Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 02:47:01 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just nodded and smiled.

"Well, he was very wise." he said.

"...and kind as well, from my vague memory." he went on, before pausing suddenly, remembering the sadness that had been in Callie's tone when she had mentioned the man earlier.

It was unknown what had happened to her father specifically, but it was widely believed that he was dead. Many claimed to have seen him fall before their very eyes, so it was hard to argue with the accepted story.

"A-anyway." he stammered.

"I don't mean to dwell on sore spots of conversation. Sorry." he apologised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 02:55:39 )

"Sore spots? No, not at all." Callie commented.

"I just... wish I knew where he is." She added with a sigh.

"We were eating dinner, there was a knock on the door. He went to answer it... and vanished, about a year ago." She added.

"Been looking for him seince."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 03:16:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I see." Adym replied.

"Maybe we'll find out as we travel." he told her. "Hopefully we will." he added.

They then spent a short amount of time buying supplies (as well as packs to carry them in), and were soon on their way, stepping to the outskirts of town, and down the dusty dirt road.

"..." Adym was silent, before sighing quietly as they walked.

"I wonder what's going on." he mumbled.

"I certainly hope whatever it is... we can help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 03:19:08 )

"I have no idea what's going on, and all wec an do is hope that it's nothing too serious." Callie said in response, before sighing.

"I hope it's something we can at least help with." She added

"Let me know how I can help, at any point, hey?" She asked with a chuckle as they walked, ""Might as well try and make myself useful, after all."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 03:40:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm sure you will be." Adym responded.

They walked down the road for a bit, before turning off and walking through the grass, towards the forest in the distance. As they walked, Callie noticed that it was starting to get a little dark, and while that was partly because of the hour, it was mainly because of the clouds that were starting to roll in.

Dark clouds.

Adym continued to push forward, though, either ignoring them or not noticing them.

"We're almost there." he told her.

"Once we enter the forest, we'll be close."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 03:43:28 )

Callie nodded as she looked up.

"Looks like we're going to have a storm." She then said.

"Is there anywhere we can hole up for shelter to wait it out?" She asked.

"I know enough to know that we'll still need to travel through there for about half a day or so, at least."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 04:04:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym paused for a moment, glancing upwards.

He muttered a curse in elven, before shaking his head.

"Plenty of caves in the forest." he told her. "We should be able to find one and hole up in it if things get really bad." he said further, as his pace quickened a little bit.

"Let's try to put as much distance behind us as we can before it starts up." he continued.

"At least get into the forest. It should prove us SOME shelter."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 04:08:27 )

Callie looked around.

"Then let's head to the cliff wall over there." She started.

"As we need to follow that to find a cavern, one would think." She added with a light shrug as she started making her way in the direction of the cliffside in the distance. It was pretty far in the distance, admittedly, but it was there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 04:26:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym watched as she started to make her way towards the cliffside, before something came to mind.

"Wait!" he called out.

"There's a cabin in the woods!" he remembered.

"It should be more than adequate enough, and it'll be more comfortable!" he said further.

He was glad he'd remembered that.

If they were heading to the cliff, they weren't heading to the forest.

And he didn't like that thought.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 04:38:46 )

Callie paused, looking back to ADym.

"That... is easier." She commented with a light chuckle.

"Good to know. Do you have any idea whereabouts it is?" She then asked as she made her way back to him.

"Because that would be handy. If not, then I'm sure we'll find it." She continued, "something tells me that it might not be the easiest though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 04:59:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym looked around for a moment, and then sighed.

"Yes, and no." he said.

"See... it's strange. But it's how the forest is enchanted." he told her.

"If you need a place to rest and be safe, and the forest 'senses' that you do not mean it harm, then you won't find the cabin... the cabin will find YOU." he explained to her. "...as much as that doesn't make sense." he mumbled.

"That being said, I should be able to use my connection to the forest to home in on it." he then assured her.

"So even if I don't know where it is, I'll be able to get a general direction."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 05:02:50 )

Callie nodded.

"That's fair." She commented.

"I know it's something that one might find weird, but remember. I'm from this world." She added with a light laugh as they started to walk toward the forest again.

"What kind of anything should we expect within these trees? Anything actually threatening?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 05:24:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't.......... think so." Adym replied.

"There wasn't the last time I was there. But... that WAS a while ago." he admitted with a sigh.

"I think there might be a few... well, sabre-wolves in there, but... they generally don't attack elves." he told her. [b}"And since you'll be with me, you should be safe as well."[/b] he assured her.

And that was when they heard a crash of thunder in the distance, as the clouds grew darker and darker.

Adym let out a few more elven curses, as they picked up the pace.

"At least this didn't start up while we were on the road."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 05:30:02 )

Callie was quick to get under the shelter of the trees with adym. She couldn't deny that she didn't want to be caught out in a storm, but at least there was a semblance of safety in there.

If one ignored how you shouldn't be under a tree when it's struck by lightning, of course.

"I'll say." She commented, agreeing with Adym's statement about the rain that was rather quickly picking up some speed til it was a torrent. Thankfully, by that point, they'd managed to get under that relatively thick tree tops.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 05:53:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Once there were under the protection of the canopy above, Adym paused, closed his eyes, and concentrated.

He looked calm, but suddenly looked... disturbed... for a moment. Like he was having... difficulties?

He opened his eyes and looked at her.

"...I'm having trouble communicating with the forest." he admitted. "It's almost like... hm... how to put this..." he then mumbled, before snapping his fingers. "Like trying to talk to someone over the phone, but it's static-y." he said, using a simile she would understand very quickly.

"However, I DID get a somewhat general idea as to the direction we should go." he then assured her.

"This way." he said, walking further in, but then stopping and placing a hand on a nearby large rock, causing a pair of large blue bio-luminescent mushrooms to grow.

"We'll need light." he reasoned, picking the fungi.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 06:01:37 )

Callie was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Light is something that I think would be a good idea.to have, most certainly." She agreed.

"Especially... since it's getting to be... " She paused, looking around, and up.

"... Should it be this dark?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 06:25:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Adym was silent at first.

"No." he said, approaching her. "It shouldn't be." he told her, handing her one of the large mushrooms.

"This is abnormally dark for this forest." he confirmed. "Meaning something is SERIOUSLY wrong in here." he continued, shaking his head slightly and looking at their surroundings.

"...but we can't let that stop us." he said.

"We need to keep pushing forward." he reasoned, as the thunder got louder, and they started to hear rain outside the forest.

"...and quickly. We don't want to get drenched when the rain eventually trickles down to the floor here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 06:50:58 )

"It's a torrential downpour, I'm amazed we aren't already soaked, if I'm being honest." Callie commented, looking up to the canopy above them, just in time to see a bright flash above.

"Anyway, please, direct us." She added with a smile.

"Also, you said you can't properly connect with the forest, or contact it." She said as they started to walk.

"Do you have any idea as to why that might be?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Surely there isn't anything that would easily be an interference, is there?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 07:12:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was silent as they made their way through the forest.

"I... hm." he mumbled.

"I can think of... one thing." he told her.

"There's a shrine by my village. It's the heart of this forest." he said. "The source of all the livelihood and strength and vitality for this area." he continued.

"...if... if the shrine were... corrupted..." he then went on, coming to a realisation.

"The shrine is corrupted."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 07:20:46 )

"You think that might be why you were told that you needed to return home?" Callie asked as she carefully stepped to avoid tripping over some roots.

"It would make sense, I think." She added.

"Being what you are... and being a shrine based in nature."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.