Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange {S} orb items {B} New crate items 5K?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/11 17:52:28 )

@PoeticTorment: Wow you really know your stuff lol. I'm sure with new brake pads they will be great.
SO should help cause the sooner it's fixed the sooner you can use it, but at the same time they are probably tired after working.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/11 19:13:48 )

Head In The Clouds~ (Ping Please!)

@Totalanimefan: My hometown had a TON of bike riders and Gramps was the one who fixed them all so I helped where I could but it's been like 8 or 9 years since I've worked on my bike. (My SO is the reason it was busted in the first place and I was preggers at the time so not a good combo cause I cried) Lol
Yeah, I think so too! My SO just wants me to try using the old ones for a bit cause they are a higher quality from what he says. I dunno about that tho, brake pads wasn't something I really read into and I just used the ones gramps gave me. XD
Which is why I don't pester him to help much, honestly. He's been dealing with an increase of new people joining his work on top of them adding on to the building. And from the sounds of it, he's helping train the newbies as well for the expansion. *^*

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/11 20:42:38 )

@PoeticTorment: That does sound stressful. Maybe someone else could help you with the bike then. I want to go out riding soon too but I'm still recovering. Testing positive AGAIN this morning. It's like it won't go away lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/11 22:50:32 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, in the long run it'll help him cause he's the only one that could fix the large cylinder and stuff from the motors.
I was going to ask my stepdad if he knows how to fix them. If not, I'll have my sister help me.
Oh dear, that's not good. Still have your sense of smell and taste?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 00:05:43 )

@PoeticTorment: I think I have smell and taste but they are being weird atm. Sometimes I smell something that feintly smells bad but then I try to smell it again and I don’t?
And with food I think I’m tasting everything but I’m not really sure. It various by food. Like I had a donut the only day. Could only taste the yeast. No sugar or vanilla or anything else.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 17:52:03 )

@Totalanimefan: That sounds like when my SO had it, he got his back a few days after he felt better.
Hopefully, you'll feel better soon. It def not fun to be sick at all.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 21:31:49 )

@PoeticTorment: Yeah my husband went to the Dr today because his acid reflux was just too much and was one day 3.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/12 23:08:35 )

@Totalanimefan: Ah. Poor guy! Did they give anything to help that?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 00:38:44 )

@PoeticTorment: I know, he's just suffering, barely eating and barely sleeping cause of it.
They gave him meds that should help, but the problem is he can't start it until the morning because it's a once a day slow release and the Dr said to have it in the mornings. I hope that he will be able to sleep tonight. For dinner we had an English muffin with a fried egg and a small amount of avocado. It was very good but just even that little amount of food was a lot for his stomach. The Dr said it's a very common Omicron/Long COVID symptom now.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 01:25:56 )

@Totalanimefan: That's not good. I hope you guys get over it quickly.
Have you thought about trying protein powder? Especially the kind with the vitamins?
Most of them can be made with water or stuff like almond milk so it might be easier on his stomach.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 14:38:50 )

@PoeticTorment: I will look into that. He was able to take the medicine this morning. We will see in 30 mins. He is sleeping right now. He had 4 nights of horrible sleep with the acid.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 14:45:52 )

@Totalanimefan: That's good. Hopefully, it'll help well.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 16:26:42 )

@PoeticTorment: I'll try it for lunch for him if/went he wants to eat.
He has hives now. Apparently that's also an Omicron long covid symptom.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 01:53:00 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh dear. Is the medication something he's had before? It could also be it so keep an eye out if it's something he hasn't had before.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 02:17:11 )

@PoeticTorment: the Dr thinks it’s the meds even though he has had it in the past and was ok on it. Must be the heightened stress levels + the meds?
Dr said to stop taking it and gave us another med to take instead.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 04:07:31 )

@Totalanimefan: It's very possible! Stress can cause things like eczema and allergy hives to flare so wouldn't surprise me if there's a small allergic reaction to a medication cause with the weaker immunity as well?... Not really a good mix. Hopefully, this ones better!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 15:25:57 )

@PoeticTorment: Exactly what I thought as well. But it sucks because once you have an allergic reaction to something, you are allergic to that from now on. So he can probably never have that medicine again. :(
So far it seems like this one is better. It's only been an hour.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 17:32:52 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah. It could be something he's been growing into as well without knowing cause that's really common too.
It's good this one is helping more. Hopefully, it'll keep working well.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 18:15:15 )

@PoeticTorment: Yeah we gave him Benadryl last night so that will be in his system for 24 hours.
Dr also gave us emergency pills for him to take if he has an allergic reaction again cause the OTC stuff like Benadryl takes an hour to work and that's not good if someone's throat is closing up.
Hopefully it will. He said that he still feels the acid after a meal even though we have been having very bland stuff.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 18:51:33 )

@Totalanimefan: That's good. Hopefully, it'll help. Poor guy. It sucks when you get that sick.

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.