Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 07:39:58 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"That... that might exactly be it." Adym responded.

"I need to get to my village, to get to the shrine, to help heal it!" he exclaimed, before an immensely loud crack of thunder startled him.

"Yikes!" he yelled.

That was when they felt some drips of water... and heard a howl in the distance.

"...crap." he grumbled, before pausing and looking around.

"Wait." he said.

"I think we're close to the cabin!" he told Callie.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 07:48:48 )

Callie looked up to the canopy and sighed lightly.

"Seems it's finally making its way through." She added as a large drop hit her face.

"And close to the cabin?" She asked, looking to him.

"That'd be fantastic." She added with a light chuckle as she used her sleeve to wipe the water droplet from her face. AS she did so though, she felt a tingle where it travelled.

".... hey... what are the trees above us..?" She asked, looking at the sleeve that she'd used.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 08:03:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Adym muttered. "Above?" he asked.

"They should be Vitlae trees." he told her.

Vitlae trees were known for being used in general wellness salves. While they didn't have any healing properties or restorative uses, water that collected on their leaves, and was then collected had an energising effect on whomever used it, whether it was internal or external.

It was sort of a way to get a natural burst of energy if taken internally, or it made the skin feel younger for a brief period if used externally.

But that wasn't what she was feeling now.

Was it?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 08:09:17 )

Callie was completely silent before sighing.

"Then... I have more proof of that corruption you mentioned." She said simply before sighing.

"Becuse where it was, and my hand in my sleeve where the water soeaked through, is really starting to feel extremely numb." She todl him honestly.

"So that ..... well, that's fun."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 08:25:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym froze for a moment.

"...we have to pick up the pace." he said.

"The corruption must have perverted the trees to change what they do." he told her, as he quickened his walking.

"If we don't get into that cabin soon, our entire bodies are going to be numb." he went on.

"And that may very well effectively... paralyse us." he growled.

"Which will make us easy prey for any predators that happen by."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 11:37:27 )

".... Well, that's fun." Callie muttered with a sigh as she caught up to him.

"At least it's not coming through too solidly, yet." She added, looking around.

"But let's just get our asses to shelter." Was the last thing she said before they both really focused on trying to get to safety, to the cabin that Adym said was there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 21:34:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As they sped up, the howls got a little louder, and the water dripping down started to increase. So much so, that the both of them were starting to really feel it at the base of their necks, where they were the most exposed to it.

However, a cabin soon seemed to just... come into existence in their line of sight, and Adym nodded as best he could.

"Come on!" he told her.

The two of them then started to actually RUN towards it, and just when it seemed like they were about to get drenched, they managed to get to the door, with Adym forcefully pushing the door in to open it... so much so, he fell onto his front from the effort.

"...ow." he mumbled.

"I'm fine." he assured Callie.

"Just get in, quick!" he insisted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 22:54:23 )

Callie was quick to get inside, before helping Adym to his feet and closing the door.

"well, at least we got in here before we were completely soaked." She commented.

"Wonder how long this rain will last..." She wondered as she made her way to a window (that was thankfully closeD) and looked out, watching the torrent of water that was coming from the skies, and the trees above.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 23:29:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I have no idea." Adym admitted.

He then sighed and looked out another window.

"At least this rain should keep away any predators." he then said.

"If we had been trapped outside, they would have come for us when the rain ended." he told her. "But we didn't, and they won't venture out in this downpour." he reasoned.

"So we SHOULD be safe." he continued.

"SHOULD be." he stressed.

"How are you feeling, Callie?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 23:31:49 )

Callie was silent for a moment before looking over to him.

"I'm all right." She answered.

"A bit numb in places, but I'm sure we're in the sameboat as that." She added.

"I do wonder how long we will be stuck here though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 23:43:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We are." Adym confirmed.

"I am... having some difficulties moving." he said.

"So that's great." he muttered.

"And I have NO idea." he admitted. "The storm rolled in faster than expected, and the rain is FAR heavier than anything I've ever seen before." he said further, looking around and sighing.

He then made his way to one of the tables, and other places, looking around.

"We can't count on these mushrooms for light forever." he commented.

"We need to get a more permanent source of light in this place. There should be some candles around. If not, I'll have more of these mushrooms grow in various places around here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 23:50:09 )

"You and me both, Adym." Callie commented, in regards to his comment about moving.

"I'll check that room there." She added, motioning to a door on the far side on the room.

"Might as well start there." She added before heading off, not sure if she could find anything in there. Adym checked a few places as well, before they met up a few minutes later.

"I found a couple of small candles, but I don't know how much light they'll grant."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 00:07:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Adym mumbled.

"Luckily we have matches." he said.

"Whether or not they'll throw much light depends on the wax they're made of, the oil used... depending on the kind of candle it is... and whether or not it's been enchanted." he continued.

"If they're enchanted, then we should each have a light source that's MORE than enough for each of us." he chuckled.

"If they're not, we'll need to either search for more candles, or I'll need to make more mushrooms." he sighed.

"Regardless... we'll light them up and then consider eating." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 00:11:02 )

"I meant that they're small, so unless enchanted, likely not much burning time left." Callie commented as she set the candles she found onto a table in the room.

"Because... well, they only burn so long, after all." She added as she shook her hands.

"How far from your home are we, do you think?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 00:32:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just sighed and dug out the matches, using them to light the candles... which threw not a LOT of light, but a surprisingly adequate amount.

"Huh." he said.

"Should work as personal torches for us, anyway." he reasoned.

"And how far? We're... well, we're close." he said.

"Probably another... hour or two of trekking." he guessed.

"Maybe longer or shorter, depending on conditions." he went on, as they heard another crash of thunder.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 00:34:57 )

"We've travelled farther than I expected then, I admit." Callie commented.

"Oh? What do you mean?" Adym asked, his voice curious.

"I expected it to be a case of about half a day in the forest. I swear it hasn't been that long in here so far." She answered with a light laugh.

"Goes to show how unfamiliar with this continent I am."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 00:53:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym shook his head.

"It might take that long." he said.

"The forest has a way of... making travelers lost." he told her. "It's essentially a living maze, but it shifts subtly." he went on. "And it can 'sense' if someone means harm to it, or to the elves here." he continued.

"Now, because we mean no harm, and even aim to HELP, it should be smooth sailing." he reasoned.

"...but it's corrupted. It could actively try and steer us AWAY from my village and shrine." he then told her.

"So, it could be anywhere between an hour, to a half a day, to a FULL day, to... who ever knows." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 00:59:18 )

Callie just sighed.

"Well, we'll have to see what happens." Was all she said.

"That's really all we can do." She added with a light sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 01:24:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Sadly." Adym replied, before taking some food out of one of their packs.

"Let's eat." he suggested.

"And then go and lie down, try and wait out this storm, and this numbness." he went on.

"It's all we CAN do for now." he lamented.

He was then silent, before she saw his ears twitch a little.

"...hm." he mumbled.

"Odds are there's some small animals in the attic." he told her.

"Probably nothing to worry about, though. Probably seeking shelter from the rain."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 01:29:29 )

"Most likely." Callie agreed.

"I didn't even know this had an attic, admitedly." She added with a chuckle before sighing.

"Anyway, II'm going to check this place out in its entirety." She added. "I'll see you in a few. I just ... want to check everything over, or whatever."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.