Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/14 17:20:34 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Nah I think I'm going to try to stay awake today since I'm not very tired. Just feeling the blues today but oddly I just want to be sappy and sad right now...
(○゚ε゚○)

How are you so far? 彡★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/14 18:03:09 )
@Wildfire: My mom's side was a very "must have kids" mentality. Cultish-Christian types.
I don't talk to that side of the family.
I've had a few cousins reach out wondering who I am and how I'm related. Which is expected when I have some 50 or 60 cousins on just that side. /shudders/

I never really felt the need to have kids. I'm glad we chose the route of being parents. :d It's really enriching.
I live by Kids circle our lives, we don't circle theirs. Does that make sense?
Sounds like we think very similarly as parents. lol. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/14 18:24:16 )

★彡 @Kory: Hey~
Yeah people come and go but hopefully the new layout update can bring people back more :3

I'm doing okay so far, just getting some stuff done. How about you? How are you liking Voltra so far? 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/14 20:40:55 )
@Purpsy: Awwww <3 Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. Still, I hope you process whatever it is you're processing and start feeling better soon.

@Kory: Hey Kory. It's nice to see you. What have you been up to lately?

@Koah: Ouch. I didn't have to deal with that, but I did have to deal with my dad telling me at ~20 that I better find a husband 'lest I become an old maid (yeah, he was an ass). I too have had "cousins" reach out to me too once in a while, but I don't know who any of them are, and ironically, it seems to be the "side of the family" that I share absolutely zero DNA with...
And yes, we seem to be on the same page with the kids thing (not a surprise) <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/14 20:52:18 )

★彡 @Wildfire: My emotional range is in the middle for today. Which is heaven for me, I don't like it when I'm too emotional or sensitive. But thank you (๑ ́ᄇ`๑)♡ 彡★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/14 21:43:44 )
@Wildfire: your dad sounds old-fashioned.
I had a step-dad that assumed the only way I'd be happy in life is if I married a wealthy man who didn't mind my quirks. XD He was an old guy. My mom married him just as he retired. They finally divorced after many, many years of unhappiness. XD

I'm having another lazy day. =3= I don't want another lazy day... but it is what it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/14 21:58:22 )
@Purpsy: well, it sounds like you're feeling better. I'm glad. :3 <3

@Koah: I was shocked that he said that, tbh. I'd love (now) to see the expression on my face at the time! XD People can be so utterly strange sometimes :3

It is what it is. You must need the lazy day.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/15 00:04:46 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Yep I am just low energy xD
And I was drawing for nearly 5 hours... I feel greeaaaat 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/15 13:37:56 )
@Purpsy: 5 hours of drawing! WoooHoo! <3 I remember having days like that. I miss them! :3 ... but I'm glad you had a day like that.

@Kory: oh no! I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with some challenges iRL, lately, but I'm glad to hear that things are improving for you. :3
Me? I've been spending time outside, trying to avoid the pollen and putzing around planting things in the ground and doing all the work that is required before and after things get put in the ground (I'm working on a garden that has been neglected for a while).

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/15 13:41:30 )

Good morning.

Random Question of the Day -----------------------------> What obstacles would be included in the World’s most amazing obstacle course?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/15 13:46:24 )

★彡 @Kory: I'm glad your feeling better ♡(´。・ω・。`) Life can be a struggle sometimes.

Yeah I love Voltra too, it's such a nice small but friendly community. But take your time being more active here, the forums can be a tad bit slow to begin with.

@Wildfire: Yeah I'm putting more hours on my drawings and I used to be the same way too but then idk what happened lol.

Good morning btw~ 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/15 13:58:51 )
@Purpsy: We all have cycles where we spend more time -or less- on something. I'm glad you're getting back in to it though. I need to, too, tbh :3

And yes, good morning! What do you have planned for the day today - anything?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/15 14:17:26 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Yeah is a mix of doing chores, possible going out on an errand later then maybe get back to drawing. But right now I'm just having my breakfast.

How about you? 彡★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/15 14:32:58 )
@Purpsy: That sounds like a fairly decent day, actually. I hope you get everything done and have a good session drawing! :3

My day includes doing some cleaning up of and around the house.

I just went out to check my garden and noticed that I have two little sparrows building a nest in a birdhouse (shaped like a teapot!!) in my back yard!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/15 16:18:40 )

★彡 @Wildfire: Yep it is but I'm not sure I want to go out later since it's been snowing hard since I woke up. But we're also running out of stuff here. Winter sucks sometimes  ٩(๑`^´๑)۶ 

Sounds like your garden is flourishing well♡
Gimme some of that sunny weather! 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/16 02:19:51 )

Had children running through the store playing tag today and the grandma was like 'walk', in a weak voice. Tells them to stop a few times and is ignored. As they go to leave after paying for their stuff, she gives these crotch goblins 5$ for being good.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/16 13:33:52 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I remember having to make the choice to deal with the snow and ice or to eat - lol! I hope you got some stuff and that the snow wasn't too bad. Winter and snow should be on its way out for you soon if you can deal with it for about another month.

@Another Movie Addict: Sounds like Grandma has some self-esteem issues. If the kids were as bad as you're suggesting, and she rewarded them for it, I'd really hate to see them acting badly!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/16 13:35:17 )

Good morning.

What's going on, People? Got any plans for today? Tomorrow - it's St. Patrick's Day?! This weekend?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/16 13:45:20 )

@Wildfire: Right? They were misbehaving the whole time they were in the store. Just ignoring when their mom and grandma told them to do anything.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2022/03/16 13:56:23 )
@Another Movie Addict: Mom & Grandma aren't Parents, then... they're simply Breeders.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.