Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 22:29:52 )

@Wildfire: Oh for sure, it's a costume piece but I think I can still get away with wearing it sometimes anyway, lol.

Anyway how are you doing today? I just put a roast in the oven. One of my favorite things to make!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 22:36:37 )
@CooperationIsKey: ...yeah, that's about what I thought... it'll be one of those "hey why not ... I'm in a funky mood today" type things XD <3

mmmmmm.... roast!

Yeah, I'm doing ok today, thanks. I'm a bit tired though... and feeling it pretty bad right now, tbh. But I should probably find my way to the kitchen and start chopping things for dinner. I don't wanna.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 22:56:17 )
@Wildfire: your dinner plans sounds delicious. <3 Wish I could sneak over for food. lol!
Sounds like I need to do my daily workout. dangit. XD I always do it before bed, so I'll plan on that and hopefully not get distracted and mopey like I've been doing.

My mom is just a little panicky because she's not as fast with her little knee scooter, and picking up kids is still a difficulty since the strength in her leg is still weak. She doesn't feel ready to have her daycare back, but if we don't transition and I just dump it back in her lap, it'll be a lot harder.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 23:00:36 )

@Wildfire: I don't think so... hopefully... is nothing compare since my last winter here. That was a disaster x.x
Today is not the worst, but honestly I'm feeling a little apathetic at the moment so... I'm hanging in there.

How about you? Better than my day I hope.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 23:05:29 )
@Purpsy: your avi is so cool today! *o* wow.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 23:15:27 )

@Koah: Awe thank you♥
I've been feelin' very meh about it. And been working on and off about it for several hours

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 23:17:35 )
@Purpsy: It's definitely got the right vibe for the theme. Like a Yokai. <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 23:19:51 )

@Koah: Oh she is! If you look closer she has little horns that blends too well with her hair xD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 23:46:53 )
@Purpsy: oh my gosh, didn't even notice the horns because I liked the makeup/outfit combo so much. <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/23 23:51:45 )

@Koah: Yep but I like it is not that noticeable. Like if you see it you see it right? You may be one of the few lel

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 03:11:04 )

Roast turned out delicious. :D

@Wildfire: Hope you managed to get through dinner okay!

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 03:19:52 )

Roast turned out delicious. :D

@Wildfire: Hope you managed to get through dinner okay!

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 13:32:19 )
@Koah: lol - dinner was fairly basic, but good. I'd share if I could! :3

Did you end up doing your workout? If not, that's fine... but you're the one who challenged me! (& if you hadn't, I probably would have skipped the gym and taking my little walk, tbh).

It's understandable that your mom is a little hesitant taking over if she's not really stable or mobile yet. As you know, a lot can happen in 30 seconds with kids that little! XD ... but yeah... transitioning is important, and it's forcing her to figure out to move, and how to move, which can only be good things at this stage of her recovery, right?

@Purpsy: Awwww... I hope the weather and apathy dissipates for you soon! :3 It's not any fun at all to be in a funk like that, and worse to feel like that and to be snowed in! :3 Is there anything else going on?

My day was ok. It was a little hectic for some reason, but it was ok. Thank you for asking. I hope your day today goes much better than yesterday seems to have gone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 13:48:43 )
@cooperationiskey:
Oh, I'm glad your roast came out well! :3 <3 What did you make with it?
Dinner here was fine, thanks. Nothing particularly special, but it was a nice meal. I got all kinds of munchy after eating dinner though, which was a bit weird. I actually made popcorn. I never make popcorn.

Good morning! I'm groggy and tired and didn't sleep particularly well. Ugh. A friend is picking me up later this morning... we're going to grab smoothie bowls for lunch and head to a local beach to hang out and to catch up. It should be good! :3

Outside here right now though, it's foggy and doesn't seem like it's going to be a typical Florida beach day... but according to the weather site, it's supposed to go up to a sunny 82°F today. Where my younger son is, though, it's -25°F right now with a high of 4°F today. At least it doesn't look like he'll be getting any more snow today. It's amazing to me to see these such varied temperatures - such a contrast!!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 14:30:42 )

@Wildfire: Yeah I was in some weird funk yesterday but I think I needed to be in that headspace for a little bit. I've been kind of being hard of myself and stressing myself out that sometimes is just best to turn off my emotions. And because of that I woke up this morning feeling a lot more better than yesterday. Not sure because I ended sleeping early last night but this morning I felt like more myself again. And the five minute meditation I had earlier solidified it ( ・ᴗ・̥̥̥ )

That sounds fun! And your out and about already. It sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you!
I hope your sleep gets better soon. But is it me but it seems I've known too much people who have sleep problems... =w=;

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 14:37:53 )
@Purpsy: Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling better today so far! Apparently, you needed some sleep... and a meditation! :3 <3

It's not just you - sleep issues seem to be becoming a very real issue for a lot of people lately... like in the last year or so. I'm sure some of it is stress-induced, or diet-related, but I can't help but wonder if there's not other factors too...

........ I'm not out and about just yet. I'm still here trying to wake up and stuff... but I probably should get off my butt and start preparing for the day. Soon. :3

Do you have anything planned for the day today?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 14:46:05 )

@Wildfire: I'm still thinking what to do today still actually. So is a no yet.
Yeah it could have triggered for most people during the pandemic but tbh, I've seen more people in younger generations have this issue more.
Mostly Gen Z and Millennials. I think older people sleep a lot better than us queue my parents =w=

Ah I see :3 You had your daily dose of caffeine yet?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 14:52:03 )
@Purpsy: I've had part of my daily dose of caffeine. I should probably go find breakfast and start putting together things I'll need for later.

I wonder if part of the sleep disturbances in younger people isn't due to technology, tbh... you younger folks seem to be on it all.the.time... and it seems like too much of a coincidence to not have some basis in fact...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 14:56:04 )

@Wildfire: Alright then :)
Oh technology is a biig part of it. I would say 90% why I can't sleep is because I can't get off my phone late at night. It's scary to be alone with your thoughts while your trying to sleep sometimes

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 15:35:26 )
@Purpsy: lol... well, I'm old XD ... and I'm certainly on the computer and my phone often enough (more often than I should be), and I definitely think that's part of the sleep thing. :3

But on the topic of being alone with your thoughts? ... yeah, I get it -I really do- but unless you can be alone with your thoughts, you have near-zero chance of processing through them and learning/growing from them. There is value in being bored. There is value in thinking, analyzing, feeling, processing, etc., and not being constantly distracted. There is value in knowing your own thoughts and feelings outside of the news and social media, etc., etc. IMO, anyway.... but again, I'm old :P XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.