Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games "Life Itself" | ACNH thread

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 15:59:54 )
@0v7: I was totally thinking of Agnes, too lol. Same wavelength right there, bro. I'm gonna pop on the album while I'm drawing, I'll be sure to listen extra hard to those songs lol

It looks good! And omg the struggles of being an artist with a bad back. Real happy to hear you found something that eases the strain on it :')

Yeah, I stopped playing Pocket Camp for that reason, too. It's where I learned about SO many villagers, though. It made it easier to start playing NL with my husband.
Hope you can find Punchy! He's a cutie. There's a thread on reddit that frequently has villagers in boxes to take for free, might have luck looking there (NoFeeAC)

Been meaning to give Vic that hat!! Buuut, yes, it stacks LMFAO

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 16:05:08 )

"You\'ve had too much of the digital love -

@McMoney: I'm listening to HTBAHB on shuffle, just waiting for Agnes to surprise me. >:3
My top 3 songs of HTBAHB are Agnes, Life Itself, and Pork Soda or Mama's Gun. I actually don't like one song, and it's Poplar St.

Pocket Camp was so nice for a while and then they introduced... the cookies? which cost real money - and it kinda went downhill from there. See, I had played ACNL for a while and got bored, hacked my 3DS and made a dream town and then never touched it after, so Pocket Camp was nice! for a bit. I'm glad ACNH came out when it did 'cause omg... I wanted my Animal Crossing! Did I buy a Switch lite just for that? Yes,

I wonder if my internet's good enough to connect to other people now... I tried with Total a month or so ago but that was on my old router :0

Also I WHEEZED AT THAT PIC! He looks so funny lol

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 03:01:28 )
@0v7: Bummer, I loved Poplar Street. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Hope Agnes hit you JUST right during your listen lol

Oh, man. Couldn't stand the cookies. Especially the way they would pop up and slow down the game, can't say I miss it. When we got New Leaf and New Horizons? No questions haha
My husband did the same as you in New Leaf ha. The burnout is toooo real. I'm stubborn, though. Made it so neither of us can time travel on New Horizons >:)
Don't worry, bro. I got the Switch to play Zelda :')

If your net's all good, would love to play with ya sometime! Our island's a big mess of a WIP, but you're totally welcome

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 03:48:06 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@McMoney: Agnes made me so emotional and I'm like yesss.. music is so powerful. I do like some lines in Poplar St. but something about it makes me not want to listen to the entirety?? idk what it is lol

God yeah they definitely slowed mine down and I had a decent phone >_>
I time travel on New Horizons, 'cause I'm technically gathering enough resources for me n my friend who plays on my Switch but not a lot :0 Also, mushroom DIYs are so hard to get T_T
I'm thinking of getting a case for my Switch... an ~aesthetic~ one, though I'm broke right now lol.

I could certainly try - I haven't tested my connection with other people yet :0

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 04:23:27 )
@0v7: Music is the way to the heart, man. Think certain songs helped me fall in love, if I'm honest. The way sounds dance with your emotions, memories, feelings, ugh. All so beautiful. Seems like you got great tastes in music, man! Would love to hear if you got any more recommendations

Not doing any time travel is SUCH a challenge, man. Just remembering the dates to events and actually having to get up early for turnips is a hassle, at times. Not to mention most fishing tournies land on weekends where I work :'( my favorite thing in any game is fishing lol
ugh, good luck getting the mushroom DIYs! Some of the best there is but they're so scarce!!
Cases are always a good plan. You going for a full custom one?

Let me know whenever you're down to play! idk how long I'll be on tonight tho, getting kinda faded lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 14:45:42 )

@McMoney: Another fave band of mine is Mother Mother! They're a bit folksy/rock/punk ?? I have no idea what their genre is. They used to make some pretty heavy music but their latest album "Dance and Cry" is a bit cathartic... my favorite song from that album is "It's Alright". Makes me cry like a baby lol

Thankfully you don't have to worry about rotten turnips from time travelling! I don't do the stalk market myself but I know some people do and get rotten turnips. I used to love fishing until I ran out of fish to collect for the first... 3 months I played? Yeah I have one mushie DIY and it's the one Isabelle gives you u_u
I.. THINK I am? I'm new to cases for consoles haha. I could maybe link the one I was looking at..? I'm also wanting like, joystick caps that are cat paws.

I kinda passed out last night LOL. I'm usually online from 8am to 10pm, though I do have avatar site dailies and stuff I juggle. I'd say I'm done with those by 2/3pm... though I am making more art than usual. We'll see!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 16:41:28 )
@0v7: Dude omg I REALLY like Mother Mother, too haha. Didn't know they had a new album, either! Got a lot to listen to when I get off of work again lol. Appreciate the recs!
Not sure if you'd be into them, but some of my favorite bands are Lion Sphere and Mild Orange ;0

My husband makes bank off the stalk market. He goes on turnip runs every few months and our island is SET lmao. Bells aren't a big concern but man, I'm thankful for switch online. Trying to do turnips in our town is a nightmare, I've never seen our island have a good price haha
All I do is fish and I still haven't caught everything! Lucky you lol. But yeah, I'm still trying to grind for mushrooms and DIYs too.

If you got a link, show me the case!! Those cat paw joystick covers are too cute, hope you can get your console all fancy soon!

I'm usually up pretty late, since I work overnight haha, no worries for knocking out. Hope you slept well!
I work a 2-2-3 schedule, so mt days off flip flop during the week. Feel free to ping or message whenever you get a chance and I'll let you know if I'm free :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 16:49:03 )

@McMoney: Their new album is soooo good!! I subscribe to their YouTube channels so I get to see music as they release - for Mother Mother and Glass Animals anyways. No prob! I like Jack Stauber too, that person's got funky music - I love "Baby Hotline" and "Two Time" most from that artist. Also, I'm listening to Lion Sphere's album A Moving Sun and it's a JAM!!

I usually sell fossils and plant a ridiculous amount of money trees >:3
I haven't gotten fish since I initially completed the three month's worth of fish - should probably do that, or delegate it to my alter who plays. eheheh

Here's the case I was looking at! and also the cat paw joystick covers I was looking at! I want both 'cause I want my console to look cute >:3

Just as I finish writing this post the second track of "A Moving Sun" plays, and I'm now in love with this track >w>
Also, I'll def ping / message when I'm playing and you seem to be online :0 Lately I've been juggling SO many plates @_@

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 17:08:35 )
@0v7: Sauber is a good one!! I really like his animated shorts, been meaning to listen to more of his stuff, my favorite of his atm is "Oh Klahoma"
I leave my youtube so bare-bones. haven't subscribed or liked much of anything but DANG do I got playlists lined up for any occasion lol. I got the two albums you mentioned saved up for when I have my three day weekend! Gonna be so groovy
The first two tracks on Moving Sun are pretty intense haha. It's all good, but those do a great job of pulling in a listener >:) It gets pretty intense later in the album, it's fantastic. I set Mild Orange's "Foreplay" album up after Moving Sun, usually. Trippy jams that take you on a ride lol

Oh, I love collecting fossils! Bit of a hoarder with them tbh. Said it was to decorate our museum at first, but I have no excuses now LMFAO.
I'm trying so hard to fill up the museum! My favorite place in-game tbh. I won't visit for months at a time, just to keep it fresh and exciting. Always something new to see when we visit!

Ohh, I'm so jealous of your switch haha. Got me looking at cases now, thanks LMAO

No rush to play at all, man. Long as you got some down time and you're able to have fun, it's all cool <3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 17:14:36 )

@McMoney: That's so funny 'cause I live in Oklahoma!!! Another good band I think is Cosmo Sheldrake - a bit more fantasy/chill tho, compared to the other bands, but whimsical!
My YouTube has 2 subs and it's to Glass Animals and Mother Mother lol. I had playlists on there for music but I ended up downloading everything.
I'm gonna listen to that next album as soon as this one's over! Gotta get the whole experience >:3

I have all the fossils - in fact, I completed my fossil portion of the museum really early on. I'm working on the art section now, but Redd is ignoring my island /joking. I haven't visited my museum in a while.. maybe I should when I get time!

My Switch is my only handheld console that's... modern, my other only console is the 3DS I hacked >w>;
I'm mainly getting a case since my cousin played on my Switch and dropped it. Heart attack, I'm tellin' ya.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 17:40:48 )
@0v7: Oh, whoa. Didn't know that lol. How you like it there? Heard there's some good chow :0
Been meaning to listen to more Sheldrake, Come Along and Moss pop up on my mixes here and there, I've been digging them! Got their album queued up, too. Really should download more, talking about it makes me miss CDs and mixtapes LMAO, would be great for roadtrips or deadzones |D
Let me know how you like it! Got plenty more tunes, if you're looking ;0

Yeah, we finished our fossil section real quick, too. Was kinda bummed it's so small but WOW, it is stunning to look at the layout and setup. Redd doesn't like anybody, it seems LMFAO, the art section is so... Bare and lonely </3 Museum's a nice place to chill out. Great music in there to go afk and doze lol

Those are great consoles, though! Put so many hours into Pokemon on the 3DS haha
BUT YIKES LMAO definitely get a case on that switch. Just reading that it dropped made my heart skip a beat lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 17:46:10 )

@McMoney: The food's pretty good! Though of course, I haven't been to a restaurant in a while.. last place I went to was a Mexican restaurant, not the best but it's good considering my fave moved to another location in a different town :(
I loved "The Moving Sun"!!! I'm listening to "Foreplay" now - it's got an interesting vibe :0!!

Last time Redd visited my island I time travelled to get like, 10 paintings. :'3 I haven't paid attention to the music since I have my own music playing to keep me focused - gotta love ADHD >w>

I have pretty much no games for my 3DS - except, as you guessed it, ACNL. I wanna get more games for my Switch but... dunno what to get. I usually play stuff on my computer >w> Do you have any cheaper game recs for the Switch??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 18:38:32 )
@0v7: Homemade meals are usually where it's at, man. Still, such a bummer when your favorite restaurant is outta the picture :(
One of my husband's favorite places was a local diner around here. Was our little date spot for a while, too. Seemed like you'd see everyone and their family at one point or another at that restaurant. So many good memories. The place recently shut down. Still gets me a bit emotional when we drive past that building...
I'll admit, Foreplay was the best when super high lmao. Always made the world look so wavy~

Man, I love the art section soooo much, sucks to see it so EMPTY. These other NPCs need to stop taking up Redd's time >:(
You make time travel sound soooo tempting, but we're hanging in there! got plenty of fish and bugs to catch in the meantime, ain't gonna stop until that museum is filled!!

Some of my favorite games that got ported to switch were Outlast and Bayonetta! Wildly different genres LMAO but they're great and pretty challenging! Though, Outlast is a bit short, it's actually got a great story aside from the "Scary things chasing you booOooO" haha.
Okami is a good one they ported, too! Beautiful game, though I think they stretched out the ending a bit too much imo. Not sure how much that was anymore, but if you get a chance, it's worth a play!
I got a lot of my games while they were on sale, but I haven't checked the eshop in a LONG time. The used games section of stores is also a lifesaver. You might find something cooler where I didn't look tho ;0

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 18:55:10 )

@McMoney: Homemade meals are the best. I should be doing some cooking today but I have a killer migraine from too much coffee... hopefully it dies down a bit soon. It's so sad when longtime restaurants close down, especially the mom n pop type ones. I wanna go to a restaurant but.. I gotta watch my diet :'/ I wish I could've listened to Foreplay more but my head's killin' me :c

I have 15?? out of the.. 48 total art pieces, I think. I can't remember how many there are, actually.. many arts though. I need to catch more bugs and fish but I've been adding stuff to my island.. I wonder if I could set up a dream address now that I have Online??

I feel like I've heard of Outlast before :0 Bayonetta is interesting too but I'm terrible at games that involve fighting >w> Okami is SOOO pretty!! I wanna play it so bad :0 I should check out Walmart's selection of games. It can't be THAT much... right?? lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 19:17:31 )
@0v7: Ha, looking at a screen probably isn't helping your head, bro! Rest up, hope you feel better soon ;v;
Haven't found another mom n pop place quite like that since. One day, hopefully! I need another easy date spot lol
I've been eating out less just because of the money, honey omg. It eats at your wallet when like... You can cook SO MUCH MORE food yourself and have leftovers. Diet is a huge one, too. Hate how quickly you feel hungry after eating junk but man, I love garbage filler foods and snacks soooo much lmao

That's so many pieces omg. Gonna take forever and a day to fill the art section noooooo.
I've never done the dream address, but would love to see your island, if you can! Mine's such a mess rn, need some inspo on certain areas haha

Outlast is a survival horror/thriller type game! You can't fight enemies so all you got is running and hiding. HOOO boy I've yelled at that game so much haha, it gets ya good but it has an awesome story going for it, once you get past the jumps and scares. Oh, man. I was terrible at Bayonetta, too! Still fun, though. The combat is so busy and you gotta keep combos in mind. Nice for a challenge, though! Super zany and off the wall humor, too.
Okami took soooo much sleep from me when I played it! Gorgeous art, character design, enemies, and style. Will never get old
Walmart has deals sometimes, yeah! I usually look in Gamestop for old used games. Ebay/Amazon work, too!!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 19:23:06 )

@McMoney: Thank you ;w; I lowered the contrast on the two sites I'm using right now - via CSS.
Me too - plus the pandemic, plus my diet.. Most restaurants serve meat, which I'm ultimately avoiding right now. I love junk food but it makes me feel terrible, but it tastes so good... The struggle.

Yeah I'm like holy crap, how on earth is a non-time traveller gonna fill their museum ??
I should set mine up while I'm thinking about it - it's a bit of a WIP since I'm not sure what I wanna do with the empty spots of my island >w>

Oh good!! I'm not actually that easily scared... I can't think of the last time a horror game got me :0 Jumpscares don't usually get me either. Is Bayonetta one of those fighting games that are kinda like Smash ??
I have no idea where the nearest Gamestop to me is lol, I should check Amazon tho!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:18:14 )
@0v7: Not eating meat seems so hard. I've been trying to find other ways to get enough protein in a day but options seem so limited when we're stuck with.. Not a ton of free time haha. Trying, though! Soups and burrito bowls with beans are a nice, filling way to get what you need out of your food. Leftovers for dayssss, too :)
I like to cook and I like to eat, it's a deadly combo haha. I'm so weak when a pizza or burgers are put in front of me, man. it's a hard habit to kick, for sure.
Holidays help a TON with getting me to eat less. Gotta save money for gifts TvT

Non-time travellers sit on the beach and cry while waiting for Redd's boat LMAO.
They gave us too much power when we could decorate outside haha. Wish we could hang things up on cliffs, though! Think most people's islands are in a perpetual state of being in a WIP

Outlast sounds up your alley, then! Past the scares, the lore you get from exploring (while running from murderers LMAO my hearrrrt couldn't take it) and picking up documents on the people you see is SO interesting. If there's a deal on it, I'd recommend hopping on it ;)
Bayonetta is more like a hack n slash? But with more angels, demons, guns, and the like. Best way I know of describing it haha. It's a wild ride, not sure if it'd be your cup of tea but I enjoyed it (and it was on sale. I'm a sucker for dealzzz)
Lmk if you find anything good on amazon! i want new games to play, too ;v; What do you play on PC btw?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:40:05 )

@McMoney: I usually eat tofu/tofu based things now! And fish, since tofu doesn't have a whole lot of protein. I love beans, but I've eaten them so much recently that I'm taking a break with them loll
I like cooking but my back's so bad that I rarely get to now :( I had a dream we ordered pizza and it was all meat... ;-;

Redd let all of the non-time travellers visit your boat!!! They're begging !!!
I wish we could hang things on everything vertical and flat that isn't a door. Like simple panels! I know some people on social media have completed islands and I'm like damn, wish I had that free time :/

I hope Outlast ends up being on sale sometime - it seems pretty fun! Although, Switch games seem to hardly be on sale.
Hmm, I dunno if I'd like Bayonetta - I'm more lore and exploration oriented with a preference of no fighting :0

A couple games I liked on PC were Undertale (who hasn't played that tho lol), Transistor despite it's faults, Stardew Valley, the Sims 4 briefly.. hmm, I played Terraria but boy did I suck at it lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:09:27 )
@0v7: I wish I could get myself to like tofu, man. Seems like such a healthier choice but ugh, something about it throws me way off haha. Fish, though? I could chow all day haha, but my husband doesn't like it, so it's not often I indulge. Great you're finding other sources of protein, though. Keep it balanced!
I burned myself out on beans, too omg. You know how often I eat red beans and rice? Too. Much.
Bad backs are a struggle of their own, man. Sorry you have to deal with that :(
Meat pizzas are my favorite tbh. So whacky it came up for you in a dream like that, though haha

Custom designs on simple panels would be the BEST for decoration. I've been wanting to make a beachside tiki bar for a while, using the panels as the shelves for drinks ;0 Need to collect A LOT more before I do that, though.
People probably went hard with decor when covid hit. My job is "essential" smh, I was never able to stop going to work and DAMN them bills be hitting TvT

It's on more than just the switch, though i'm not sure if Outlast is on PC tbh.
Loved Undertale! been thinking of playing it again. A friend has been trying to get me into Stardew and oooh, I think I'm about to cave and try it out REAL soon haha

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:22:03 )

@McMoney: I like tofu when I cook it - others? not so much lol. I had shrimp tacos for lunch, and they were good despite not having actual taco seasoning.. I improvised my own. >w>;
I eat beans and rice a lot - dunno why, actually, but I got burnt out on both so now I have to expand my diet. lol

I have some simple panels with custom designs but not TOO fancy yet. I have a little market, and a café, aaand... a tea party area but that doesn't use simple panels. Yet. I haven't gone hard on decor 'cause I have so much to do lately...

Hmm, I wonder if my Switch is compatible? I have the Lite version, aka no separate Joy-cons.
Stardew Valley is so cute! I have to use a couple of mods to really enjoy it, since some aspects of the game are not great.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.