Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 21:45:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: me too but if i lived alone
there isn't much i'd be able to do since i can't drive.
and no one really trusts me to live alone anyways lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 21:48:39 )
@MoodyB: It sounds like you're stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place. But it also sounds like although maybe not the perfect environment for you to flourish, at least you have people around you who do care for you and your well-being. Still...

Anyway - what are you working on today?

Last night I was trying to find some interesting art challenges for the upcoming year. Most of what I "found" were 'challenges' that I put together instead of some random list - lol! :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 21:52:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: maybe but i tend to be extremely ignorant of my surroundings
so i feel moving out alone would not be for me.
im not sure. i have no idea if i should or should not in the future. im bad at making friends, talking to people, etc.
so as much as i hate living here, it's all i got lol.
kinda feels like im on my own for everything at this point.

Do you mean monthly challenges? As i only know of monthly challenges or a few other ones.

I'm not sure what i'll work on. I have a wip of a spring piece, and my redraw of a 2019 piece.
i might work on the 2019 redraw as i need to work on the background.
tho i might also start some draw this in your style...i found about...4 of them i like.

tho i might also squeeze in some hand studies today.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 21:57:26 )
@MoodyB: Ultimately, we're all on our own for everything anyway -nods sagely-

Yes, monthly art challenges. I think I'm going to mostly go with what I'm putting together on my own for that... but we'll see. Sometimes it's really interesting to be pushed out of your comfort zone and do something that somebody else has come up with :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:02:40 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah i guess. just kinda thought my family would be helpful but no lol

i normally just do october ones or huevember. but making your own prompt list is always good. i might do one soon. after i get some projects done.

might do this one challenge called 100 heads in 10 days i think??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:05:47 )
@MoodyB: Oh, I was looking at one of those "X# of portraits in X days" challenges too. I'll probably do it, or a variation of it. Along with my other challenges. Why do you usually only do the October or November bigger challenges?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:08:52 )

@wildfire: just popping in to say that i love your avatar; it is very interesting!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:11:00 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: my projects take me months to finish so end if year prompts is all i can do.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:11:19 )
@Bonnie: Hi Bonnie - thanks for the compliment and for popping in! I hope you're doing well!
I really like your "suspicious fairy" avatar! <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:13:44 )
@MoodyB: That would do it. :3
Right now, I"m just looking to get back in to a regular habit of sketching, tbh.. and I should probably incorporate a challenge that's just using the digital arena and my tablet, but yes dedication to bigger projects do take more time. I wasn't thinking of that when I asked the question (got stuck in my own head -lol)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:17:23 )

@Wildfire: yes i am fine! and thank you, i was attempting to create an entry for the common couture contest but this one came to me instead. xD

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:17:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i honestly should not spend months on one piece.
but i only do it because i dont have hands down or painting.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:21:07 )
@Bonnie: LOL! The same thing happened to me with this one! <3
Inspiration comes from the strangest places sometimes and takes you in the weirdest directions!!

@MoodyB: "hands down or painting"...??

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:25:07 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i cant paint or draw hands....at all. so when i do try to incoperate those in my art...no one is gonna see that illustration finished for...6 months to a year.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:25:45 )

@Wildfire: yes! exactly that! i may wait for the next theme and see what common/colors are chosen!

bloop

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:30:37 )
@Wildfire: Originally I watched a swedish youtuber and then I stopped learning because that youtuber did something stupid and I didn't like him that much anymore. Then I started reading this web comic called stand still stay silent and there's a swedish character in there, so lot I got back into it again. I know a little bit less than 200 words of swedish at this point.
Male/20/gay/sad. :(
I usually only check this site like once or twice a day so it might take me a bit to respond.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:32:21 )
@MoodyB: Gotcha. I think your specific phrasing threw me a little bit but I completely understand what you mean!

@Bonnie: Yes, I'm trying to decide what to do too - submit this, do another one, or just wait. Of course, I'm also curious to see the results from AotW too (I have something submitted and would really like to get the "win" for once - lol!)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:33:35 )
@Evilcupcakecat: That is an interesting story about how you decided on Swedish! Really, whatever works, right? 200 words is a decent dent - congrats!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:35:23 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yup. im not good after vetigo strikes.
kinda makes me unable to word things correctly.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/28 22:37:24 )
@MoodyB: I can imagine that would be the case - and please don't worry about it. It was just that sentence. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.