Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat sleep check !!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 19:18:04 )
how is everyone sleeping lately ?? good ? bad ??
any nightmares ?? (i've heard thos are more common bc of covid-19 !!!)
any good dreams ??

tell us all about it!! ^u^
feel free to post tips for good sleep , too !!

as for myself , i've been sleeping ok !!! i only woke up 4 times last night :3
boris says he's slept really well , if ur curious about him too !!
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 19:46:31 )
@Nephila: i know how it feels ;w; i had to stop taking my anxiety medicine bc it made my blood pressure drop
school dreams r the weirdest, especially when u've finished school already !! hopefully urs arent too bad :0
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 20:23:11 )

I've oddly been doing well for sleep lately. I've been managing at least 7-9hours and have been hitting rem sleep properly. It's been a while since that's happened. Sure enough it took being out of work for 3 ish months in order to semi fix my sleep schedule LOL

It's nice though, today I know I got more than 7 hours, at least 8, and I was comfy enough that I simply didn't want to get up. (I did anyway because I had to get up for work, though.)
im a space cadet who's lazy with typing 90% of the time
pls ping me

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 22:01:51 )
โ„๐ŸŒˆ โ„ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! โ„ ๐ŸŒˆ

@vitreus: I have had a wonky sleep schedule lately. A lot of changes have happened in my life and all at once. However, I have been working on getting back to a schedule and better pattern.

I haven't had dreams. But with the help I have received from my son and my special friend I have had a lot of weight lifted off my shoulders. I've also been painting my living room....then hallway....then dining room....about to transition to my kitchen and maybe bathroom lol. Lots of sunshine yellow and idk like royal purple I guess. I'm not an artist and so colors are hard to describe. But my living room is essentially being turned into a Disney shrine lol

I also make sure to eat at appropriate times and shower daily. I know that sounds silly but with so many people staying home it has become more common place to skip showers and stay up later and snack etc I also make time to get out daily at least 10 min. Nothing lofty or exuberant. Just 10 min of fresh air.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 23:07:26 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

My sleep has been... not great =v=; The night before last night, I couldn't sleep at all - and then last night I passed out for 12 hours, after a 4 hour nap earlier in the day. Hopefully that means I've caught up my sleep!! Dunno why I couldn't sleep in the first place, tho? Maybe I'm too excited for my birthday lol

My advice is to start sipping water as soon as you wake up - maybe keep a bottle with a cap on your bedside table or something. Also, try not to pull all-nighters, and go to bed at a reasonable time (I go to bed at like, 9pm lol)

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:27:21 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

someone told me people are dreaming more since quarantine -> less outside stimulus or something, i think it's a reasonable theory ...

@xanthan: sounds like you're doing a really good job of taking care of yourself!
that eat + shower + walk combo sounds great
at the beginning of staying at home i put in a lot of effort to maintain a similar routine cuz i know if i didn't everything would go to shit lol
i'm glad i did, i'm more lenient now about my routine but i'm sure it saved me a bit of suffering otherwise

@0v7: happy birthday ^^ ~ !

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:29:41 )
i've been having stressful trauma nightmares for the most part - been trying to do chores, smoke weed and chill out before bed so that im tired and so my brains not in so much of a rush
pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds
โ˜น

โ”‹ ๐•๐„๐’๐’ โ”‹ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ โ”‹ ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž โ”‹
questing โ”‹ hangout โ”‹ gallery

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:37:30 )

@xvz: omg thank you but it's not quite my bday yet!! It's on the 17th =v=
I've just been so excited abt it all week, since it's my 21st bday coming up !!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:41:35 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

@0v7: happy early* birthday ^^ lol
that's sweet, i'm glad you're really excited :-)
i hope you'll get to do something nice for it!

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:43:01 )

@xvz: I got a ton of sushi last Saturday as a gift from my aunt + uncle - plus on my actual birthday, I get to have some fancy wine from the 80's!!!
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes ;w; it means a lot to me

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:49:14 )

@0v7: oh my gosh that sounds amazing lol
i haven't had sushi in so long i hope it was delicious

and ofc!! <3 i hope you have a lovely day the day of too :-)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:54:30 )

@xvz: The sushi was AMAZING!! And thank you - I think it'll be a great day :D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 01:57:56 )
Complicated, my sleep routine is eh, messed up
It's hard for me to go to bed before 2/3 o clock oops.
I fall asleep fairly easy and when i don't im usually not bothered my it cause i'll just day dream till i do fall asleep. :')
Sometimes listening to sounds/soft music/asmr helps if im having trouble.

Used to be great at remembering dreams but since im not getting the sleep i probably should get not as much
But they're usually just very weird. (a while a go i dreamed i was in a supermarket, looked down and somehow lost my shoes in said supermarket)

It's very hard for me to get nightmares, since i either wake myself up, pause the dream, reload/go back to a part where it wasn't unpleasant or just ' quit' the dream lol. Only downside is when it fails i end up with sleep paralysis but i taught myself how to deal with that as well.
So at this point it's mostly just a lil bit inconvenient and dreams are a bit stressful at most. :')
Actual nightmares are very rare. (let's hope i did not jinx that just now. :p )

@vitreus: Maybe this is an odd question but do you guys sometimes have, like, separate or shared dreams?
I'm rather curious about how dreams work for you guys, if you don't mind me asking of course. (:

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:10:02 )

My sleep pattern is pretty wack; I can never get to bed on time because I'm just not tired enough/not ready yet, and I frequently wake up about an hour to a half hour before I'm supposed to for some reason (maybe my dumb brain is anticipating having to get up?). I almost always wake up once in the middle of the night, but afaik that's normal... though sometimes it's a problem because I have trouble getting back to sleep, or my "middle of the night" is too close to the time I'm supposed to get up so I just have to stay up. The worst nights are the ones where I wake up often, usually every 2 hours. A single day of staying up too late or sleeping too late in the day for whatever reason will be enough to throw off my sleep schedule for the rest of the month. I have a seriously hard time fixing it, probably because I've been on either a night or evening shift for most of the past decade but everything besides my job requires getting up super early.

My dreams are never anything worth remembering, with few exceptions, but this morning I woke up after dreaming I got into a car accident. Nice. It's usually garbled nonsense, like you'd expect from dreams, or equally stereotypical "nightmare" scenarios that are so overdone I'm even bored of them in my dreams. The last time I remember actually having a pleasant dream, I was jerked out of it by some kind of really bad pain for which there was no explanation, but it lasted several minutes and then never happened again. P sure at this point that I'm just cursed.

That said, I've been sleeping better the past couple of days while my grandma has been out of town. So she's probably (unsurprisingly) been a contributing factor, along with my job, neighbors, and general stress. Maybe I won't hate bedtime so much when I'm finally able to move away.

tl;dr: I wish I didn't have to sleep but it's a necessary evil.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:40:21 )

@siron: woah the pause/rewind/quit thing sound so interesting
do you know how you do it? do you lucid dream?

โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

โ €โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €art shopโ €·โ €galleryโ €·โ €closetโ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €buying / questing: capricorn โ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 07:40:28 )
โ„๐ŸŒˆ โ„ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! โ„ ๐ŸŒˆ

@0v7: see what happens when you get excited over the sush? When you go to sleep are you having racing thoughts which keep you awake and from sleeping, or do you really think it could be your birthday bash beating your sleep habit all to hell? LOL also, great advice for the water. it helps jump start your whole body for the day.

@xvz: exactly! I know if I give myself an inch.....I will take the whole damn ruler. I have to maintain some semblance of routine or normalcy otherwise my mental health will deteriorate along with my physical. Good job on recognizing something similar in yourself and implementing it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Or something old and wise like that lol
๐ŸŒˆ Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
๐ŸŒˆ

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 13:05:06 )
@xvz:
I think it kinda happened on accident that i figured out how to do that, im not always fully conscious of it when i pull something like that off.
It kinda stems back from when i was a little kid actually!
Back then i somehow taught myself that if dreams got to scary/intense i had to close my eyes real tight and it would wake me up, throughout the years that mechanism just kinda changed. ( i game a lot so i think that's what the mechanism took after)
And , at the times i do end up with sleep paralysis i just keep my eyes closed so nothing can startle me, smile and wiggle my fingers/toes so i can wake up/move as soon as possible without being too stressed by it . (:

I used to try and train to be able to lucid dream but i have this problem that the moment i become aware of it being a dream i start to wake up.
And sometimes i just go back to normal dreaming in the middle of it.
So whenever i do go lucid it's pretty weak, rip.

One funny thing though (which might also be part of the reason why i can pull things like that off) , when thinking of stuff in dreams i often have acces to how i would think when i was awake/have access to irl memories even when im not myself in dreams. I have times where i wasn't lucid but i found myself commenting on the dream somehow.
Sometimes i even have memories in dreams from completely unrelated dreams i've had in the past. :')

But things you do throughout the day/ habits can manifest themselves in dreams so i do believe is possible to create some kind of safe word/action that can help you wake up from a dream (:
I think one of the things you could try is just telling yourself every night before sleep what that safeword/action would be and hope at some point dreams will pick up on that.

Kinda like some people train lucid dreaming but use the techniques for other things. c:

Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 15:11:12 )

@Xanthan: I think it was anxiety tbh, last night I slept like a rock after having lavender chamomile tea!!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 17:48:20 )
@Xanthan: well it's good that ur not so stressed !!!! trying to keep a normal schedule is v important! especially with quarantine ^u^
hopefully u sleep better soon!!
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 18:01:25 )
@Siron: that's so cool!! isn't it called lucid dreaming? id love 2 learn how to do that but im bad at realizing im dreaming ;w;

also, we don't usually share dreams!! i know our host dreams about the rest of us sometimes - i think we all have our own dreams at night but ofc i won't know for sure till i ask boris or seb!!!

@koneko: remembering dreams is hard for me too!! i only get the feeling its a good dream or not usually ;w; i should try a dream journal :0

@Count Trashula: i hope ur sleep pattern gets better!!! having little to no sleep sucks a lot D: hopefully ur feeling okay despite it !! ;v;

@Varien: it's good that u got some good sleep !!! i hope ur doing okay today :3

@vessel: i should try cbd oil before bed to calm my nerves :0 i need to get more though ;w; i hope ur dreams aren't as bad tonight

- [ miss sunny ]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.