Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 01:03:50 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds, her knock was answered by a male elf with long black hair.

"Enter." they said.

When she did, he sighed and gestured to a large wooden table.

"Set him down." he told her.

"I will tend to him." he said further, before making his way to a shelf and gathering a few things.

"...and you are not looking so well, yourself." he then commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 01:09:50 )

"I will be fine. All I will need is somewhere to sleep." Callie stated, slipping into a more formal speech than normal. It was a natural reaction from her, and she wasn't entirely sure why. Probably her fathers raising of her.

"Please, ensure Adymir's recovery." She added as she laid him down where she had been directed.

"I fear that it has been too long." She added, and he could hear the sincerity, the honest fear for that, in her voice.

"If there is any way at all I can help, please just direct me."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 01:34:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." he was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"I have all I need here." he assured her.

"You tend to your own needs." he told her.

"There is a rest hut just down from here. Green roof." he went on, before giving her a small thin green crystal.

"Take this to them. It will let them know you're there under my orders, and they will set you up so that you are comfortable." he told her further, before turning his attention to Adymir.

"Looks like it's time to make sure the runaway is treated." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 01:38:48 )

Callie paused a moment after accepting the crystal. She caught the 'runaway' comment, but wasn't sure it was a good point to bring it up.

"All right, thank you." She said simply.

"If you need me at any point, please, let me know." was the last thing she said before bidding him farewell.

Once outside she paused. Yeah, she did need to recharge, but ... considering the death of the guardian, she felt she had something a bit more pressing to do.

she had to talk to the one in charge there. So, she went to where she was told to, made sure she was cleared to be able to enter and exit at will, before asking where it was that she could find the one in charge. She figured maybe they would know? There was no way for her to know for certain, but it was the best idea she could come up with for the moment. If they didn't, maybe they could just point her in the right direction to someone who would know.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 01:52:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she stepped out and looked around, she stopped a younger elf that looked to be about her age... if not a few years younger.

"Excuse me." she said. "Can you tell me where the Prefect can be found?" she asked.

The elf was silent for a moment, before gesturing to a building that had a bit more... flair... to it. But even then, it merely looked like the plants that surrounded it looked FAR more... exotic... than anywhere else.

She thanked the elf and started to walk towards the building, just as she saw a cloaked person leave it... with their hood up, concealing their head and face. They looked around slightly, before starting to walk in her general direction.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 02:02:57 )

Callie didn't pay the figure any mind, but she was on edge. She had her hand on her the hilt of the dagger that Adym had given her as she neared. Sure, she realised that there was a very good chance that this wasn't going to be a danger or a risk to her, but for all she knew that there was a chance.

Considering the hidden features really didn't help, either. For all she knew, they'd just killed the prefect

As they neared each other though, she paused, her steps faltering.

she'd caught a brief sight of something pink.

It can't be... she thought as she just watched the figure approach.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 02:24:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The figure seemed to notice her... and then got panicked, seemingly.

They looked around quickly, before speeding up and walking past her... though they widened the distance between the two of them. They weren't running, but it was clear they were in a hurry.

However, before she could say anything or call out to them, she noticed an elf step out from the Prefect's hut.

They were tall... over 6 feet... and they had long flowing blonde hair. They wore clothing that, while not royalty, made it clear that they were of VERY high status in elven society. But there was still a certain down-to-earth look to them.

They also had a staff with a green stone embedded into the head of it.

It was clear that THIS was the Prefect.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 02:39:45 )

Callie didn't even notice the elf that had stepped outside. She was too caught up in who had just sped past her.

"....." She didn't say anything, watched his figure fade into the distance as he took off. It took her a couple of minutes before she was able to shake her head and return to what she was meaning to do.

"Right... don't obsess over seeing him. Just take solace in the fact that he's alive." She said quietly before turning back to where he'd come from, where she was going. When she did, she saw the elf with the staff and paused before chuckling.

"That makes it easy." she muttered before approaching. As she neared, she took a knee, but maintaining eye contact, to show respect.

"Please, grant me some of your time. I must speak with you regarding the guardian of the shrine." She said, speaking respectfully, and in decent conversational elven. However, it wasn't perfect.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 03:08:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" the Prefect was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"Very well." they said, turning around.

"Enter." they told her, stepping inside.

Once they had done so, Callie rose to her feet and followed them inside... as she saw them brewing up some tea.

"I have the sense that there is much to discuss." they said.

"If you wish, we can speak YOUR language. I know it perfectly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 03:13:58 )

"I am quite out of date with any of the elven tongues." Callie commented. "It would be greatly appreciated if you're all right with this one.' She added before pausing.

".... And .... that tea smells amazing." she added with a soft smile.

"However, the reason I am here is due to what had happened." She then said, sighing lightly.

"I do not know the rituals or rites of rebirth for your guardian here, but I had needed to kill the corrupted." She told him honestly.

"And think the corruption is solved, but with time will clear. I ... cannot say for certain. I cannlt guarantee that the next will not be corrupted."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 03:36:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." the Prefect was silent once more, before finishing the tea and making their way towards her, giving her a cup of it. They kept one for themselves, and sat at the table in the middle of the room.

"Tell me everything." they said.

Which was what Callie proceeded to do. Exactly. She spared no details, and by the time she was done, the Prefect merely sighed.

"Harming the guardian is a grievous offense." they told her.

"...however, it was necessary. I could tell it was only a matter of time." they said further.

"They egg that the old guardian laid will need to be washed in the fountain to cleanse it of the corruption before it hatches. I'll send someone out to do so." they then explained.

"For what it's worth, I do not blame you, nor begrudge you for what you did. If anything... I thank you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 03:42:57 )

Callie was silent for a moment, shaking her head lightly before just resting it in her hands, her elbows atop the table.

"I know it was necessary, I know that if it wasn't taken care of then there would be far more trouble than I could hope to be in with this." She said.

"I ... just appreciate you not sentencing me for it." She added, her voice barely above a whisper. It wasn't hard to tell that it weighed on her. The situation may have been life or death, but it was still not something that anyone who respected the natural order would want to find themselves in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 04:51:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...if I were to sentence you for that, then I would disgrace myself as a Prefect." they responded.

"My duties are to see that the village flourishes, and also that the natural order is maintained." they told her. "I have been trying to make plans to deal with the guardian, but... suffice to say, it was tricky business, to understate it." they went on.

"The natural order was already off-kilter. You have set things back on track to how they should be. At great danger to yourself." they said.

"That is commendable bravery." they complimented her.

"Sadly, there will be some who do not see it this way, believing that you have meddled in affairs that you oughtn't have." they then warned her, before their eyes grew stern.

"However, MY word is what truly matters in this village." they said in a chilling tone.

"And MY word is that you have saved us all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 04:56:32 )

Callie was completely silent for a moment before sighing softly.

"I will not remain to trouble you and or the others here for long." She told him simply.

"I do not wish to stir any trouble by my presence, and while I am certain that Adymir would be more accepted, he may not due to what he is, and the nature of what we did." She continued before pausing.

"However, I refuse to leave before he is well enough to travel again." she added, her voice blunt, almost with an authoritative air. She was standing her ground here, and he could see that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 05:31:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I won't stand in your way." the Prefect responded.

They then looked and saw the crystal she had, and sighed.

"...and I can tell you're here before our medic's orders." they commented.

"I shan't keep you from resting any longer." they said. "However, if would be wise of you to get YOURSELF looked at after your rest." they then suggested, as they finished their tea, though Callie hadn't taken very many drinks of her own.

"The tea will help you have restful dreams." they told her, before raising their eyebrow and looking at what she had.

"...or it WOULD have, had THAT not happened." they muttered in a bit of an unimpressed tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 05:37:48 )

Callie was silent before looking down at the mug. She just stared at it for a few seconds, longer than she should have before shaking her head.

"I ... have no idea why that happened." She admitted after a moment or two.

"I'm so sorry. That should melt and thaw easily." She added, hoping she wasn't wrong on that. As she went to lift it though, to try and withdraw the cold, she found it.. difficult.

It was frozen to the table.

And the ice was spreading out across the tabletop. Not super quickly, but it was quick enough. She reached out to stop it before pausing as her hand laid upon it. Again, for longer than one would expect, or think it should be.

Her eyes and hair streak seemed to get a bit more desaturated for a moment as some ice started to spread over her hand, as well.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 06:09:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The Prefect watched this happen, before their brow furrowed.

They grabbed a small red crystal that was off to the side, and threw it down in front of her, the crystal cracking open and emanating heat. It wasn't anything TOO hot, but it was enough to melt the ice that was spreading out and about.

"Please do refrain from freezing my table." they told her.

However, they were a bit concerned about this.

They were sure this wasn't something that should normally happen... even if she were exhausted, mentally and/or physically.

'That is... concerning...' they thought.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 06:15:19 )

Callie was silent for a few seconds, closer to thirty, before shaking her head, bringing her hand back and just looking at it.

".... My apologies, I must be more tired than I thought." She said after a moment or two before getting to her feet, still seeming a bit off.

"I feel I should bid thee farewell." She continued, seeming to slip more into what could be argued as a more disconnected manner of speech. Considering he'd just sat and spent the last bit talking with her, it wasn't hard to tell this wasn't how she normally spoke.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 06:34:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......indeed." the Prefect responded after a moment.

"You do that. Get some rest." they told her.

"And see the medic after your rest." they went on.

They then made a mental note to have the ones stationed at the rest house keep an eye on her. They weren't sure if this would turn into a major problem or not.

The last thing they wanted was for her ice to have a mind of its own while she slept.

"And rest assured, Adymir will be cared for." they added at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 06:56:43 )

Callie was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Thank you." she said, in full elven.

"For ensuring he will be cared for, and for granting me your time." She added.

"Anyhow, I must but you farewell." With that, she headed off, not delaying any long. She hoped that some sleep might help, but she wasn't sure.

She didn't feel... right. All she knew was that she felt off, and it wasn't pleasant. Maybe some rest was all it would take though.... hopefully.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.