Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat sleep check !!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 21:38:40 )
@koneko: im gonna try remembering my dreams right when i wake up! ( and then .. write it down :3 )

also how mysterious!! at least it wasn't like, one of those stressful high school dreams ;w;
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 21:58:00 )

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

@vitreus: cbd helps out a lot too! i usually hit a bunch of dabs to conk out lmao
i slept a little better last night! but one of my dreams was about hearing the news and learning that everyone would have to be in lockdown for 8 years

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds
โ˜น

โ”‹ ๐•๐„๐’๐’ โ”‹ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ โ”‹ ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž โ”‹
questing โ”‹ hangout โ”‹ gallery

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 02:00:15 )
@koneko: omg i feel that and i'm p much fresh outta school !!

@vessel: omg i wld cry ;w; im glad that u slept a lil better tho !!
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 02:51:10 )
@koneko: rip to me!! good tht they get less frequent tho :D
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:08:32 )
โ„๐ŸŒˆ โ„ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! โ„ ๐ŸŒˆ

@vitreus: oh don't get me wrong, I do have stress, but i also do what i can to manage it. for instance, i know if i take my meds daily, it helps. but some days i don't feel like it. for me, feelings aren't facts, and so i do it anyways lol i sometimes wanna stay up all night and sleep all day, but i know it'll make me wonky so i begrudgingly head to bed at a more respectable hour lol. on a side note though, between work, and school, and the bind my ex put me in, i have a lot going but i can make it better or worse with my choices. i try my best to make it better. it is nice to be able to come on here, or reach out to friends as well and get help that way. :)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:12:49 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

@xanthan: yes i feel that, i know if i lose the routine it's so much harder to get it back!
health first for sure
i just hope i can maintain it for the rest of the year... ! at least for the most part haha

@siron: that's super interesting!! the thinking/memories thing is really fascinating and i wonder what makes it possible for some people but not others :0

lucid dreaming, i was able to train myself to do it once back in high school, but i woke up shortly after and haven't done it since ... i feel like it takes too much effort to try lol but i do try to write my dreams down as soon as possible in general and apparently it helps

i don't get the kind of sleep paralysis when you're awake, but i used to get dreams where it felt like i was awake (and in the same bed/setting) but it would feel really tight/heavy/bad/pressure and it felt physically real - but eventually i would realize it's a dream and have to try to force myself awake
the wiggling is a good idea, if it happens again i hope i'll remember to try it! it seems easier than the training lol - though maybe i'll try again since i have so much time on my hands now ... !

โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:14:06 )
@Xanthan: I have a lot of stress 2 , so I 'get' U!!! I try 2 take my meds nightly , so I won'mt feel worse - and also, U know, showers + regular meal-times. (speaking of, I need 2 eat !! if U haven'.t eaten recently-ish you Shld!!!) It's good tht Ur taking care of your-self , and tht U aren't afraid 2 reach out to ppl !!!
- [ Boris ]

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:19:21 )

@xvz: set a clear goal and remember, progress not perfection. it is ok to slip up from time to time. recognize it, reframe it, look at the end result, and get back on track but don't beat yourself up over it. and reward yourself for the effort not just the end goal. that is my advice when it comes to making any type of change and creating better habits. too often we say we will reward ourselves when we hit x milestone. well why not along the way as well? reward yourself for effort not just endpoints.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:25:13 )

@vitreus: thank you for that. I did just eat, and i am glad you said something. i need to get dinner started lol. Routine is definitely a staple to keeping yourself at your best for the day. Feel free to reach out anytime you like. I am not always on here but I do respond as soon as possible. I am so happy to have you all here.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:46:16 )
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

@xanthan: that's great advice! i definitely agree, and the rewarding yourself along the way thing is a great idea!

โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜ โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 00:13:59 )
@Xanthan: my dinner is pizza rolls :D what are u having (also srry for the random switching of ppl, we're a bit jumbled)
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:02:42 )

@xvz: way too often we deprive ourselves in order to "become better" "stay right" it just didn't make sense to me. So i reward myself for the big and the little victories.

@vitreus: Dinner is enchiladas :) i do love me some pizza rolls though. i wonder if i can have just a few while the enchiladas cook? hmm....i think i shall pop some in the air fryer just in case lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:14:35 )
@Xanthan: enchiladas are so good!!! im jealous -v-
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 02:29:18 )

@vitreus: I have plenty. Come on over. Pull up a chair.
๐ŸŒˆ Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
๐ŸŒˆ

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 15:36:58 )
@vitreus: i wouldn't call it lucid as im not actually aware of dreaming , well not to the point of it being lucid, im just aware enough to realize that i don't like where a dream is going and have ways to step out of it.

And people usually teach themselves to dream lucid by doing reality checks throughout the day, at least i think that's one of the most common ways.
Teaching yourself to remember your dreams can go a long way as well (:

And that sounds interesting, would you say its more like taking turns or can different dreams happen at the same time?
-----

@xvz:
Yeah no idea what let's me do it either but im not complaining haha c:

And yeah, lucid dreaming can take a lot of energy
I used to write my dreams down but it took so much energy out of me somehow so i couldn't really keep up with it anymore, sadly.
But i feel like it helps too cause you're making a conscious effort to write down and think about your dreams

I don't know if im awake when that happens, sometimes im in the exact same room and the only difference between irl and dreaming is basically the fact im either asleep or not. But when unsettling stuff is going on then i can pretty much confirm im asleep, still not pleasant though.

And rip @ the pressure thing, i used to have this thing where (i mean i was not awake,, thankfully) but could feel something sit on the bed or slowly push me off and let me tell you ive never been so happy to wake up in bed, i probably wouldnt have slept again had i woken up on the floor haha.
And yeah wiggling the smallest parts usually is the best way to get control back, it's hard enough as it is, probably going to stress yourself out even more if you try to move your whole arm without success.
Although it might depend on the person.

Do you experience sleep paralysis regularly or is it a completely random occurrence?

And trying new stuff can't hurt!
And it's fun if you at some point get to confirm something works for you. (:
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 23:37:40 )
@Siron: Hard 2 tell!! I'mn thinking at the same time , but also , no way 2 tell for sure !! I only "see" my dreams at nite :-0 I think the same goes 4 Miss Sunny and any others who aren''t on this "account"., Also, I accidentally lucid-dreamed last night...SUPER weird feeling !!!
- [ Boris ]

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 01:24:53 )
ใ€Ž Moody Says. . .ใ€

โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…

I slept okay though I kept feeling nauseated.
Though my back and everything else is quite stiff today and I feel rather exhausted.

Dreams were..a bit odd but that is honestly normal for me. :vanora_sweat:

Had a dream I had a bf who hurt me and i decided to give flowers to some famous guy instead of the bf.
very random indeed lol.

But other than that I sleep fine usually.
I go to sleep at 12am and wake up at 9:15am.

But last night kinda had a hard time since I didn't get a chance to draw
and progress through my newest art project thanks to computer constantly freezing.
So I didn't go to bed in a good mood.

as for any tips for sleeping, I put essential oil on anything that I sleep with like
a pillow or a stuffed animal.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 01:39:59 )
@MoodyBats: Hopefuly U sleep better tonite!!!
I should try the essential Oil tip :-0 I wonmder if I have any essentital oils... does it have 2 B a certain kind ??
- [ Boris ]

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 02:03:04 )
ใ€Ž Moody Says. . .ใ€

โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…

@vitreus: Certain essential oils relax you.
You just have to look up ones that are relaxing and not energizing.
Lavender helps with relaxing.

I use lavender because I get vertigo often
and it helps it subside for a while.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 02:19:54 )

@siron: ooh i think i just like remembering dreams ^^ like they're so interesting and i feel like writing them down is the only way i could possibly remember them!

oh my gosh lolol if i woke up on the floor i would start crying out of fear lol

hmm i don't think i get it too often, but in the past it happened a lot if like, i couldn't sleep all night and then had to nap during the day. usually if i wake up from the nap and went to bed that night, it would happen more often
it hasn't happened too much in the recent years tho, i think i have prioritized taking care of myself and my body including my sleep schedule/hygiene - thankfully bc those dreams were awful lol i would be scared to go back to sleep but know i had to cuz i needed sleep

it takes a while to build up a habit :0 but i think if you can keep it up for enough days it can end up sticking! and true the fun aspect is a good incentive :-)

โ €โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €art shopโ €·โ €galleryโ €·โ €closetโ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

โˆ˜โ—ฆแต’ .โ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝโ € {โ €buying / questing: capricorn โ €}โ €โ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†. แต’โ—ฆโˆ˜

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.