Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/4 14:52:09 )
It sounds like the Warlock side is coming in quite handy with this current campaign!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/4 14:53:08 )

Oh it really is. It's been a lot of fun to be honest. So dramatic.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/4 14:54:36 )
lol - it definitely sounds like you're having fun! I'm glad. :3

brb - need more coffee :3
edit: back. with coffee.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/4 18:31:19 )
@Wildfire: Good Morning.
It's a coffee kind of morning. I just found that my mom left behind gourmet hot cocoa containers. So I dumped some flavored cocoa in my coffee and it's -chefs kiss-. It's good. Minty cocoa with coffee, and vanilla creamer. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/4 20:39:30 )
@Koah: Oh that sounds lovely, Koah! <3
How are you today?

It has been a slow, lazy, couch-sitting kind of day for me so far... not sure why, but it is what it is, I guess...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/4 21:29:19 )
@Wildfire: I'm doing good. It's a snow day for my kiddos. So they did minimal homework, and now they're playing and minding their own business. I'm surprisingly relaxed for having my routine thrown off. :d
I'm going to blame the hottub for my good mood. My husband set it up for me last night. He turned the temp down some and put new water in it. Extra cozy.
I slept.. off and on- but slept well when I did sleep. XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:19:48 )

Newest coworker asked me what is the difference between nonfiction and fiction.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:27:29 )
@Another Movie Addict: omgod. -slowly hits head against wall-
I do hope you explained it well. but omg. I can't imagine being asked that- and not by a child.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:30:18 )

@Koah: I work at a used bookstore, and she thought all dvds were 'movies' and thus no difference.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:35:41 )

This baby matches my face right now. XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:39:05 )

I don't understand how she could get to 28-29 not knowing.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:43:58 )
OMG! I was totally imagining maybe a... 17 or 19.. maybe 20 year old. o_o"
How.. did she get a job at a used book store with very little knowledge of genres/categories? :0 /genuinely curious/

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:45:40 )

She got hired because she was a transfer from a retail store. Our bookstore is apart of Goodwill, and we needed someone who understood basic Goodwill procedures. Understanding books wasn't a requirement.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:51:54 )
aaaah. okay. I guess that makes sense. She's got a lot of learning to do in the next couple weeks. >3<
When I was a children's librarian, they had a gal in her 30s hired on and she legit knew very little about kids and books, but she was constantly wanting to learn which is why the library kept her on. She made... a lot of mistakes. I got to a point where I'd fix her mistakes and not say anything unless someone asked what I was doing. o.o'

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 02:54:29 )

Unfortunately I've been fixing mistakes from all of my coworkers. Today I had to completely alphabetize one of our sections, because none of them know how to use the alphabet. They just put books where ever.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 03:02:06 )

omg, what a waste of time. I mean, fixing such a large error due to laziness.
Our local goodwill drives me nuts with their book section, they don't have any well known authors, or any genre assortment, aside from fiction, non-fiction and romance.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 03:04:33 )

I'm trying to figure out how the post formatting works. /double posting to figure out how it works. Cx

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 03:05:06 )

The retail stores are like that. Since we're a specialized store we try to keep them organized like a normal bookstore/library. Whenever something gets popular I try to make displays for that thing. Like right now I have an Anne Rice tribute display up.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 03:09:09 )
I'm glad you have her up and center. Her books are amazing. I've read most of the vampire series.
I don't think I could pick it up now and re-read it though. o3o
I was/am so bummed to find out she passed. T;T
I'm sure your display looks amazing. <3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/01/5 03:11:19 )

Next time I'm allowed to shop at my own store, I plan on getting a few of them. >w> Goodwill employees cannot shop at their home store, except on certain days.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.