Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 16:42:58 )
LOL! Jeff Goldblum is not my personal tastes, physically. There's something about The Craft that has appeal but I think it's more the overall idea of it than the story telling or the cinematography ...

@Koah: Oh, good morning. I'm really sorry to hear about your laptop. My desktop unexpectedly died a couple of months ago, so although I'm fortunate to have had a laptop waiting for me, I completely understand! Hopefully you didn't lose all your information!
Other than technical puking, how are you doing?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 16:45:31 )
This is exactly

I don't mean him now lol, but once upon a time. Before I was born. The Warlock movies are also terrible, but fun to watch. Once Bitten with baby Jim Carrey before he was a bigger name. Quest for Camelot was a favorite when I was younger, which also considered a bad movie. And The Pagemaster.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 16:50:05 )
LOL! <3 Those are definitely some "bad" choices! :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 16:55:20 )
@Wildfire: basically my laptop is about 9 years old. The plug in port broke a while back. And now, after updates, my laptop refuses to connect to wifi.
So it works. Just... No internet. T^T
My husband did his best with his techie skills.
He just wants to get me a new computer.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 16:55:32 )
This is exactly

Also The Pebble and the Penguin was great, and Thumbelina. Both of which apparently are 'bad'. Return to Oz, We're Back, um Mom and Dad Save the World, Stay Tuned, Rock-A-Doodle, for more recent stuff I've watched and liked is harder to remember for some reason. Oh I watched this series on Netflix called Dare Me, and I can't say that it's good. Like I enjoyed it a fair bit, but it's objectively not that great.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 16:58:37 )
@Koah: Oh yeah... those are especially fun technological things to deal with! At least you should be able to transfer your info to a thumbdrive or external HDD or something (instead of losing it), so that's a big plus :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 17:02:53 )
@Another Movie Addict: I don't remember seeing anything about some of those things you just mentioned, but that's not a surprise since I was much more focused on doing other things at the time-frame you're describing than watching TV, etc. I don't remember hearing or seeing anything at all about the Pebble and the Penguin, Stay Tuned, or Rock-a-Doodle, for example. The others, I've at least heard of. Dare Me, huh? I'm not familiar with that but it sounds like a Youtuber gone to Netflix or something...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 17:10:33 )
This is exactly

Lol you're also a good bit older than me, I think. Pebble and the Penguin and Rock-a-Doodle are both from the guy who did All Dogs go to Heaven, Land Before Time, and An American Tail. Stay Tuned is a film starring what's his name from Threes Company. Guy who played Jack. It's about his family getting sucked into their television and having to find each other and a way out.

Dare Me is actually based on a YA book series, and is about a girl getting taken advantage of by her cheerleading teacher/coach.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 18:12:06 )
@Wildfire: im thankful i can take things off the laptop before it kicks the bucket.
This week has been a teen mess. Dealing with a parent having parenting withdrawals. Lol. And dealing with a teen feeling her mom's presence. Even though she's not here.
I just want to day drink and send the teen back for a week so i cant stop being stuck in the middle of poor communication.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 18:29:23 )

Hello everyone
How's everybody doing?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 18:34:28 )
@Purpsy: my day is okay. Just drinking coffee and trying to keep littles doing school work.
How are you?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 18:41:43 )

@Koah: Is the same mood for me too.
I just finished eating my very late breakfast which is just a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese.

Then I'm down to get some stuff down around my apartment.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 19:37:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yup so im going to save up for my tablet since it's a necessity to create better art.
tho im still stuck on what size since my tablet model comes in two sizes.
one medium and one small.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 19:46:57 )
...I got distracted. But it was all in good ways :3

@Another Movie Addict: Yeah, I am actually a good bit older than you are, which accounts for me "missing" some of the things you're currently mentioning :3

@Koah: Oh - don't underestimate those parenting withdrawals... they are very real (yes, from experience... and I'm not nearly as micromanaging or controlling as your sister!). I know exactly what you're talking about, and I'm sorry you're having to deal with that kind of chaos and drama!

@Purpsy: Hello. It sounds like you're having a good day so far! :3

@MoodyB: go for the larger tablet if you can - you don't have to use the entire thing, but you might appreciate having it available ...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 19:50:07 )

@Wildfire: It is I guess but it also feels like a typical normal day too =w=
But how's your day going so far Wild?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 19:55:33 )
@Purpsy: I get that :3
My day is going ok so far. I can't believe it's already almost 2pm.

It's one of those days over here where it feels like I've done very little so far, but also I'm happy that I did things? I think it's a matter of the stuff I've done hasn't been particularly concrete, but it has been more personally fulfilling...? Like, I did a small workout, showered, got a late but healthy breakfast, evaluated and set up a couple things in my 'journal', read a children's story in Italian... but didn't put the laundry away or do the stray dishes, or anything like that...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 20:34:55 )

@Wildfire: Ah I'm having the same day as well. I feel the need to be more productive so I finally cleaned the oven and done some sweeping around my apartment and I might possibly do laundry later not sure.

But honestly I haven't been drawing since last Saturday. Is like I don't have the energy for it x.x

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 20:36:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: im mostly unsure because my current one is the largest non display.
but it's too big so i can't work at my desk due to limited space.
so i don't want it to be too big like this one.
as then i can't set my 15" laptop with the tablet.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 20:37:13 )

Questing: Ruby | Corrupted Icho | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: so am I, yesterday wasn't all good days, but well 'makes face' that's not my fault, its the cleaners who blew me off again yesterday. even though she worked yesterday. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/02/10 22:26:39 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I've been feeling like I have zero energy or motivation to do much of anything either lately. It's really out of character for me and I really don't like it, but I'm not sure what to do about it, tbh. Even if I muster up the motivation to go DO something, what on earth does that entail these days? Answer: not much.

@MoodyB: Oh, I see. That makes sense. I would go as big as you can for the space you have to work with (obviously) and in...

@star2000shadow: I think I'm missing something in translation there, but I'm sorry to hear your day was impacted by somebody else like that :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.