Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 08:47:16 )

It's cookies and cream xD
They had limited stock when I bought it.

Oh geeze I hate cake because frosting is waaaay too sweet.
Which is ironic cuz I love ice cream.
I guess I never realized how picky I was with sweets till you mentioned it xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 08:52:28 )

!! cookies and cream is my fave ice cream flavor haha
yesss same, I'm picky with cake but generally like all kinds of ice cream

I've also gotten snobbier about chocolate ADLKFJ like I'll still eat any chocolate but definitely acknowledge that I'd 200% prefer if it was dark

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 08:57:45 )

I can't eat marshmallows like I used to. Like I used to be able to polish off a whole box of Peeps at Easter, but now I can barely eat two before I get sick. I also can't drink Slurpees like I used to either. I would get the Blue Raspberry and last time I got one, it was so sweet I barely was able to finish it.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:04:00 )

oh same about the peeps, I definitely wouldn't eat those now
I'd still eat regular marshmallows tho haha but not a lot. there's a TON of sugar in those things
I saw it measured out once (on a scale in grams) and I was like, shook ALKDFJ

I haven't had a slurpee in a really long time. I kinda wanna try now tho

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:04:30 )

I used to make fun of my parents for not liking sweets but joke's on me I GUESS IM OLD NOW??

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:08:17 )

I just turned 35 this year. I miss the old days when I could eat whatever I wanted. But guess that's why I got fat too heh.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:19:10 )

I'm not going to lie, I totally spaced out and forgot what I was doing...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:22:48 )

you were going to eat ice cream! unless you've already done that

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:24:45 )

haha I guess I always thought it'd happen later? like.. 60s?? ALDFKJ turns out that kind of thing is really fleeting. kinda wish I ate more sweets as a kid before I grew out of it ;3c
altho I do sometimes feel like im not a proper adult either..

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:30:41 )

People's interest in food in general changes over the time as they grow older. :o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:34:41 )

Honestly I forgot about ice cream xD I'm working on making a quest thread...
It's 2:35 am though so I might just go to bed xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:37:06 )

heheh yes, I wonder what causes the changes tho! I think it's interesting. I didn't really find out I liked super spicy food til college, I guess bc I was more adventurous with food then.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:38:13 )

haha no ice cream after all
that's pretty late tho, you should sleep if you're tired! I'll check out your quest list later when you post it ;3c

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:39:43 )

Hahaha you don't have to by any means xD
I think I'm going to finish the template then completely finish it after some sleep xD
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:46:26 )

I think our taste buds change as we get older. Like they 'mature' as we do, so flavors that we used to like as a kid drop away the older we get. Also I find myself doing the opposite too. Things I hated as a kid, I like now. Like Brussel Sprouts and Sour cream.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:54:04 )

I always thought that was a saying, but I wonder if anything is biologically changing? or if it's just a matter of people generally becoming more open-minded to food as they age, so it's like a psychological change?

I've actually never had brussel sprouts before, haha. I know that's like the iconic food that kids don't like, same with broccoli (altho I love broccoli and always have)
I used to not like tofu but now I really like it. I hated eggplants for the longest time until I figured out it was just the preparation that I didn't like

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 09:58:38 )

I used to like liver as a kid, but I never saw it prepared. As soon as I saw what it looked like before hand, I refuse to eat it now. But my friend calls Brussel Sprouts, Evil baby cabbages lol.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 10:04:37 )

ohh yeah that's also a factor. I know some people who are vegetarians for that reason. like not bc of the animals, but bc of the thought of meat or the preparation of it

AKDLFJ thats funny
do brussel sprouts taste like cabbages??

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 10:12:53 )

They're a bit more tart. It's kind of hard to explain lol. I steam them in a steam basket in a pan and when they turn dark green, and soft, I put mayonnaise on them and they have a slight bitter taste. But they're good with either mayo or cheese.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 10:28:19 )

I heard that every seven years our taste buds change. And also pregnancy hormones can shift taste buds around.

I've got fully spicy foods now pretty much

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.