Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange {S} orb items {B} New crate items 5K?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/23 22:19:27 )

@PoeticTorment: I would be in the freak out camp. I would feel like it was for forever.
What kind of things would you eat when you couldn't taste anything? Could you smell at all?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/23 22:39:39 )

Head In The Clouds~ (Ping Please!)

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, kinda hard not to cause it really felt that way. Lol Mostly oatmeal and some soups. I tried to eat some regular meals too but being unable to taste made me tend to just inhale everything down as quickly as possible so I wouldn't be super bothered with it. And nope! Not at all. *^*; I even avoided going out and wore my mask but it was my SO who brought it home so yeah.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/23 23:57:44 )

@PoeticTorment: I heard that some of people's favorites were super gross without being able to taste them. Like Mac and Cheese for example.
That's another difficult thing. You can't really leave the house and since you feel like crap you don't want to leave the house.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 00:45:29 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah! Like it changes everything, bad. *^*
Yep! We had to have stuff delivered just so we'd have stuff to eat on.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 17:18:18 )

@PoeticTorment: That sounds super awful. I hope I don't get it, and I hope that you don't get it again. It sounds like at least you don't have long covid. I think that's terrifying.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 19:17:47 )

@Totalanimefan: I wish no one gets it. It's honestly the worst. *^* Plus, it's pretty telling when you get it...
My SO was stuck home for a week but only really felt sick for a few days.
Same with the kiddo so I had the longest fight with it but nothing like some others.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 20:18:35 )

@PoeticTorment: I have heard some of the horror stories of people like a year later and they are still sick. They can't really walk around, can't taste, weird side effects. I think that's horrible.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/24 23:41:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah, it can be really bad! Like jaw pain after recovery is one. My aunt had it and ended up in a coma because of how bad she had it. Almost died 3 times and is still fighting symptoms.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 00:07:00 )

@PoeticTorment: Oh my gosh, I hope that she turns out ok. That's really scary.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 00:19:32 )

@Totalanimefan: As far as I know, the symptoms are going away but very slow so she's working on it and being extremely careful not to get it again.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 01:25:09 )

@PoeticTorment: That's good. I'm sure she has a lot of anxiety around the virus. :(

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 02:16:04 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it's very stressful for her. I'm just glad she made it through.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 02:39:06 )

@PoeticTorment: Speaking of not in good health, I fell this afternoon, slipped on a step and fell on my knee, I'm resting it and seeing a Dr tomorrow.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 03:56:46 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh no! I hope it's nothing serious and that you feel better soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 04:02:01 )

@PoeticTorment: Thank you. I don't think I will need surgery or anything like that. I think that I will have to wear a brace and stay off my feet for a while. I walk a lot, so I'm sure the Dr will tell me not to. ^^;

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 04:20:12 )

@Totalanimefan: NP Oh, well hopefully it gets better quickly. I'm sure that much be painful. And it's probably for the best to stay off it anyway.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 04:21:30 )

@PoeticTorment: Yeah my husband is doing a lot of the cleaning cause his parents are coming tomorrow, and I feel horrible that I can't help. I did already clean the bedsheets, the towels and their bathroom. But I was going to vacuum and clean other stuff and he's doing it now after a full day of work.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 04:25:41 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh, that's too bad. But it's not like you could help it and I'm sure he understands.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 04:31:56 )

@PoeticTorment: Yeah agreed. And I'm glad that I did what I did, but I wish I could have done more ahead of time, but no one could have known this was going to happen to me. I was even like should I vacuum today? No I should it to tomorrow because we have two animals and it will be furry by tomorrow night lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/25 05:48:24 )

@Totalanimefan: Very true. And at least you got some done. Lol Yeah, animals tend to leave hair everywhere. I know mine does.

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.