Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 Event Hangout: ~page prizes!~ RNG prizes ~ Come Chat- all welcome!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 13:57:08 )
@another movie addict:
@dragoness129:
@sunny:
@0v7:
@bonnie:

@ everyone

Good morning.
I feel a bit on the zombish side of things today so far and am hoping some coffee helps. How are you guys? What are your plans for today? I have some cleaning and reorganizing to do, some stuff to do online, and it would be nice to think that maybe I can get to draw or something but we'll see. Right now, coffee and hoping I'm coherent (lol)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:04:24 )

@Wildfire: good morning! It's already afternoon here. Sorry to hear you're feeling like a zombie :( I am going shopping later with my mum. Just looking for craft supplies.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:05:24 )
game: HANGMAN

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

_ A _ _ _ _ _ _ E (9 letters)

strikes: __ / 10

QUESTIONS for the day:

- now that all of the event items are out, which is your favorite?
    - which of the event items do you think will be the most versatile?
    - beach, mountains, desert, plains, swamp - what's your favorite and why?
    - llamas, horses, camels, goats, cows, sheep - do you have a favorite?
    - do you know how to read and write cursive?
    - do you know how to type (officially type, not hunt-and-peck)?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:06:25 )
@sunny: Good afternoon. Ooooh - craft supplies! What'cha looking for? What project(s) do you have in mind?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:07:20 )

@Wildfire: so my mum is really into paint pouring. We are going to look for canvases and maybe more paint.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:09:16 )
@sunny: Oh that can be fun! What kind of paint does she use for that? Acrylic, I would think, but maybe not...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:15:54 )

@Wildfire: yeah it's so fun to watch, and the results are awesome. it's acrylic paint yeah. You mix it with pva glue to make it pour able.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:18:28 )
@sunny: I have thought about playing with that technique a little bit in the past - it just looks FUN! I might have to try it. Glue, huh? I would not have guessed that as a medium to make it pourable...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:21:01 )

@Wildfire: it is so fun :D I would recommend trying it :) yeah there are specific products you can buy to make it pourable but my mum just uses glue. It's cheaper and it works just as well.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:37:01 )
@sunny: I bet. That's a great suggestion - thanks for that. I know how expensive art and craft supplies can be, and it's always a good thing to find alternatives if possible.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:47:56 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: Morning!! I just got up - made some coffee, then I'll have grocery store sushi for breakfast. While I have my coffee, I'm doing DV dailies - apparently if I don't do them in the morning, I'll end up staying up too late to finish them >w>;; After I'm done with all that, I'm gonna paint over something I did yesterday - just to fix some issues I had with it.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:50:16 )
@0v7: Good morning! That sounds like a relaxing day, actually.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 14:51:59 )

@Wildfire: Yeah! It's a nice change after all this week =v= I just gotta remember to take breaks when I do start painting - yesterday, I painted for 2 hours straight, and my back was killing me >w>;;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 15:02:37 )
@0v7: It's amazing how much physical effort painting can take, isn't it? So pace yourself and hope for the best. What are you painting if you don't mind my asking?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 15:07:18 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, I had to sit up straight which is apparently painful with how bad my back is >w>;
I'm painting a gift for a friend! We kind of did a painting swap on accident, apparently he was painting something for me too lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 15:18:31 )
@0v7: Oh that's funny. And cool. Are you enjoying the process?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 15:19:42 )

@Wildfire: It's... definitely fun in a hard way? The hand of the person I'm painting, is about the size of my thumb. It's..very hard to get fine lines on this - maybe I should buy bigger canvas next time >w>;;;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 15:25:29 )
@0v7: LOL! Yes, a bigger canvas would probably help. Small detailed work is difficult

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 15:28:07 )

@Wildfire: Yeahh, I didn't anticipate the details being so small - not sure why, since this is a full body painting... on canvas that's smaller than a normal piece of paper. I'm also working with acrylics, and after a long time of painting the paint starts to gum up. Maybe I should get the paint palette I saw at Walmart that could be closed...

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 17:33:13 )

@Wildfire: sorry I disappeared. We went to the store and I found a box for my rats, so I was letting them play in it. I made them a ballpit with mealworms.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.