Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 22:17:24 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym shook his head.

"The guardian normally doesn't have venom." he told her.

"Doesn't need it. It's so... monstrously large, that it just overwhelms with brute force." he continued. "The venom comes from the sentinels, sentries... the army of smaller spiders under its command." he explained.

"However, with this corruption? I don't know." he then admitted, as the webbing around them started to get more and more prevalent.

He then looked back at her and gave her a silent 'shush' with his finger... as they both heard monstrous breaths being taken.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 22:23:52 )

Callie nodded when he shushed her, not wanting to draw unwanted attention to them.

She was surprised that it wouldn't have a venom of some sort, but she wasn't really going to complain for the moment.It was something she was sure would be a bit of a saving grace in the future.

However, the sentinels and their ability to swarm was really not something like liked.

As Adym was listening (and she was trying to avoid concentrating on that, as it was rather disconcerting to hear the breaths from something that had to be so large), Callie looked around, wondering what it was that she could see. Teh light was a bit fainter there, but it was still light enough to be able to see things clearly enough, at least.

The moss that was pretty much everywhere glowed with a rather alluring bioluminescence, but at the same time, itw as almost terrifying. She could feel it pulling at her, beckoning her to actually scoop some up or something. Whether that was standard or not she didn't know, but it was a thing now and she didn't want to deal with that, personally.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 22:50:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym's ears twitched a little, and he reached back, tugging at her shirt sleeve. He motioned for her to follow, and the two of them very slowly crept forward, until they were at an arched door that led to a VERY large room.

In the room, she saw... a lot of nothing. There were some webs everywhere, of course, and the moss was about, but there wasn't a lot there, aside from more stone pillars.

…and the abundance of bones and skeletons strewn about.

Adym then pointed upwards, and in the darkness that was above them... she saw a large furry body... pulsing with each breath they heard.

No mistake... that was the guardian.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 23:32:36 )

Callie was silent for a moment as she looked to the giant figure up above them.

".... that is horrifying." she whispered, it was barely audible.

"Because... wow." was all she could honestly say. She was too stunned, to be honest.

She had no idea what they could hope to do, but her best idea was to create a spear of ice below it .. and maybe it could call atop it. She knew spiders overall had exoskeletons, and as a result were rather delicate, but didn't know anything too specific aboiut this one.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 01:25:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....it can be." Adym replied.

"By the way, it knows we're here." he then said, as the colossal arachnid made its way to the opposite wall as them, climbed down, and faced them, towering above them like a monster.

"....hello, old friend." Adym commented.

"You're hurting, aren't you?" he asked.

The creature let out a sickening screech-like sound in response, with a primal guttural utterance in its undertone.

"Callie..." Adym said quietly.

"I think... it's too late for the guardian." he told her, knowing she would know where he was going with this.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 01:58:10 )

Callie was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"I was afraid of that." She admitted.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it's miserable." She continued, making sure that she was ready for the inevitable fight that was going to come.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 02:23:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she said that, they noticed that swarms of smaller spiders were coming out from everywhere, and Adym just sighed.

"It probably is." he said.

"I don't even know if there's anything left of it inside that body now." he admitted, before looking at the guardian... small tears trickling down his cheeks.

"....forgive me, guardian." he whispered.

"Forgive me, Prefect... everyone in the village..." he went on.

"But as the Crux of Nature... I have my duty." he finished, before launching an arrow towards the ceiling, causing some of the stone to fall and collapse onto some of the approaching spiders, killing about 10 of them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 02:32:16 )

Callie didn't say anything, knowing that there was no use trying to console him for the moment. As a reselt, she just stomped her foot lightly, causing a burst of ice to spread out from her, chilling the air to the point of freezing several of the smaller spiders. She knew it wouldn't do any good to the big one, the guardian, but at least she knew that the small ones shouldn't be as big a threat at the moment.

".... I can try to keep them from swarming, but I really can't make any promises." She added after a moment or two.

"I really can only do so much, I think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 02:59:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, as the air chilled, the smaller spiders seemed to slow down immensely... to the point that many of them just stopped altogether.

"It's fine." Adym responded.

"They... they all must go." he said.

"They'll die when the guardian does, anyway." he then informed her.

The guardian then lifted one of its large legs, and slammed it into the wall, causing a large section of it to come falling towards Adym and Callie.

"CRAP! LOOK OUT!" Adym shouted, tackling her out of the way, as the debris barely missed them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 03:05:53 )

They hit the floor hard, but it wasn't too bad, thankfully. She didn't now what it was that she could do entirely,m but as it stood, they had to do something.

So, she did the first thing she thought of as they got to their feet.

She caused a spear of ice to come up below the guardian, quickly.

However, it stopped halfway up, as she felt an odd disconnection within her own head for a fraction of a second. It was only a fraction, but she still felt it, and it was long enough.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 03:27:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym noticed this, and the sudden stop of the spear allowed the guardian to use of its massive legs and destroy the conjured weapon.

It then lifted another leg and sent it right towards the two of them in a piercing motion, and Adym pushed Callie away, sending them both in opposite directions, as the leg smashed into the ground between them.

"Callie!" he exclaimed.

"Are you all right!?" he asked.

"What happened!?" he asked her, looking at the guardian's leg, causing the gears in his head to start turning.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 03:34:54 )

Callie was silent before shaking her head, getting to her feet again.

"I have no idea!" she called back, but there was something to her voice, was that.... fear? There was no way it could be, but there was something, and he could tell that it was something unusual, not the standard.

"What the fuck HAPPENED?" She asked herself as she looked to her hands before trying again, another spear.

This time, it didn't stop part way, and it did, in fact, reach the guardian. However, it pierced one leg, removing it.

Sadly, she knew that wasn't going to be much of an issue.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 03:59:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't know!" Adym replied, as the guardian let out another loud screech, and one of the smaller spiders leapt towards Callie.

The elf took aim at the spider, and let loose with an arrow, connecting and sending it flying back, pinning it to the wall, as the arrow embedded itself in one of the cracks there.

He then sighed, and looked at her.

"If I can get close to its head, I should be able to kill it." he told her.

"Well... maybe." he mumbled.

"The best way to do it would be to crush its head, or hit a vital spot on its head." he continued.

"Otherwise, it's minimal damage."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 04:03:01 )

Callie paused. She hadn't expected him to hear that bit, but made her way over to him, regardless.

"I can give you some icy platforms?" she suggested.

"At the very least, if that would help at all...."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 04:23:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm." Adym mumbled.

"That could be useful, yes." he said, as more spiders started to swarm towards them.

"If you can do that while dealing with these swarms, anyway." he mumbled.

"If you get bit by one, it WON'T be good." he warned her.

Before she could say anything, the guardian launched another attack with one of its legs, and they jumped out of the way, barely dodging the attack.

She had to admit, the thing was a LOT quicker than its size made it seem.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 04:46:46 )

"SHIT!" Callie exclaimed as her and Adym dodged the incoming attack. As spiders swarmed, again, Callie sent one hell of a wave of cold out again, freezing and probably killing plenty.

"We don't have time for this!" She growled before there was a bit of a platform beneath him.

"Watch out Adym!" She called to him as he felt himself rising.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 05:09:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"W-woah!" Adym exclaimed, as he felt himself leave the ground, the platform rising up with him on it. He struggled to maintain his balance, but managed to get to his feet.

"...." he was silent and looked around, seeing he had a hell of a good vantage point now.

"Holy cow..." he mumbled.

'Her ice manipulation is... amazing.' he thought, before shaking his head and concentrating.

"I'm good!" he called to her.

"Got my balance!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 05:12:50 )

"Good! You call and you're not going to survive, I'm sure!" Callie called to him as a warning as he continued to rise.

The guardian didn't like that, and swept its legs out to smash the pillars that the platform was on, only for it to find itself frozen, attached to it, upon contact.

Adym had a chance to take care of the corrupted guardian, while Callie was keeping him up, the guardian frozen, and trying to keep the small ones at bay.

However, they were getting a bit too close for comfort.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 05:33:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym noticed this, and growled slightly.

It was now, or never.

He got his balance again, and leaped from the platform, flying towards the guardian's head. As he did, he notched his bow, and fired an arrow. And another. And another. He launched a barrage of them at the guardian's head, but its thrashing caused difficulties aiming.

However, of the 8 arrows he fired, 5 hit one of the guardian's eyes, and the rest hit between the eyes, causing it to recoil and scream out once more, its bellow causing the area to practically vibrate.

This caused the smaller spiders to stop and look back at the larger spider, as though checking to see if it was okay.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/19 05:51:17 )

When the smaller ones looked back to where the guardian was, they saw it freeze, obviously in pain. As some blood started to fall, they seemed to notice Adym falling as well, at tabout the same time that Callie noticed it.

"ADYM!" Callie cried before having some ice come up to break his fall a bit.

He broke through a couple of thinner platforms to slow his fall before, again, there was a bit of a disconnect within her. This one lasted a bit longer, and before she was able to get her head back together again, Adym hit the floor. If anything, that collision of him and the floor was what snapped her back to the present.

She cursed in the language of her icy home before getting to her feet and hurrying over to where he had landed, blasting spiders away from her with a cold win.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.