Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀art shop⠀{ yes we're open ! come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 16:55:17 )
@xvz: now that you say that, I’m imagining it as the image on a YouTube music channel. At work we listen to YouTube live music a lot, and they always have the cutest images for the videos

warm lighting is the way to go. Bright lights are too harsh.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 22:33:47 )
Ps, did I ever pay you?
I don’t think I did... >.<

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 21:24:26 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

@lina: omg i know what ur taking abt! i see it now lolol
i listen to the lofi hip hop stream at work lol , i love having the live streams for music cuz they don’t run out and u don’t have to make sure it keeps playing
which ones do u all usually have playing at work ??

yeah i feel like bright / cool lights make me want to stay up later too? or like is harder for ur sleep?

and haha ty! ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 21:31:08 )
@xvz: I listen to “ChilledCow” channel on YouTube a lot. They have a few different music stations that I like.
I literally have a few images from music stations on YouTube that I just saved because they’re too pretty. *o*

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 22:23:02 )

⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

@lina: omg yes that's the one!!
i love that headphones girl, i think it would be cute to a take on it sometime! :3
aw i love those pics, they're so cute! they always look so cozy, i love interiors , esp cozy bedroom ones ^0^
there's one that is like ,,, rainy jazz that i like :-D

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 22:33:56 )
@xvz: yes! They always have such good vibes. Happy, or cozy, or calming. It’s the perfect music and image sometimes.
When I’m home alone I can put it up on the tv and draw to the music. And I can look up and be like, ah such serenity! :3
That’s the cozy warm vibes of the art you did!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 22:47:40 )

⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat + afterparty art freebies :3

@lina: aw that sounds so nice!! i don't have a tv but i've done that before in a past place i've stayed at (that or like, a 10 hour fireplace video hahaha)
i think it's great music to do stuff to cuz it's got a good vibe n energy wo being distracting :0
if there are words in music sometimes i lose focus on whatever it is i'm trying to do lol

i think it would be cute to draw an oc in the headphones girl pose! :3

also happy friday ^^ anything you're looking forward to this weekend?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 22:50:26 )
Happy Friday!
I’m going to my mom’s for dinner after work today.
I think this weekend will be mostly chores. Maybe some Christmas shopping? Or planning thanksgiving dinner.
Omg, thanksgiving is less than a week away!? What happened to November?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 00:46:02 )

oh nice, i hope u have a nice dinner with your mom! is she nearby you?

omg right!! i was really surprised to see the date today, i was like how ... ?
what are your plans for thanksgiving? (i can't believe it's next week!)

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 01:08:11 )
I might go to my parent’s house? It’s hard to say, we didn’t really plan anything. But my brother works and my sister is planning to go to her husband’s parent’s place. So it might be good to go and keep them company.
We were saying earlier in the year we might not do thanksgiving and Christmas because of corona, but it will be fine if it’s just us 3. XD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 03:08:25 )

oohh i see, is your whole family in the general greater chicago area ?

yeah i think a gathering of 3 ppl esp family members should be fine! that sounds like a p good option honestly :3
my friend and i were thinking of doing something for friendsgiving but idk yet how ..... i'd wanna keep it super duper small but it might be kind of awkward figuring out who to invite? it might just be the two of us + a mutual friend or something maybe :-s

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 18:43:51 )
My brother and sister are still pretty close to our parent’s house. My brother moved more south into farm land and bought a house. Houses are cheaper there, so he could afford one.
My sister and I live together and moved closer to Chicago. She works in the city. But it’s more expensive here so we share an apartment.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 05:52:03 )

oh woah :0 farmland?? is he doing any farming?
you and ur sister are close right? :3 i think u mentioned before once that u consider her one of ur good friends?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 23:16:57 )
@xvz: no farming. But my brother does have 2 cats and like 5 ferrets. (I think?) and his girlfriend wants chickens but they’ve never had birds before so I’m skeptical.
Their ferrets are litter trained so they can have living room time and stuff but you can’t do that with chickens. And I think she wants a house chicken.

My sister is my best friend!
She’s 4 years older than me, and we definitely had years when we hated each other, but we are inseparable now.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 23:39:57 )

omg cute!!! ferrets chickens would be so cool :-0 like for fresh eggs n stuff??
i've never heard of a house chicken before Lol i'd love to see that .... one of my coworkers is raising chicks / chickens but >_> i think they're going to eat them lol

that's super sweet!!! what do you think changed, like how did you go from not getting along to getting along so well??
i had a pretty bad relationship w my older sibling for a long time but i think we're both trying to improve it :vichardxC:

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 23:51:17 )
@xvz: omg, you can’t raise chickens and eat them! The horror!

I think we were just too different when we were younger. Sometimes we liked the same things, but sometimes I think we were too different, probably because of our age difference. Being 6 and 10 isn’t so bad, but 12 and 16 are totally different worlds! But when I got to like 18ish and she was still living at home we realized we had a lot in common and started spending time together.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 23:58:20 )

yeah he wouldn't mention that part of the story to most ppl Lol
i think it's important you don't name them haha

ahh i see! yeah 12 and 16 is totally different phase of life lol, whew adolescence amirite lol
that's really nice tho :-) i feel like must make life easier if u get along w family / siblings haha like sharing an apt for example
i hope this isn't too nosy (no pressure if it is haha) but u mentioned she's married but lives w u? :0 does ur brother in law work far away or something?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/24 00:10:15 )
@xvz: lol, nope. My brother-in-law lives with us. He’s totally a great brother, very brotherly. We 100% have a sibling relationship.
My sister is a people person and she needs like a minimum amount of human interaction to be happy, and he’s more of a solo person who needs a minimum of alone time. So I’m there to hangout with my sister when he needs some alone time. It works out really well.
We actually have had our best friend living with us for a few years too. He has a bed in my room, so we share a bedroom now. Both our families think we must be dating but we aren’t. :3
(I’m asexual so... his loss) lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/24 00:16:27 )

ohhh i see, hah that makes sense ... reminds me of that joke where the doctor is like " I can't operate on him he is my son" and it's bc the doctor is the mom ? haha ... like ur sister lives w u but ur brother in law Also lives w yall

so it's like the 4 of u in a 2 br?? :0
it's nice yall are so close, i hope it made dealing w the year a little easier to be able to live and hang out w friends :-)
(i'm ace too ^^)

haha i'm def someone who needs minimum alone time lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/24 00:33:15 )
I would prefer to be alone more often than not, but I pay less than 1/4th rent because my sister basically is paying me to live with them and be with her; so I spend a lot of time with her instead of alone.
I do love spending time with her though, so I don’t mind. And a lot of it is just hanging out and watching tv or playing games, so it’s not like intense interaction or anything.

It’s been wonderful to have people to see during quarantine. I like being alone but I think being totally alone for like 4 months would have killed me. >.<

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.