Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 23:56:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she stepped through the portal, and into the 'tunnel', Vyran just chuckled darkly.

"Yes." he said. "After SO long, a major piece of the puzzle is definitely mine." he commented. "I've waited SO long for this, my dear... and it's time you finally fulfilled your destiny." he told her further.

However, at that moment, he heard footsteps rapidly approaching him, and when he turned around, he saw Kai rushing towards him.

"What!?" he exclaimed, before he was tackled by Callie's friend, sending them both flying into the portal as it closed behind them... and also sending them both careening into Callie, knocking her aside.

"Her destiny is to stop YOU!" Kai declared.

"Who the hell do you think-!?" Vyran started to exclaim, before he looked into Kai's eyes, and froze.

"....you are..." he mumbled, trailing off some, before Kai interrupted.

"So tunnel-visioned on one thing, you completely ignore another." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 00:06:55 )

Callie was knocked to the side, hard. She hit the 'wall' of the rift hard enough to make it quiver.

"Ow!" She exclaimed before looking over to the other two, who would tousling off to the side, with Vyran on top.

Now that she had some clarity again, even if it didn't feel completely solid, she reached out and did the same thing she did before - threw a spear of ice at Vyran, hoping to get him off of her best friend.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 01:11:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

This time, Vyran had been distracted, but their tussling and tumbling had made it hard for her aim. She did hit Vyran, but it only managed to pierce his shoulder, causing him to cry out in pain.

As he did so, Kai kicked away from him, and they saw the disguise of the serve slowly start to melt away, revealing a younger-looking male with lavender eyes and light brown hair... with a patch just below his ear that matched his eyes.

"Curse you!" he exclaimed, tearing the spear out of his shoulder, as Kai slapped a hand onto the 'wall' of the tunnel, causing a branching path to form.

"CALLIE! GO!" Kai exclaimed. He didn't know WHERE, exactly, that would go, but it would be away from Vyran.

Vyran responded by diving for Callie and grabbed her ankle, his eyes pulsing again... but Kai responded with a solid punch to where the spear-wound was... which was enough to get him to let go abruptly.

"GO!" Kai yelled again, grabbing Vyran and yanking them both away from Callie.

"Before that path closes!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 01:19:54 )

The contact with Vyran again had caused Callie to freeze, for longer than one may have expected, or wanted. It resulted in Kai just grabbing her upper arm and pulling her to her feet.

"Callie, get out of here." He said, his voice serious. When he saw that she wasn't entirely catching up due to whatever the hell it was that Vyran had done.

As a result, he just sighed before shoving her through the split, just before it closed, locking him with Vyran.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 01:44:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You meddlesome piece of trash!" Vyran exclaimed, before smirking.

"Well, if I can't have the princess... YOU'LL make a fine consolation prize." he then commented.

"Assuming you get me." Kai responded.

Meanwhile, Callie stumbled through the tunnel she was in, until i started to seem like it was getting... unstable. It started to shake and quiver, causing her to tumble about... before it all went black.

When she awoke, she found herself in a bed. She looked around and saw a room she didn't recognise, but at least things appeared to be quiet around her. Although she looked like she had gone back into the past, with the almost-13th century England decor.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 01:50:46 )

Callie wasn't sure what to make of what she could, and certainly had no idea where she was. This wasn't home for her, at least she .... didn't think it was.

"What the hell happened...?" She wondered, bringing a hand to her head as she sat up.

"What ... am I supposed to make of this?" She wondered as she got to her feet and made ehr way to the door, hoping it wouldn't be locked... but honestly not knowing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 02:18:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The door was not locked, thankfully. And when she opened it, she found herself in a modest little home... that had a LOT of plants in it. Some she recognised, most she did not. But one thing was for sure, whomever lived here LOVED to garden. Or maybe they just loved nature. The entire place had an earthen and green ambiance to it.

But some of the gorgeous bright and vibrant flowers REALLY popped, adding life to the place.

However, before she could truly take in any details, a soft male voice spoke to her.

"Good morning." it said.

When she whirled in the direction of where it came from, she discovered it had originated from a young male that looked about her age. He had slightly tanned skin, and his hair was a darker brown... with a green streak down his right side that matched his green eyes.

However, what truly stood out to her... were his long pointed ears. If she didn't know any better, she say they were... elven.

"Are you feeling all right?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 02:37:33 )

Callie was completely silent for a few seconds before just sighing.

".... Vyrna." Callie greeted, in Elven - which may have caught him by surprise - as she gave him a half cordial bow.

"I'm all right, just confused." She added as she looked around again after straightening up.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 03:01:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The young man was clearly surprised by her speaking his language, but bowed in response.

"Vyrna." he responded.

"I admit, I didn't expect you to greet me in my native language." he admitted.

"But... confused? I would imagine so." he then said.

"Maybe I can help." he offered.

"Would you care to sit down outside, in my backyard?" he asked.

"And are you perhaps hungry and/or thirsty?" he asked her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 03:05:12 )

"I could eat, especially if you have any Triae." Callie answered.

"Haven't had for awhile, so it's a nice treat." She added before sighing lightly.

"And I don't know if you can. Can you explain how I got here?" She asked.

"I haven't been back to Adaminia for a few years... and last I recall I wasn't planning to come back..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 03:32:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was silent for another moment, upon hearing that.

"I..." he stammered.

"I MIGHT..." he said, thinking about it.

"Usually those like my can't have that, but... well, I mean... I can actually MAKE it." he chuckled. "I think I have some left from the previous batch I made." he told her further.

"Also, I'm not sure how you're back here. Or that you've been here before. Or left." he continued.

".....though you DO look familiar..." he then admitted.

"Regardless, if you want to sit outside at the picnic table, I can bring some food and drink out, and you can get some fresh air and try and clear your head." he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 03:40:21 )

Callie was silent before sighing lightly.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked.

"I'm more confursed than anything." She continued, "so if I can he useful, that'd be absolutely lovely."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 04:02:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He thought for a moment, before snapping his fingers.

"Ah!" he exclaimed.

"Actually, there IS!" he told her. "Two things, actually. And they both conveniently require being in the backyard." he chuckled.

He then grabbed a large wooden cup and filled it with a light blue liquid, as well as grabbing a cloth sack. He brought them both towards her and handed them to her.

"The liquid is for the tree with the red and blue flowers on it. Would you mind pouring this around the roots?" he asked.

"The the bag is feed for the animals that tend to gather there. Sprinkle it about here and there so they can eat?' he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 04:14:35 )

Callie nodded.

"Yeah, of course." She said simply, accepting the items.

"Good luck with preparing all that." She said simply before heading out to do what it was that she was requested. She didn't know what exactly she was to expect, but she knew that her being there could either be more safe, or more dangerous.

All she could do was just go on.

So she made her way outside and did as she was asked to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 04:41:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The tree she was asked to water was certainly a large one, probably big enough for 2 tree-houses, and she had to admit that the ruby and sapphire-hued blooms that adorned the mint-green plumage were certainly gorgeous. She couldn't recall seeing anything quite like it.

However, she then noticed that suddenly, while she had been distracted with her looking, she was no longer alone.

And she was surrounded.

But... it was by small furry woodland creatures of various kinds, as well as several species of birds. Notably, she saw what looked like squirrels, but with two tails each, raccoons that were more weasel-shaped a lot of mouse-like creatures with near-comically large ears.

And all but the birds were sniffing at the sack she was holding.

It was clear that these creatures were NOT scared of strangers... which probably meant that most of them lived in the large tree there, or in the surrounding area.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 04:50:45 )

Callie was sitting at the picnic table out there, just thinking. After she'd finished doing what she was tasked with, she was just trying to figure things out.

How she got there, for example.

She wasn't supposed to be there, not for a few more years. All she knew was that she was there, and she had no idea waht had happened to cause it.

It was taking all she had to not possibly lose her shit over it all. What she needed to find out why she was there, how, and figure out what it was that was going to happen next, as well.

Very possibly make her way back to the world she knew was safer, too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 05:15:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After about 5 minutes of stewing in her own thoughts, and potentially panicking, she saw the young man come out the door with a tray in his hands. On the tray, she saw a plate of sandwiches, a pair of cups, a pitcher with what looked to be lemonade in it... and another plate with a stack of... what looked like date squares, but the filling was a vibrant red.

But she knew what that was.

That was Triae. And she could practically already TASTE It when she saw it.

He carried the tray over, the animals all getting out of his way, and set it down atop the table.

"All right." he said.

"Feel free to grab whatever you want." he told her, giving her a cup and pouring the liquid into it, and then doing so for himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 05:23:47 )

"lovely, thank you so much." Callie said with gratitude to her voice as she took one of the squares.

"It's been years since I last had some." She added before taking a bite.

"Oh fuck this is good." She trhen said. "Better than I can make." She paused a moment, finished her bite and chuckled.

"I suppose it's because of your stance in this world."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 05:44:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah?" the male stammered, her statement catching him off guard for a moment.

"My... stance in this world?" he asked her.

"What... what do you mean by that?" he asked further.

He was now wondering who this person was... and why she seemed familiar. Was she someone to be wary of? Was she dangerous? Was she sent here specifically to GET him? What was it?

However, he then also looked at her eyes... and then her hair... and things started to piece together in his mind.

'Wait...' he thought.

'Is... is she...?'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 05:48:58 )

Callie didn't say anything before just motioning toward his head, his hair and eyes.

"I'm Callie." She said simply.

"Any chance I ccan get your name?" She asked after a moment or two.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.