Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 21:09:22 )
@MoodyB: True I'm still learning how to use Krita still and I didn't even learn the buttons my tablet has yet.

Wow 10 years damn o.o
Your a pro then

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 21:14:45 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: Most tablets and programs you can change
both to how you like it.
For me i mainly have my shortcuts as zoom in and out, and flipping the canvases.
There are tutorials on youtube like beginner guides on how to use krita.
that might be useful for you.

I use krita sometimes tho i need to change eyedropper tool and some other shortcuts on it.

I only am pro with the non-screen tablets.
Display screen tablets however is a whole new ball park for me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 01:59:26 )
@Koah: Yeah, I get ya, and really, there are a lot of recipes available online to start with, or to keep you going for a while. Plus, I have a ton of cookbooks...

@MoodyB: I'm so glad this meeting with your mom went better than the last one or two!! And yes, I understand about the gazillion different tools - I have at least four different graphic programs installed on my computer too ;) <3

@Purpsy: I'm much more comfortable drawing on paper than I am with the tablet too. They are completely different things!

I wonder when the event will start - probably in a couple hours from now, when I'm all tucked in to bed because it has been a long, weird day :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 02:02:07 )
Or, it can start now... or an hour or whatever before now because I didn't see the announcement but apparently I have sugar cubes, which I assume is the event currency. I am too tired to figure out the details of the event right now, but if anyone has a quick synopsis, I'd appreciate hearing it. And I'll be around tomorrow, probably, looking to post and earn currency and whatever. Did anyone make their own event threads?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 02:04:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yup. so hoping i can use at least one other one to just stream better with.
but probably not cause my laptop always hates me LOL.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 02:27:50 )
@MoodyB: LOL. one thing at a time. You've managed to upgrade your tablet! Maybe the computer will get an upgrade soon too??

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 02:31:37 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: It's my goal. Because before i either had to choose new tablet or laptop.
But since im not at the stage to make a lot of money or much it might take me a long time to get a new computer.

Tho one of my friends tipped my stream to help towards the goal so that was nice.
But i feel the tablet upgrade will help me advance in my skills limitless so then i can do more things and work on getting a client list
for commissions.

but for now my goal is to just focus on my skills.
I joined a new art app and it helps me see how i can change up my work.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 03:41:42 )
@MoodyB: Yeah I've done that too. I don't use mouse at all when I draw (because I don't own one) So I had to customize my shortkeys a lot and most of it are the basics. I've watch some youtube tutorials too in the past which help a lot, but I prefer learning by my own.

Oh wow I'm the complete opposite. I never own those expensive screen tablets but I have drawn on my phone before and it almost feel second nature for me because I'm still drawing how I would be on paper. Is just a little challenging. The non-screen tablets however it took awhile for me to be decently good at it. Is just not the same at the same time lol.

@Wildfire: Yep! I appreciate traditional art more than ever since I got my tablet lmao. Funny it turn out that way because back then digital art seems much more fun to mess with (still is) and got pretty bored drawing traditionally.

Yeah hopefully when we're tuck in bed. It had happened before. But a cafe theme event is super exciting! There better be a maid outfit in one of the event items lmao

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 05:18:21 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: i don't use a mouse in my work. my shortcut keys are mostly on my tablet pen and my tablet.
But my current tablet the express keys are practically useless because they just
mess things up like merging layers when i never said for them to do that lol.
so i just use short keys by the keyboard.

I've never owned a screen tablet. Tho in the future I may get a cintiq. But not a massive one.
but until then i only use non-displays.
For me im just better with hand and eye coordination and don't really like looking at screens for long hours.
I don't even get on my phone that much unless i am monitoring my streams as sometimes my laptop has issues streaming.
That's really the only time i get on my phone for the most time.
tho if you prefer paper you can stick to that and don't have to force yourself to do digital art.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 08:01:49 )
@MoodyB: Hmm I still like digital art despite the challenges there are some parts of it that makes it easier to use compare to traditional.
I feel umm stuck on both mediums right now hahaha. I suppose I'm more of a digital artist nowadays.

I don't really like the buttons on my tablets at all also. It has quite a few with no label and I just heavily rely on my shortkeys on my keyboard in the end because is just a lot easier to remember. Not to mention I'm left-handed and most tablets are design for right handed people. I often mistakenly press the buttons on my left hand often.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/18 18:36:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: i like the express keys more than keyboard shortcuts tbh.
so i was extremely disappointed the one on my huion didn't work right no matter the program.
so im looking forward to my new tablet.

the tablet i have actually has a function to be set for left handed users.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 03:28:48 )
@wildfire: Probably not, unless they have an option to make your own item sometime:) that would be cool. I am great ! just got a Refrigerator to store my flowers and greens for a floral business im starting. Now i have to figure out what my mothersday menu is going to be :) i should probably get working on that right now :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 13:12:09 )
@lordvoldemort1993: Oh! That's cool that you're starting your own flower shop cafe! Have you been working with flowers or food for long?

@Ava: Awwww, the hamster gets her own show! :3 I'm sure that livestream will go over well - cute pets usually seem to! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/23 15:01:30 )
@Ava: I'm glad it worked out well for you, even if you didn't make a lot of progress towards your quota. You're still learning what works and stuff with this new job, right? Next time, Pea can shine and you'll remember to ask for gifts a little more often... and you'll have fun doing your stream! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/24 12:22:45 )
@Ava: I suspect that with all the lockdowns people are looking to connect with others in ways that they might not have needed or been looking for previously - a simple conversation with "somebody new" (that they haven't been locked in a house with for the last year+) is a wonderful thing for some of these folks. Likewise when it comes to sharing a simple talent or interest. Keep trying new things - you'll get the hang of the details soon enough! :3 <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 16:17:36 )
@Wildfire: Looks like it's time to switch back to the regular hangout. c: Event is closing. :d

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 18:11:01 )
@Koah: I saw that! Yes, it's definitely time to switch back to this hangout. The other one was fun while it lasted (almost 60pages!!!) but it's time to return.

How are you doing? I saw your post in the other thread about another financial hit :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 18:55:36 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, I'm doing better now. My morning started strong. Now I'm like slugging around. I made guacamole as a snack and I'm still drinkin' coffee. lol
I just researched all the different ways to grow avocado seeds. o3o I might experiment some. I'm curious.
My son is happy because he finished his school and chores. Now he can play video games in my room [which has the newer console and more games].
How are you doing today?

Also, Your thread almost hitting 60 pages is amazing! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 19:04:40 )
@Koah: Strong mornings are good, and it sounds like you and your son are both enjoying the benefits of having a strong morning :3 We have an avocado "tree" that we started from a seed when the kids were little. It's a weird little thing. It's about 7' tall now and it has never flowered or done much - it's still scraggly. I'm not sure if it's where it's planted or if it needs something other than what it's getting, but it's there. I was expecting it to die, actually, a long time ago. But growing one is one of those "gotta try it when the kids are little" type things - kind of like make-it-yourself volcanoes in the back yard with baking soda and vinegar and the inevitable dinosaurs and archeology digs XD

Yes, that thread had a good run. I should probably have done something to celebrate the different page benchmarks but I had other things on my mind :3

I'm doing ok, thanks. It is gorgeous out there today - very low humidity and about 80*F. I was thinking about tackling my side garden, but it's in full sun and we are getting at the hottest point of the day now. I still might go and do something with it. I should probably at least weed whack the bugger and dump/collect my sweet potatoes...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 19:23:49 )
@Wildfire: wow. 7' tall avocado tree? =O I always read comments/reviews online, people who comment on those videos "If you are going to do this, don't expect flowers/buds/avocados Anytime soon."
speaking of buds, my lively raspberry plant, which is only 1 or 2 feet tall has one single bud on it. Which will turn into a single raspberry. and I Cannot wait to eat it. c: I got a raspberry stem/stick a few months ago and potted it [an unusual and not correct way to plant berries]. I just don't want to commit a section of my yard yet to raspberries. They're Wild growers.

Your event thread was casual and super relaxing, it flowed beautifully even without page prizes n' whatnot. <3

That's a good idea, I want to go outside today too. however, if I go outside, I might go full-rage on the plants I'm allergic to and be on bed rest for a couple of days. XD
I know what I'm allergic to and it's EVERYWHERE -shakes fist at the Holly berry bushes/shrubs-

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.