Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Quest to 2 million posts on Voltra!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 18:10:34 )

@sunny: Ok great!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 01:41:40 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

(soon emoji)

62k posts in a month sounds really ambitious tho lol ... the event forum is 36k posts at the moment ... but i guess undercurrent posts count towards the goals to :0

maybe by end of the next event or two??
i wonder how many posts we usually average a month

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:39:33 )

@xvz: The undercurrent counts. I noticed that a lot of people have been posting in the undercurrent. I'm assuming on mules?
62k does sound like a lot, and we might not get there by then, but sometimes I like the challenge lol.

I was thinking that we would have more event posts before the end of the year to help us along but you are right. Most of it will be in Jan, so probably we will hit 1.8mil posts at the end of the next event.

I felt like the last event was very active but there weren't as many users as other events. Like people will busy and didn't get the time to hang here.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 04:16:10 )

mm i haven't bumped in a while but after i bought a bunch of stuff recently i might have to start again lmao ... if i do bump tho i try to do it on my mule :3 so that my xvz post count doesn't count bumping (just for my own info i guess)

it's possible we could hit it by end of next event :0 depending on what the event threads are... i feel like we'll probably get another thread like the tea / cat threads :3 it's nice to have a voltra thread for everyone to hang out in, like it might be more welcoming / approachable than posting in a user thread

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 04:17:49 )

true i wonder when the busiest time of the year for voltra usually is??? the camp event was def popping and i think part of it too was we had a lot of users, esp considering there hadn't been an event in months by that point ... i think the more recent events are probably fewer users overall too since ppl might feel like oh we just had an event so i don't have to give this one my all? plus there are more irl holidays / commitments during this time of the year i think?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 05:35:42 )

@xvz: For a while I just used my mules for bumping (they have 5k posts cause of it) but now I just don't want to change accounts. I don't bump much. Most of my posts are actually posting.
Do you think that's the thread that's like the Mad Tea Party thread isn't welcoming? You know I just jump right in, but I want to see what others think.

Yeah during the summer event I think I saw like 75 users online. Which is a lot for us. XD
I did think this event didn't have as many different kind of users but I don't remember looking at the online user count. But I would think that more people would be busy this time of year vs the summer.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 05:52:06 )

@totalanimefan: i guess you don't really need the volts from bumping lol, i started my undercurrent thread partly for venting but mostly bc i needed the volts ... i usually only bumped while i was doing something else tho (like watching tv and needed to keep my hands occupied w something)

oh hmm ... i guess in my head voltra "sponsored" threads would be more welcoming in that, it's meant to be open to everyone. whereas user threads can be intimidating to post in if you don't know the person, like oh what if that person only made the thread just for their friends and they don't want me posting in there? or someone might be like oh i'll only post in a user thread if i'm already friends w them

but if the tea thread is moving fast i can see that being pretty intimidating too ... when i've checked it during my "off" days even i was like whew i can't post in this Lol. so i can imagine that being hard for someone who doesn't post as much to jump in

yeah i'm not sure! would love to hear other ppl's thoughts on this too... i think b/n the two of us we both post a lot and will chat w many different ppl but not everyone has the same posting mentality

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 05:55:55 )

oohh i didn't think to check the number of users online :3 i'll have to look at that number more, i'm curious!
and yeah true ... i do feel like the camp event i saw more ppl overall... even though reaping had lots of posting it was maybe spread out among fewer ppl in comparison ?
i also can imagine some ppl feeling burnt out on events a little since a lot of them have been back to back around this period, and esp after the camp event maybe? i love posting on voltra but i did feel it a little bit, like i can't be giving my all every event if they happen pretty frequently

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 06:10:31 )

Onward to 1.8mill!

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 06:26:18 )

@Starlight: yay and I know your gonna be a big help.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 06:31:29 )

@xvz: I have bumped before while watching TV. Sometimes it’s nice to do be able to do something with your hands. Other than that I will just bump like 3 times and then see if someone replied to me but that’s not all the time and not if I’m on mobile.

You do have a good point about if you are new where do you post. We are all pretty friendly here but some new people might take that like the people I talk to are just my group instead of thinking that I would be friends with everyone. Lol Voltra is kinda small so most of us know each other but I really like seeing new people and seeing the site grow more.

After the last event I did have to give myself a one or two day break from Voltra. Lol even I have to do another things.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 01:18:45 )

@totalanimefan: yeah and i feel like everyone has diff social dynamics / how they wanna interact too :0
i feel like the longer i'm on the better i understand how diff ppl prefer to interact ... like some ppl like pings, some don't, some prefer longposts, or casual chatting, or ... etc.

yeah for sure , breaks are important ahaha

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:15:33 )

@xvz: That's why I try to have it in my signature to ping me. Then they don't have to remember lol. Speaking of, I really like your signature. I think it's nice.
I'm good with either but the person has to be good at long posting back. I'm no good at completed carrying the conversation lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:23:57 )

@totalanimefan: aw thanks so much! ^^
i'm really right at the character limit lol ... if i receive any more nice avi art i'll have to make some Hard Decisions lol (or just start moving it to my profile or something) ... i have a post section in my closet for received avi art but i feel like it's kind of hidden away

yeah i think i try to match ppl w whatever style works well for them :0 i think it differs too depending on the kind of thread (e.g. general discussion? it's less common for ppl to be checking back on them, plus discussion is more topic focused, so pings are good - but hangouts i probably wouldn't) and like ... whether or not that person uses/checks bookmarked threads or not?

i do enjoy longposting if i'm not on much / forums are slow though, otherwise it's hard to have a conversation when someone posts like once a week lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 02:49:04 )

@xvz: maybe you could also show off some avatar art on your profile. I feel like avatar art is always a great addition to a profile.

I feel like there is always something the two of us can talk about. It’s like we never run out of things to say it each other. There are a few people were I talk to them sometimes but I find it harder to keep the conversation going. I still enjoy talking to them though.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 05:45:52 )

@totalanimefan: true! i remember last time on avi sites i loved to buy avi art lol
i feel like my avis on here can be hard to draw though sometimes tho (like cluttered, creatures, non human, etc. ) so i feel kind of bad requesting lol ... i def would have a hard time drawing some of them lol

yeah i agree i feel like it is pretty easy for us to talk to each other lol
i know what you mean though - like it's nice to see ppl around but sometimes you can't think of anything else to say, or some ppl post very short replies and i can't think of anything to respond to them w lol
i think you're good at talking to many different ppl tho! i like that u make an effort no matter who it is ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 19:24:09 )

@xvz: yeah you would have to make sure they can draw your avatars. They look great but are probably hard to do ^^;
Yeah you are just like stay a little more so I have something to say back. And they probably don’t even realize it either ^^;

Thank you. I like chatting with people and I want everyone to feel included too. ^^

Donator — He Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 19:27:38 )

Woahh i cant believe we reach it this fast o:

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 21:55:50 )

@Raxton: Yeah! And maybe we could be at 1.8 mil quickly if you help!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 22:48:44 )

@totalanimefan: yeah i feel, i think also when threads are moving fast i do try to make an effort to catch posts from ppl who don't post as much or who might have their posts get lost :0
like if you already don't post much and no one responds to u in a fast thread, i can imagine it being hard to find something else to say

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.