Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:20:27 )
@Wildfire: Maybe snapped wasn't quite the correct term to use. lol. XD I had a lot happen around 20-ish years old and I changed drastically. Due to my passive nature, I wasn't sure how to communicate my feelings and handle hard situations. </3 Twas' a tough time. My husband didn't help back then. lmao
I'm sorry about your crock pot broke! D:
And totally understand shaking off walmart vibes. XDD lol

@Ava: I'll probably be active over there for a bit too. So if you need a chatting buddy, just ping me in. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:28:11 )

@Wildfire: Yep is the cups and small bowls for me e.e
Yep... Walmart feels like I'm entering a new planet and I'm the foreign alien kinda vibes for me xD

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:47:05 )
@Vixen: So it's lying to you too! XD I'm sorry. Unfortunately, all you can really do is leave it alone and let it do its thing...

@Koah: Understand that I was teasing you and mostly reacting to your choice of terminology. I had my own "snapped" episode when I was in my early 20s that completely changed me too - how I reacted to things, what I allowed in my life, etc., etc. It was good and bad, but I learned a whole lot about myself and the world during that time and I am a different person than I probably would have been had I not gone through that period. I get it. Your choice of wording struck me as amusing... probably because I went through something similar (at least once or twice).

Eh, the Instant Pot is pretty easily replaced, and it's a minor inconvenience, but it is an inconvenience. Thanks.

What is it about Walmart and the vibes at that place? Some are better or worse than others, but the vibes don't seem to correlate to the location of the store!! I don't get it. And yes, I had to go to one of the "creepier, grittier" stores to get the replacement IP - the closer, "cleaner" ones were apparently out of stock on the model I wanted.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 18:48:40 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Sometimes, it feels like I'm entering another world entirely. Some times, it's just a really big, visually overwhelming store. Other times, it's just creepy and gritty and I feel like I need a shower when I get out...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:00:29 )
@Wildfire: lol, I get the walmart thing. I lived in a city and had 3 walmarts within short driving distance of my apartment. I prefered the one 2 miles further because it had a cleaner environment, but it didn't carry as much variety. There was one I really hated because it was 'sketchy'.

My new roomies are so dang similar to younger versions of my husband and me. It's crazy. The guy grew up with my husband, the same neighbourhood, the same family problems, etc. The girl is a passive one, out for adventure, happy to move here because she's finally away from home. <.<' She's a young 20s.
cx Their whole relationship dynamic is similar to what we used to be too. Trippy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:04:53 )

@Wildfire: it very much is lying to me!
and i have work to do on that computer so it's like... compoootur....can we not do this right now? xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:06:01 )
@Koah: Yeah - walmart is just weird. There are at least three of them within about 5 miles of our house, and a few more a few miles out from there. There was one that I 'preferred' but it seems to have changed in the last year. The one I went to was not that one, or the smaller one that is now probably the 'best vibed' one nearby.

That's so funny that your new roomies remind you so much of your younger selves! That could be quite amusing!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:07:12 )
@Vixen: because 'pooootur' has its own agenda. They always do XD
They always seem to want to update when you have the most work to do online too, don't they? I'm sorry... :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:11:07 )

@Wildfire: indeed lol
it seems to be an larger update too since it seems to be eating my internet bandwidth too

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:20:08 )
@Vixen: Ugh. Hate those. And it's impossible not to sit there watching it do its thing, even if it's just spinning the little "I'm working on it" circle, isn't it?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:26:18 )
ah man, I'm so sleepy today. e.e"

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:29:07 )
@Koah: Awwww... :( Is there any reason why you're so sleepy today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 19:34:29 )
@Wildfire: Allergies again. lol. and my sunburn. Combination of the two. Well, I think I did a lot over the weekend, so I'm feeling that sink in now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 20:34:11 )
@Koah: LOL. I was there yesterday afternoon. All I did was sit in the sun, after I was done running around. Actually, I'm kind of there today too...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 20:48:00 )
@Wildfire: Kids' homework is done for today. I can relax for a bit. <3 I hope. lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 21:03:49 )
@Koah: That's good. I hope you get the chance to relax now :3 Although I loved homeschooling my kids and believe it was by far the best route to take for their education, it was not always easy to do on a daily level, and I'm glad that I'm (mostly) done with it at this point, tbh...

I am waiting for the new Instant Pot to decompress after making bone broth so I can use it to make dinner... because it's already 4pm and it's time for me to start thinking of that. Of course, I'm also off doing another little task right now, and I'll need to hunt down some veggies for dinner (I probably should have bought groceries today, but didn't) and do a lot of prep work (dishes and chopping sweet potatoes, because I think we're going to have homefries tonight, unless I find something else in the fridge or freezer that I forgot about XD )...

It's a weird day here.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 21:19:10 )

@Wildfire: quite, i ended up letting it run while i ate and i think it's done now.
it had better be done >:(

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 21:34:40 )
@Vixen: Threaten to replace it entirely if it's not done yet! That might get it working! XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 22:21:18 )

@Wildfire: Read my schedule wrong, and was an hour late to work.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 22:33:38 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oops. That's not a good way to start the day.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.