Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 22:28:00 )
@Wildfire: Lol! Surprisingly no xD
But I've tried to learn a piano and a guitar before and I just never really got into it. But pretty much my family is musically talented in some type of way so maybe that's where I get it from hehe

Ah that's very true. I've only just begun to get to know myself. I feel like a late bloomer when it comes to that. I've been journaling since elementary on and off though throughout the years and I'm super grateful for it. I probably wouldn't be alive or extremely screwed up if writing wasn't my outlet tbh.
And no thanks with the tarantulas, I'll still freak out if I see one irl so I'll just admire them online lol.

@MoodyB: Ah so we're both having a terrible week huh TwT
But is nice things are finally looking up for you.

I'm doing alright, I've just been on my laptop most of the day and done some minor tasks. Currently watching a live stream atm tho.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 22:55:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: had kinda a traumatizing week that was followed by mental and physical exhaustion.

but feeling a lot better now.
oooo nice.
ive done the same pretty much except all ive done is listen to music or play genshin impact

hope your week is improving

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 00:36:37 )
@MoodyB: Awe that sound rough but is good your feeling better right now :)
I hope both of our week is improving~

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 02:25:26 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: Yeah doing a lot better.
i finished a commission yesterday, got tipped and now got a tablet on it's way.
so im hoping it'll keep improving.

Any plans for the evening??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 03:35:05 )
@wildfire: as soon i saw them, i knew they were on my "must have items" XD now I'm looking for a moon:)? i was hoping maybe they held an even that you could make your own item as a prize or something. but that's just going to deep into it.
I am washing my bedding at the moment :)
i like the fragrances of doing laundry :)
what kind of studio work do you do ?:)]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 12:57:02 )
@MoodyB: Yup. You should definitely play with the tablet some before taking on bigger or more serious pieces! I'm excited for you with the tablet! :3 How did your meeting with your mom go (or would you rather not talk about it)? I hope it went well!

@Purpsy: Everybody works at their own pace. What's important is that you're working on getting to know and understand yourself better :3 I am kind of surprised that you don't play an instrument, from what you've mentioned. I know what you mean though - I have tried various things over the years too and although I enjoy playing an instrument to some extent, it has never transitioned to more than just dabbling, really.

@lordvoldemort1993: A moon item? There are a couple of them here: Moonstone (recent orb item), Eclipse (orb item), Silent Night (crate item) has a moon as part of it, the 750K Milestone item (milestone gift) has a moon pose, and Electric Orb (sign-in/spaceship item) is a full-moon looking item. If you'd like, I can send you an Electric Orb, since I have several of them. Unfortunately, I don't have extras of the other items, but you can probably find them for sale in the Exchange :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 13:01:05 )
Good morning everyone.
It looks like it's going to be an overcast and semi-rainy day here today, but it can be hard to tell just by looking out the window! I'm not sure if I want it to be rainy today or not, or what impact it might have on me/us and whatever we end up doing today. Does anyone have plans for the day?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 15:16:03 )
@Wildfire: Thank you TwT
And yeah lol. I'm not one with instruments although I tried in the past but since I'm playing that rhythm game that practically teaches you to drum in beat, I'm interested to learn drums, maybe in the future.

So how's your morning going so far?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 15:31:29 )
@MoodyB: Oooh new tablet! Sounds like really good things :3
My evening went alright and honestly I passed out for a long while watching a stream.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 16:21:11 )
@Purpsy: That's cool. Drums are certainly interesting as an instrument (my eldest son plays).
My morning is going ok so far. It's kind of a slow-moving one, but I think hubby is going to drag me out for a bit. How is your morning going so far?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 17:18:36 )
@Wildfire: Thank you for the links. I saw one of your preferred cook books at the book store the other night with my husband. We decided not to buy it yet. We need to start small and easy.
That first link has some yummy-looking/sounding food! I think I'll try one tonight. :D Open up my pallet a bit. I'll have to run to the grocery store at some point to get a few small things we don't generally have.
Do you cook a lot with turnips? I do not.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 18:58:41 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: Yup! time to upgrade.
Have had my current drawing tablet for 3 years now and it's been a struggle since
it takes a long time to charge.
So i upgraded to something that won't need to be charged. And a lot more pen pressure and I am so pumped!

i didn't think it would ship till monday but my dad said it was shipped today.

Lol i know how that is. Last week i was so mentally exhausted i passed out for a whole hour while my sis
was making dinner and woke up so dazed lol.
just means your body needed the rest.

@Wildfire: i think my main objective when i first get it, is to test it in Krita.
I have 3 programs i like to use because the brushes are nice but i can't find anything like it for my main program Clip Studio paint.
and want to see if i can use a specific program for my streams as the main program lags my streams, freezes and crashes.

It went a lot better. She was not in pain luckily. She got emotional a few times but it was very short lived luckily.
But it went pretty good.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 19:23:33 )
@MoodyB: Ah well you had that for 3 years so is about time to get a new one. So I assume is not one of those wacom tablets? Sorry I'm very new-ish with digital art.

Omg that has been me for this past few weeks, I just nap more than usual these days that even my brother noticed it and was worried of me and I'm not sure if it's 100% mental exhaustion since my insomnia has been very bad lately too.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 19:57:19 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: the model im getting is sorta old. I think it's from 2018.
i just looked for what i felt interested me and what i found would be the most useful
in my daily life for art.

Wacom tends to break the bank even with small tablets.
The brand I went with was XP pen. it's much more affordable.

i only napped once. i try not to otherwise i can't sleep later.
insomnia could cause you to not feel rested so then you have to nap.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 20:13:44 )
@MoodyB: I just searched it up and it does seem affordable and beginner friendly it seems. As a cheap person I am I might get one of these in the future.

I feel very tired and sleepy already and this freaking gloomy weather makes me want to nap more. I really never had it this bad before for a very long long time oof x.x

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 20:16:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: I recommend XP pen brand the most because in the past 2 months they've had
3 sales. So XP pen tablets go on sale very often.

sometimes it means your body just needs more rest.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 20:27:24 )
@MoodyB: Ooh! I'll keep that in mind. I do love a good sale xD
Yeah, my body seems to need a lot of rest lately.

How's your umm art journey fairing so far? You mentioned you were doing some studies before?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 20:31:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: Me too. I could only get my tablet if it was on sale
and i had been waiting weeks and then it went on sale yesterday LOL.

its a bit eh. Just noticed a lot of things I do frequently.
so I want to change it up. Been slacking on my studies a lot since there isn't much
my tablet can do that i want to do which is painting lol.

so I've just been working through my old art file and finishing off my old art from 2020.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 20:46:25 )
@MoodyB: Well working on old art is still good :) At least is out of your hands once you get your new tablet and work on some new stuff by then.

I honestly feel also constricted when it comes to my tablet too. Is most likely because I'm not use to it yet so is very challenging to draw often but I just drawn on paper a few days ago and it was very refreshing. I was losing confidence as an artist for a while in terms of sketching characters on my tablet.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/17 20:50:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: true. hoping i can focus enough to work on some studies lol.
i have a lot to study.
but i have a piece or two that are finished or just about finished.

sometimes you have to get to know the tablet and programs
before hand.
i adjusted pretty easily because i just don't really like to do traditional art
and used tablets for past...10 years. so just doing doodles and playing with the settings and how you like things
helps a lot.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.