Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Saturday Night

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 01:13:28 )

@Bonnie: oh here I was thinking it was new lol. How’s your day been?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 01:16:39 )

@Totalanimefan: it's been good! yeah it was released a couple of months ago. sometime in october so it's lost that "new" buzz since it's a netflix film.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 01:20:31 )

@Bonnie: I guess that wasn’t that long ago but it is for Netflix. How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 01:21:30 )

Oh I just realized the it’s been good was about your day and not the movie lol

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 01:27:09 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah how was your day? i'm rude i didn't ask back! but speaking of netflix....lately it has been messing up. it didnt load at all yesterday

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 02:22:21 )

@Bonnie: It's ok cause I misunderstood anyway haha
That's weird. I wonder if it's down? My day was good but a lot. My husband became a American citizen today! But on a personal level I seem to have a lot of anxiety that's weighting on me. I think it's a combo of life coming fast in all the ways that it can.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 14:13:44 )
@Totalanimefan: I saw that one before, actually, and yes, it was creepy :3
LOL - I get that. You tend to get attached to a particular actor's take on a character, and Tennant is goooooood...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 17:37:12 )

@Totalanimefan: YAY~ congratulations hubby! which country did he originate from if you don't mind me asking? and yes, anxiety is too much sometimes. now that i am medicated for the time being i can deal with it a bit better. but it is still and upscale battle.

do you have techniques that help you keep it at bay? do you have panic attacks?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:10:54 )

@Bonnie: It's ok. He's from the UK! We meet there :)
That's good. I wonder if I should, I know it's a big change cause I was on one in 2012. It's weird how it makes you feel at first. I just asked a local therapist if she was accepting new clients yesterday. So that should help.
Sometimes I do have them, but not always. I had one for the first time in a while over my dog passing. For keeping anxiety at bay I try the breathing exercises. I feel like that work pretty well. The one that doesn't seem to help me but is really popular is to name a color and try and find it in the room. Kinda like an I Spy with yourself. I do like the one when you see letters around you and instead of reading them you say the letters that you see in front of you. So
How are you? You would read as H-O-W A-R-E etc etc. Uses a different part of your brain so it can help calm you down.

@Wildfire: Oh you have seen that one haha. That's the one I watched in my neighbor's house totally not knowing it was going to be scary. And then like a month later I went to PA to see family and one of them lives by a graveyard and there was a few angel statues that looked like the ones from the episode!!! I didn't like it at all!
Yes totally! I think it's so good. I watched a lot of stuff from the BBC that he had done before or during his time as the Dr. There is this show called Blackpool that I watched with him it in and it was funny cause my BF at the time was from Blackpool and it's close to where I went to school in England. There was also a 2 part series called Secret Smile and gosh his acting was so good there. He played a great bad guy.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 04:59:29 )

@Totalanimefan: one thing that i learned about that worked is when you're having a panic attack is to find a comfortable place to sit on the floor and imagine that you are stuck on the ground and do nothing. you have to let the fight or flight response pass. it was really effective.

some thing i do when i start to feel the anxiety come on is to go into my car and lay back in the seat all the way and just sit. not think about anything at all and just chill. i usually get back right within minutes.

trying to stop it doesn't seem to work for me.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 14:39:51 )
@Totalanimefan: lol, yeah, I saw that one. I can completely see why and how it would freak you out a bit if you're in a strange house overnight :3

I haven't heard about or seen those shows, but maybe I'll look them up. I really liked David Tennant in Hamlet. He was absolutely amazing in that role.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 16:09:40 )

@Bonnie: yeah I heard that you can’t stop it if you feel it coming. You just have to let it happen in the best way you can.
I like your ideas.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 16:10:52 )

@Wildfire: I was closing all the window treatments lol
He is so good at that. I was gonna see him live in Much Ado About Nothing in Sept 2011 but other stuff went down so I couldn’t see him T-T

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 16:35:34 )
@Totalanimefan: lol - I bet you were closing all the window treatments and staying towards the center of the house too! (amazing how that's our instinct when things get scary, huh?) XD

Awww - that would have been a wonderful thing to experience. I'd love to see him "live". I'm sorry that you missed out on that.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 17:00:59 )

@Wildfire: Yes. There was a person that I babysit for in high school and they had big sliding glassdoors that over looked a small lake and there were no window treatments and damn it was scary. It wasn't something you thought about when it was light out, but then when it was dark and it was like you were staring into a dark abyss, no thank you.

Thanks. I was even in London too, but the trip was cut short cause I had no where to stay.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 23:52:43 )
@Totalanimefan: oh... yeah... that would be a little daunting to look out on to a dark abyss like that. It might be something if there were lights in a garden, maybe, but seeing just a dark "nothing" at night would definitely take some getting used to!

Oh... that sounds like a story. I'm sorry you missed him, and that your trip went wonky :(

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 01:01:42 )

@Totalanimefan: yes. and i was scared to try it the first time. but it really worked. you just steel yourself and remind yourself that your body just needs time to realize that it is safe. and you do nothing and minutes go by and you're good. unlike when i was panicking trying to breathe slowly and it made it worse.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 04:12:05 )

@Wildfire: once I noticed it while I was babysitting I couldn’t be in the living room anymore
Yeah it is. I don’t know if I have the mental strength to talk about it on the internet.

@Bonnie: yes I hate how long it takes to get through one. I just tell myself it won’t be like this forever.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 04:21:31 )

@Totalanimefan: it certainly does feel like forever...and in the worst way possible. but they are a fact of life and they are not forever. so we will persevere~

bloop

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 14:00:22 )
@Totalanimefan: lol. I can imagine. :3
It's ok and I'm not really asking what the story is, but it definitely sounds like one! I hope it wasn't too bad an experience for you.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.