Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Dumb Kid Confessions (Stuff you believed as a kid that isn't true)

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/23 21:11:42 )

This isn't really a lie I was told, as to how horrible I was as a small child. Read below.

I had this parakeet that was given to me when I was super young. Older than four but younger than ten, so 6-7 maybe? I named the parakeet Freddie. He was one of those basic green/yellow ones you get at the pet store. Well one day, I was playing "school" with my stuffd animals. I had them all lined up and had a chalk board and all that. Then I brought Freddie out and sat him on the floor. I also had this long wooden dowel I was using as a pointer. Freddie kept chirping or in my mind "talking without raising his hand/wing?" so I bopped him in the head with the dowel. Stupid kid me kept doing that until he went quiet. Little did I know, I gave the poor thing brain damage so he sat there alright, and quite. But obviously he ended up dying. I was so freaked out I didn't want my parents to find out so I stuffed him in my pants? Why there I have no idea.

Another instance was we used to have a aquarium full of fish in our house. It was a regular ten gallon tank, with all the filters and what not, and we had some ...swordtails I think they were called. Anyway, I fished one out to play with it because stupid kid me, didn't know they needed water to breathe. It ended up dying (of course) and then I hid it under my bed.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/24 03:32:29 )

@Q t e a p o n:

I was told that about watermelon seeds. I don't remember if I ever 'accidentally' ate one and freaked out, but I was told not to eat the seeds.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 10:40:03 )
When I was a little kid... my dad once tricked me into believing that I had a magical nose that, once pressed, turned on the TV. My mom laughed a lot about it. >_>

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 21:12:27 )

@Gossip: That's funny. Did your dad secretly turn the TV on when you did press your nose? Just to further along the lie?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 22:19:45 )
@Crystalkitsune85:
Yep, he did exactly that! D:

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 23:21:07 )

@Gossip: How long did he go along with the ruse?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 09:00:03 )
@Crystalkitsune85:
An afternoon or so. They couldn't keep a straight face iirc.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 21:35:39 )

@Gossip: When they stopped did they go "aww I guess your nose button stopped working" or something like "You were only able to use it for a short time before it went away?". Or did they just confess they were tricking you?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 06:03:41 )
@Crystalkitsune85:
I think they confessed pretty straight away.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 08:05:10 )

@Gossip: It was kinda silly to say that in the first place lol. I mean they'd of either had to constantly keep up with the ruse or dissapoint your poor little heart. Almost kind of on the same vein as Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, but those are easier to keep going since it's what all parents tell their kids. I really can't remember anything my parents said I could do and not really do like that. Aside from the Santa, etc. type stuff, I don't think they did that. They were usually pretty straight forward with me. Even if I drew a picture of something, they'd say it was good, but did constructive criticism also, so I could improve.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 17:41:45 )
@Crystalkitsune85:
Oh man my dad straight up told me and my brother that Santa didn't exist one day back in elementary school. Brutal D:

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 21:04:00 )

@Gossip: I kind of found out on my own that Santa didn't exist. I was a sneaky ass kid one Christmas Eve and I peeked out of my room and literally saw my mom putting presents around the tree. Those same ones I saw the next morning said "From Santa" I'm like...well if he existed my mom wouldn't of put them out ahead of time. I think I kept believing for a while after that and let them tell me on their own. But I kinda already knew. And since I knew Santa wasn't real I knew the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy were fake also. Plus there's also the kids at school who already didn't believe and will tell you he doesn't exist as well.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 01:24:59 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

My grandmother convinced me, a very shy child, that if I nodded or shook my head too much it would eventually fall off. So I always had to answer questions with "yes" or "no" XD She also convinced me that tomato sauce was not in fact tomato sauce (because I didn't like tomatoes) and that it was cheery sauce... I called it that for years XDD

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 08:00:50 )

@SuperZombiePotatoe: That was her way of getting you to be less shy and talk aloud. Though that does seem a bit brutal at the same time. "Hey if you nod or shake your head too much your head will fall off" lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 08:40:26 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

I used to think that fictional characters were real when I was a kid and treated them as if they were RL people. ._.; or maybe I'm in denial until I was in my early teens, only to realise ficitional characters weren't real, just fictional. And oh boy, was I embarrassed...

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 21:26:50 )

@ChiffonOrange: This may sound strange, but I often pretended that anime characters (Mostly Inuyasha) would follow me around and I'd have private conversations with them. Even to this day, I often talk to myself like I'm talking to another person. I'll be in my room or doing something around the house and I'll explain out stuff that happened to me before, or rant out something vocally as if I was talking to someone. Nope! Just talking to myself. Also as a kid I'd kind of did the same thing, only I'd do little "scenes" of like fan fiction of stories or movies and I'd play all the characters, and I'd just do it aloud in my room.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:20:22 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Crystalkitsune85: Ah I see. I also tend to talk to myself as well whether I'm in public (sometimes) or not.

I'm sure most people do imagine those scenes as you mentioned and sometimes getting attached to fictional characters as if they will listen to you since most of them will never try to cut you off in conversation or making your day bad.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:24:18 )

@ChiffonOrange: Oh I always had the problem of being interrupted or talked over because I'm literally the youngest in the family. Even my youngest cousin is the same age as me, but older by 6 months. So I was always ignored, interrupted or talked over. Which is why I learned to talk really loud and even now, I'll be told to stop yelling and I'll be like...that's the only way I can be heard. I guess talking to myself or 'imaginary' characters was my only outlet for that frustration.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:26:47 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

Crystalkitsune85:

@SuperZombiePotatoe: That was her way of getting you to be less shy and talk aloud. Though that does seem a bit brutal at the same time. "Hey if you nod or shake your head too much your head will fall off" lol.

Oh I get that for sure and it 100% worked. But damn, like I was a Barbie doll or something XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/31 22:41:28 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Crystalkitsune85: That's understandable. *nods* Being ignored or any of those you mentioned above sucks since you're trying to have a conversation with them and they often ignored you in return, I feel the same way as you do when I was a child even to this day.

And yeah, talking to fictional characters seems like a pretty good "outlet" as you don't have to get into arguements or fights with RL people.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.