Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 05:11:32 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Perhaps there is still a little power left in the shrine." Adym suggested.

"Perhaps a fraction of the guardian's true influence remains." he said further.

"There is only one way to find out." he went on, before he led her to the side of the shrine, where she saw a large stone slab laying in the overgrown grass.

"The entrance is underneath this stone." he told her, before pausing.

"But before we go in... perhaps we should ready ourselves." he then suggested.

"Make sure the weapons we took from town are at hand." he clarified, taking his backpack off and fishing through it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 05:14:45 )

Callie just sighed as she did the same, checking the sack she had on her as well.

"I wonder what we're going to find in there." She commented.

"Do you happen to know the layout or anything? As in, where are we going?" She asked.

"A labyrinth? A room? etc."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 05:34:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Both." Adym responded.

"The guardian's lair is a large room." he told her. "But there's a small labyrinth beforehand." he warned her further.

"It's to stop intruders." he said.

"However, if one knows where to go, then it's deceptively simple." he then assured her, taking out his bow and quiver of arrows, as well as a small dagger to put into his belt.

"Warning, it can be... overgrown in there." he then said.

"And there's probably a LOT of poisonous moss on the walls."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 05:40:00 )

"Being what you are - and I mean both wood elf AND nature - you're probably damned near immune to plant based toxins like that." Callie commented.

"I, on the other hand, may not be feeling the best after this foray into the underground." She added with a light chuckle.

"Any warnings I should have before we dive in?" She asked as she made sure that the dagger he'd given her for this was within easy reach.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 05:54:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm..." Adym mumbled.

"Yes." he said.

"Watch out for the teal moss." he told her, as he got ready to shift the slab.

"I'm serious. Watch out for it." he repeated. "It is extremely toxic. It will knock you out as SOON as you touch it." he warned her further.

"Beyond that, just try not to touch anything that isn't a dark green." he continued.

"If it's dark green, chances are it's safe." he said further.

"And yes, that's coincidental."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 05:57:57 )

Callie nodded.

"Teals super bad, and anything not dark is probably not nice." She repeated for confirmation, but truncated it down.

"I can definitely remember that." She added.

"Or at least I should be able to." She paused a moment before sighing lightly.

"Well, shall we make our way into the lair of the beast?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 06:24:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's about it." Adym confirmed.

He then used his strength, as well as some conjured roots, to shift the slab so that it was open, revealing a stairwell that led deep underground.

"Oh, one more thing." he said.

"There should be plenty of light down there from all the poisonous moss." he informed her. "They're bioluminescent. So they'll give off enough light to see." he continued.

"Just... don't touch." he muttered.

"And be careful, it's probably slippery down there. Our steps will need to be slow and calculated at times."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 06:33:46 )

Callie didn't say anything before nodding.

After he took the lead, she followed. Her steps were a bit hesitant, unsure, but she knew that she needed to do what it was that they were doing.

Someone had to, and they were there. Plus this corruption was likely due to Vyran.

So she knew that they had to do it. She wasn't sure anyone else would.

She was wary of her steps though, especially since he'd warner her with possible slipperyness.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 06:54:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she looked around, the saw that their surroundings were indeed illuminated from the moss... and there was a soft blue light all around them. It was almost serene, in an odd way.

There was moss on the floor as well, which was what made it all so slippery, but because of their shoes, they were safe from the poison.

She DID notice that her footing was unstable, though.

She also noticed that the corners of the walls and ceiling had... webs.

A LOT of webs. Old cobwebs, and fresher webs as well.

"Careful." Adym whispered.

"We don't want to alert any of the sentries down here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 07:00:22 )

Callie was silent before biting her bottom lip slightly.

"Well... thank heavens I'm not arachnophobic." She commented after a moment or two.

"But lead the way. I'll do what I can to avoid trouble myself." She added, making sure that she didn't have a lot of volume in case any of the 'sentries' he mentioned were particularly aware of audio.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 07:20:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

They continued to walk, before Adym stopped suddenly, and threw his arm out to the side, signalling Callie to stop.

When she did, she saw his ears twitching... and after a few seconds, she heard it.

Skittering.

A LOT of skittering in the distance.

"...stay... absolutely... still." Adym whispered.

"If you stay still... they won't notice you..." he finished, as she saw very distinct 8-legged shadows at the end of the corridor they were in, and around the corner.

And they seemed... big. Odds are the creatures that were throwing the shadows had to be at least as big as her head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 07:23:33 )

Callie didn't move, she really didn't want to move. All she wanted to do was avoid having those horrendous things coming after her.

She wasn't scared of spiders, but when they were seemingly unnaturally large, it was something that she was rightfully scared of. In her opinion.

She stayed still, silent.... at first.

After a couple of seconds, she twitched and brought her hands up to her face quickly.

.... she had to sneeze.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 07:42:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym didn't seem to notice that she had to sneeze... he was too focused on what was before them.

Sure enough, some large spiders, a little smaller than their heads, started to skitter by, paying no need to the two of them.

It looked like they were on patrol... and it seemed like they were, indeed, motion-based.

Some appeared to look down towards the two of them, but then continued on.

The problem was... there seemed to be a fair number of them.

And they were certainly taking their time on their patrol.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 07:46:32 )

Callie held that sneeze back as long as she could, until it felt like her sinuses were going to explode.

Her sneeze was loud. While she didn't move much, and nor did Adym aside from jumping due to the suddenness, it was loud. Not loud enough to make the walls shake, of course, but it was loud enough that there was an echo for a few seconds.

Granted, that could have been purely because of the fact that it was a pretty echoey area, and a narrow hall at that.

she froze afterwards though, really hoping that didn't draw their attention.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 08:05:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym's eyes widened as the arachnids stopped and all seemed to look down the hallway.

'No, no, no, no, NO!' he panicked mentally.

He then paused for a moment, as they started to slowly walk towards them... and caused his energy to create some roots down the hallway that they were headed. He jarred some rocks loose from the wall and caused them to tumble.

This caused the sentries to suddenly turn their attention to the sound of THAT, and they continued on their original path... until none were left.

Adym then whirled his head around and looked at Callie with an expression of 'that was close'.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 08:07:28 )

Callie looked appropriately sheepish.

"Eh-heh... Sorry about that." She said quietly, a hand behind her head.

"I tried to hold that back as long as I could..... Apparently not long enough. Quick thinking with the decoy." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 08:25:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That was something I wasn't even sure would work." he whispered.

"But we managed it." he said.

"That would not have been good if they'd approached us." he went on. "...to understate it." he said further.

"....but we're close." he then said.

"Sentries tend to stay close to the guardian in large droves." he informed her.

"...so we're close to the guardian's chamber."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 11:41:36 )

"... good." Callie commented.

"The sooner we get out of here, the better." She commented.

"Because this place really does give me the creeps."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 21:40:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was silent, and just sighed.

"I'd love to say that this place is a lot nicer without the corruption and such... but..." he started to say before pausing and letting out a heavy breath. "...it really isn't." he admitted.

"This place is meant to keep the guardian safe from any real threats, so of course it's going to be creepy and uninviting and dangerous and all that." he reasoned.

"I mean... there IS another way directly into the guardian's chamber... but... well... it's the path the guardian takes to get topside, in case of an emergency." he informed Callie further.

"And that's just a tunnel straight down." he explained.

"...I don't think I need to go into detail about why going THAT route would be... less than optimal." he then finished, as they started to take VERY cautious and light steps forward once more.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 21:53:13 )

"Yeah... I'd rather not drop onto the cold hard ground - or onto the guardian. Something tells me that they wouldn't appreciate that, and it would hurt. So let's not add to the problems." Callie commented after a moment or two as she was careful with her steps.

"I do wonder how bad this'll go though." She admitted.

"I.... was raised and trained to deal with plenty of different situations, but this? Well, I admit, I"m going in blind."

"I'm going to guess that the guardian is a spider, or an arachanid of some sort. Is there any venoms or what-have-you that I should be wary of for the moment? As in what it would naturally be, not what it is while corrupted, because I realise you wouldn't know that information."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.