Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 07:46:22 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The call was answered by Nate, who happened to be at the receptionist area at the time.

"Medical wing." he said. "State your emergency." he told them.

She did, and he told her a pair of medics would be there post-haste.

And they were. They arrived within 2 minutes, and made their way over.

"Are YOU all right?" one asked her.

"Do you need any attention?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 07:53:08 )

"I'm fine, merely soaked from the water raining down." She told them as she got to her feet.

".... You were kneeling on glass shards." One of the two stated. She looked down to the floor, then her bare knees.

"Huh... so I was." She commented before meeting their gaze.

"Hi. I'm Robyn, although most people call me Gem or Gemini. My skin is very hard to get through with sharp things. I'm fine."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 08:03:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....oh!" they exclaimed.

"They're new." the other told her. "Last month, actually." they said.

They then got Ty onto a stretcher.

"Are you coming with us?" they asked.

"Odds are you won't be wanting to stay HERE."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 08:05:46 )

Robyn just sighed.

"Yeah." She answered.

"Better I say what happened, as opposed to you say . Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak." She commented.

"And yeah.... getting somewhere dry is a good idea." She then paused and held a hand up before dashing back to the table where her stuff was, and returning. It took all of fifteen seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 08:25:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as she was returning, they finished with Ty, and the lot of them disappeared from where they were, appearing in the lobby area of the medical wing, where Nate was waiting for them.

"Examination room G." he told the crew, before they headed off.

"Miss Robyn." he then addressed Gem.

"Please tell me the full extent of what happened." he told her.

"What, exactly, happened?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 13:55:26 )

Robyn just sighed lightly.

"What happened? Simple." She started. "He went to use the vending machine, and was electrocuted."

"I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I do know that that's what I saw from my vantage point." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:38:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....great." Nate muttered.

"Well, the cafeteria isn't safe any longer." he said.

"I'll have to tell Dr. Edwards that." he went on.

"And he died right away?" he asked.

She nodded in response.

"While that's nothing too alarming, considering it's agent King, it means we have another to add to the death count for this." he said, unimpressed.

"...and it means that we're running out of places in this building that could be considered 'safe'." he added quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 22:50:22 )

"I noticed." Robyn responded with a sigh.

"I'm not sure what it is that can be done to help, but with any sort of luck, soimething can be found." She added.

"It is purely mana though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 23:10:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Nate muttered.

"I see." he said.

"That's... well, that's both good AND bad." he said further.

"It makes me wonder if this is an attack to steal or leak our data and identities, or if this is just meant to harm us and shut the Unit down." he went on.

"And if it's the latter, are we in danger because of the lockdown?" he asked further.

"Also, where did this originate from? If it's an inside job, the lockdown makes sense, but... argh, this is infuriating." he then growled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 23:11:44 )

"Sadly, that's a lot that I can't answer." Robyn commented.

"However, we are looking into that, trying to hopefully find the source." She added.

"Alchemists can trace mana, sometimes." She told him. "So we're hoping to be able to trace this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 23:38:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, I wish you the best of luck in that." Nate responded. "The sooner we can find out any information on this, the better." he sighed.

"..." he was then silent, before shaking his head.

"And be careful." he told her. "We don't want anything to happen to anyone else." he reasoned. "So try and say safe." he finished.

- - -

He made his way down the corridor, scratching his chin as he did so. He made his way to a closed door, pausing at it for a moment. The one behind it did NOT like to be interrupted, but this was something different.

This was important. She needed to hear this, and he'd be in very big trouble if he didn't report this.

So he just shook his head and knocked on the door.

"Madam Encrae?" he called through it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 02:45:08 )

There was silence from the room before he heard her moving around. The door opened a couple of seconds later, but not by the woman he was looking for. Instead it was another dark skinned woman, with navy blue and white streaked hair. It reached her hips, but she had it clipped back and up.

Her black eyes were as was expected, along with the slightly glowing navy markings around her neck and wrists.

She merely stepped out of the way to allow him entrance.

"What." The woman he was looking for, who was sitting at a desk on the far side of the room, said. It wasn't a question, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 03:06:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He stepped though the door, past the woman, and made his way to the one that had addressed him.

"Unit information update." he said. "Seems they're in a crisis." he told her.

With that, he proceeded to inform her about what he had been told, what had been happening, and everything. He was quick, but spared no details. She would want to hear ALL of this.

"I know you don't actively target the Unit, but they have been a thorn in your side at times." he reasoned.

"Perhaps you can captialise on this, and find a way to cripple them even further... or turn this into a more direct benefit for yourself." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 03:36:08 )

She was silent before meeting his gaze, her golden eyes locking onto his green ones.

"That is definitely some fortunate informaiton." She stated before looking to the darkskinned woman for a moment.

"Azari, you and her are going to work together." She told him simply.

"Yes, Mistress." The woman stated.

"Find me information for how to get in."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 04:01:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari nodded in response.

"Of course, Madam." he replied.

"It will be done post-haste." he assured her, before looking to the other woman.

"Come." he said.

"We have plans to make." he told her, before looking back to the first woman.

"By the way, it seems my sister's spirit is finally starting to fully break." he informed her. "It will only be a matter of time before she is completely and utterly devoted to your will."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 04:04:57 )

She looked to Azari before returning to whatever she'd been doing when he'd arrived.

"Perfect." She stated simply.

"It will be quite a treat when she does finally break." She added, a bit of a sadistic tone to her voice. It was rare she had someone break, nevermind succumbing to her mana.

"Now go. I do believe you two are busy."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 04:24:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari nodded in response.

"Of course." he replied.

With that, the two of them left, but unbeknownst to them... and the woman in the room... there had been another set of ears that had heard the conversation. A pair that belonged to a male in the adjacent room, that had been dealing with cleaning some weapons and implements.

And he did NOT like what he had heard. Specifically, the part about Azari's sister.

Something inside him was screaming to act, but something else was trying to suppress it.

And he felt himself feeling VERY conflicted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 04:53:46 )

She was silent as she stretched, before looking to what she'd just been writing. It was a report regarding the one that she'd just finished with a bit ago. Granted, she had no idea what it was that she was supposed to make of what he siad, but at the same time, she did realise that he'd been... rather unhappy with how he couldn't get a rise otu of her.

"Heh." She muttered before getting to her feet. "I should get this to the media crew. AT least then they could possibly do something with it." Wit that, she grabbed the folder she'd been using, along with the thumb drive, that had the recordings fo the interrogations, and headed out of the office.

She made her way through the empty halls and up to the office in question. She tried the door, found it locked, so she knocked.

Granted, she had no idea if anyone was in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 05:15:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds, she heard someone behind her.

"Hey." they said.

When she turned around, she saw someone with bags under their eyes, scruffy hair, and overall had a bit of a disheveled look.

But this was normal for him. She knew it wasn't indicative of his mental or emotional state. THAT was an entire OTHER kettle of fish, that very few people wished to try and cook with. For good reason.

"Sorry, popped out to use the washroom." he told her.

He then took the keys he'd been given, as he was considered the 'second in command' for the Unit's media relations, and unlocked the door.

"What's up?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 05:35:28 )

"Hey Levi." She said with a wave.

"I've got information for one of the cases that you guys up here are tasked with ...dealwing with the media for." She told him honestly.

"The one that was dubbed before you guys got it as 'The Sandman'." She added.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.