Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Beyond Security

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 01:17:11 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, thinking about it.

"Do it." he said.

"And I know nothing about this, nor can I speculate on suspects." he told her.

"This seemingly just came out of nowhere, earlier today." he went on.

"But, enough chit-chat." he then said.

"Go." he told her.

"The sooner you and Agent Callimachi can whip something up for this, the better."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 01:30:15 )

Gem didn’t say anything before nodding and just leaving. She had no idea what it was that had happened, but she thought she might have some sort of idea for what it was that might help. Possibly.

Maybe.

Who was she kidding, there was no way that she could hope to have any ideas already. It was too quick, too early, too little information, sadly. That, of course, didn’t mean that she couldn’t actually try things though. That’s what science was, finding he answers through experimentation.

And she would experiment.

———

Kiah let out a cry of surprise, the rune dropping, as she tried to plug her phone in. The electrical connection should have been protected, and should not have left the wall. She did manage to call her rune back as she staggered back from the wall, and into the chair that was there. Her hand and wrist were throbbing, a Lichtenberg figure, on her fingers and hand, where the current entered.

She was completely silent as she just laid her head on her arms, atop the metal table in the room. She knew she needed to get up and do something, that she needed to get herself checked to make sure she wasn’t going to die unexpectedly, get the information about this out there… but she couldn’t. Her head hurt too much, everything hurt too much for that matter.

She couldn’t even try and figure out what it was that had happened, either, not with how much she hurt.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 01:53:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her cry of surprise had not gone unnoticed, and the one that heard it, Ilias, came into the room.

"Kiah!?" he exclaimed.

"Oh, no..." he mumbled, seeing her.

"Kiah, are you all right?" he asked, making his way over.

"What happened?" he asked further.

It was clear he was immensely concerned for her right now, and it was understandable.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 02:06:20 )

Kiah was silent as Ilias said what it was that he did, and approached. She didn’t move before motioning toward the wall, and plug. She didn’t say anything for a few seconds though, couldn’t really.

“Ow.” She said after a moment or two. “Shocked me pretty bad.” She added honestly.

“I have no idea why, or what happened, but… I went to plug in my phone, and I was shocked, massively.” She added as she held up her hand so that he could see the markings that had formed. “As you can see from this.”

“I… think? I’ll be all right.” She continued. “But still, definitely not pleasant.” That much was true. She didn’t want to go through that again, but at least she was all right. It wasn’t long after, but she was awake, coherent, and still intelligible. He could hear in her voice that she hurt though. That shock wasn’t pleasant, and it was most certainly not something she wanted to repeat, but for the moment, she wasn’t so worried about it. Aside from not wanting to go anywhere near a plug for the next bit, of course.

“Do you have any idea what the hell is going on with that?” She then asked. “And I mean beyond the notice of ‘be careful'.” She added a few seconds later. She knew that he likely wouldn’t have more information than she did, but maybe? There was no reason not to ask, regardless.

And even then, she could just hope.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 02:31:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias just shrugged.

"I wish I knew." he said.

"Though I DID overhear something earlier." he told her.

"It seems like the electrical outlets in the I.T. department are dangerous... guess whatever was happening THERE has spread out to the rest of the building." he informed her.

"....you should go to the medical wing." he suggested.

"Make SURE you're okay..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 03:00:26 )

Kiah was completely silent for a moment before sighing. She did know he was right, but she wasn’t sure she could actually manage to get there at the moment. She felt all right, overall, but her nerves were still not quite on the level. Moving was a task for the moment, and it wasn’t hard to understand why. There had been enough of a current to mark her hand, it wasn’t hard to believe it’d be enough to fuck with her nerves for the moment.

“Probably.” She agreed, but didn’t move.

“Just… give me a bit.” She then added after a few seconds. “Moving ain’t easy. My nerves are all alight and it hurts. A lot.” She winced as she spoke, the pain echoing in her voice.

“My mana keeps misfiring too. Dropped the rune when it first happened. Doubt I could do anything really fine tuned at the moment.” She then said before just falling silent for a few seconds. She carefully, delicately, tried to sit up properly, and while she found she could, it was with plenty of winces.

“… Don’t get shocked. It ain’t fun.” She managed to get out a few seconds later, with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 03:23:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....duly noted." Ilias replied with a small laugh.

"But still... this isn't good." he mumbled.

He was then silent for a moment, and sighed.

"Want me to help you get to the medical wing?" he asked.

"Or get someone to come here?" he asked further.

"Because... well, it's clear that moving is a chore for you right now, and understandably so."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 03:29:44 )

“If we’re being honest, calling it a chore is an understatement.” Kiah told him honestly, with a heavy sigh.

“I would appreciate some help, I admit, but I do worry about shocking you as a result.” She added as she met his gaze. He could see how she was tired, drained, and probably just done with the day after this. Then again, it wasn’t hard to guess that anyone would be.

“Do we have any major electric mages in the building, as far as you know?” She then asked, her voice curious.

“Because … they’d help with any cases of this.” She added as she carefully got to her feet, holding onto the chair in the process.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 03:50:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....hm." Ilias muttered.

"I... admittedly, I'm not sure." he said.

"I don't know much about the mana elements of many of the people here." he said further.

"Maybe Gem or Aedan?" he suggested.

"They're not electric mages, but they may be able to take a jolt or two."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 04:15:53 )

Kiah was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

”Aedan, Ty, or Lunet, would likely be best. The three of them can’t really die well.” She commented.

”Anyway, let’s go.” She said simply. ”Because yeah, it probably would do me some good to be checked over. “

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 04:36:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias nodded in response.

"All right." he said.

"Do you want me to carry you?" he asked.

"Or see if I can get Agent King to do so?" he asked further, before pausing.

"...or do you think you can get there on your own power?" he then asked her.

"Regardless, I AM accompanying you." he declared.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 04:46:58 )

"I ... might.. be ok." Kiah answered.

"It's starting to fade. Barely, but it is." She added after a few seconds.

"Let's... just go. If nothing else, I need that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 05:09:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias nodded.

"All right." he said.

The two of them then proceeded to make their way to the medical wing, taking their time so that Kiah could maintain her balance, and when they finally arrived, he looked around slightly.

"...hello?" he asked.

"Someone needs medical attention." he said further.

"Angela? Someone?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 05:25:45 )

With Ilias' help, Kiah made her way over to one of the beds and sat down, unable to stay on her feet for the moment. Ilias started to look around, wonering if anyone was even there. It was unusually quiet down there for that matter.

It didn't take long at all, only a few seconds, maybe aminute or two, before he saw the blonde he'd expected to find.

"Hey." She said as she approached.

"What happened?" She asked after a second. Kiah didn't say anything in response, just held her hand up so that she could see the markings. Angela sighed lightly before nodding.

"Electricity." She commented. Kiah nodded.

"All right, Ilias? You don't need to hang around if you don't want to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 05:46:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias sighed quietly.

"I... really want to." he said, and both Kiah and Angela knew it was out of concern.

"But I can't." he muttered.

"I'm second-in-command at R&D, so I really should be getting back." he lamented.

"Try and stop this from happening AGAIN." he mumbled further.

"Kiah, I'll let you know if any new info crops up." he told the chemist.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 05:49:00 )

Kiah nodded.

"Yeah... thanks." She said.

"Go make sure the lab doesn't burn, please." She added.

"All right, I'll let you know when I have any informationm about Kiah, Ilias. Ok?" Angela said with a smile.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 06:11:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Okay." Ilias responded.

They then said their goodbyes, and he left the medical wing, making his way back to the lab. Once he got there, he checked the outlet she'd plugged her cell phone into, and saw the telltale burn marks there.

"...geez." he muttered.

"This is... unreal." he said.

"This would have killed her, had she not been so strong." he went on.

'...the HELL is going on...?' he thought.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 06:42:20 )

She was silent as she sat at the table in the break room. She knew about what was going on in the building, and was currently eying the toaster oven. It was something she wasn’t too keen on trying to fiddle with, but she knew that it was something she probably should. Someone had to, and she was sure that she’d have a decent chance of survival. The question though, was whether or not she was brave enough to do it.

Could she be lucky and have an instance where she was fine, since not every instance resulted in whatever was going on to happy, but it did seem to be rather common.

She couldn’t linger for too long, she was hungry. With a sigh, she just got to her feet, made her way over to the counter and unplugged the toaster oven. She was fine as she did so, no issues there. Once it was unplugged and separated from the wall, she took it off the counter to the trash and started working on clearing it out. There were a ton of crumbs and the like in there, and she knew that it was likely what was causing the burning that everyone that tried to use it could smell.

After cleaning it appropriately, she made her way back to the counter with it, and set it down. She didn’t hesitate for too long, since she knew that she really shouldn’t, or couldn’t. She was hungry, and she had some bruschetta that was dying to be eaten.

She plugged it in, or at least tried to. The current that ran through her was extreme enough to throw her back against the fridge behind her. She didn’t let out a cry, couldn’t, before she hit the floor, not moving.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 07:05:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Even though she didn't let out a cry, the sound of her hitting the fridge and then landing on the floor was heard by someone.

And then came running into the room, freezing in horror at what they saw.

"Ali-!" he started to exclaim, before pausing.

"Ebony!" he corrected himself, before racing over towards her and kneeling down where she was.

"Hey!" he exclaimed.

"Hey, are you conscious!?" he then asked, checking for a pulse.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/13 07:19:45 )

He found her pulse, but it was erratic, and notably slower than it rightly should have been.

There was the same figure marking on her hand, just as Kiah had shown up with.

She was silent for a few seconds before he felt her hand twitch.

".... I'm alive." She told him honestly.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.