 )
@Whimsy: Yes, I know that feeling. I'm sorry that your nap didn't energize you. I understand what you mean about 'doing something' that will help, but it's still having to 'do something'. I love yoga too though - maybe if you just sit down and commit to 10 minutes of gentle stretching (without 'really doing anything') it will help you wake up a bit?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 14:18:56 )
@Purpsy: Thank you. I don't know if things have calmed down a whole lot, really, but at least I seem to be sleeping a little better... and a little more. :3

I'm not sure when the event should be starting other than "soon". I seem to remember it being between Valentine's Day and Easter last year. I haven't seen any updates or details on when, though.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 15:18:58 )
    @Wildfire: i pushed myself and did it, definitely feel loads better now. thank you for the encouragement!
    idk what would help you sleep better, but dimming the lights and not looking at any screens an hour before bed helps me. reading something and drinking chamomile tea could help. or even a sachet of herbs meant to aid sleep placed under your pillow. that would be a witchy way to do it.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 15:22:17 )

@Wildfire: Well a good night sleep can make a lot of difference so that's good ^^
I see, well I guess it's more waiting for us. which I don't mind.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 18:06:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: im okay just tired mostly.
still adjusting to time change.
hope you are well.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 18:13:37 )

@Whimsy: taking my sweet time getting to it because it's also one of the weirdest commissions I've ever gotten and I've been sick. And I don't like being pestered xD

@Wildfire: all good. I'm trying to get better about getting online again. Right now I'm sinking into sims 4 again because the sims games just make me happy. XD glitches faults and all.
Like mccc pairing together the same couple in almost all save files
And my precious blue boy having his husband from another save showing up on his doorstep and they autonomously start flirting with no kids on in another save. Gah <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:28:00 )
I got kidnapped and put on a kayak for several hours. Now I'm more relaxed, a little sore from the paddling, and have acquired a good dose of vitamin D (judging from the sunburn I'm now sporting)! XD

@Whimsy: Oh, I'm so glad that you did some yoga and that it helped!
Thanks for the suggestions to help me sleep. I've tried most of those things and they can help some, sometimes. I should do one or two of those things much more often and see if there's a cumulative effect or a "perfect combination" that helps :3

@Purpsy: The event will happen eventually!! :3

@MoodyB: Yes, we're still adjusting to the time change over here too. I really don't know why we put ourselves through this every year (I mean, I know why, but whyyyyy??)...

@Shadami: If it makes you happy, it's all good! :3 ... but it is nice to see you posting again!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/17 04:02:59 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah i don't really like time changes.
just further messes up my barely good schedule as is.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/17 06:26:59 )

@Wildfire: that sounds like a fun outing! nothing so calming like sunshine and nature and well paced exercise :D

@Ava: that's really cool Ava! :O

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/03/17 11:14:14 )

Yeah, I've been dealing with a lot and posting hasn't been on my mind ^^;;

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.