Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Saturday Night

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 17:25:58 )

@Bonnie: True facts. I'm meeting with a potential new therapist. So I hope we are a good match for each other.

@Wildfire: Um kinda, but also it was 10 years ago. ^^;
I like your new avatar! It's very pretty.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 20:26:08 )
@Totalanimefan: lol. No need to dredge up things from 10yrs ago ;)
Thank you. It's not very festive, but it works for now :3

How are you doing today??

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 23:08:53 )

@Wildfire: I just love how it's very seasonal but also colors you couldn't expect. Makes me want to stare haha.
Today was good. Went to the store and got us food, always good. I cooked up some recipes but also wanted to keep it simple. Tomorrow morning I think I'ma make French toast. Been craving it with the thought of the holidays and the cold weather that's upon us (Well, maybe not FL)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 13:44:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Ahh, thank you. I don't feel particularly holiday-ish or seasonal with this avi but I do think it's kinda cute. Thanks for the compliment - I'm glad you like it :3 <3

I should probably go get a few groceries too... ugh.
What other things are you looking to cook?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 19:12:24 )
    French toast is one of my favorites to make with old bread--especially a baguette/cuban bread that is a few days old. My parents used to make it with raisin bread so it was a bit like a custard-y cinnamon roll.

Lately I've just been eating congee because it's easy but I have some dough rising in the fridge for pizza.

It's not quite cold enough to make those comfort foods like stews and heavy soups.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 19:50:18 )

@Wildfire: Green and red is overrated :) Yours is like very Hyggie.
French Toast was made this morning and it was so good. I'm keeping it simple this week. Got a rotisserie chicken so we had that with rice and veggies yesterday. Today I'll have it as a main with a different side, haven't decided yet. Once it's pretty much used up I will make chicken noodle soup. It's one of my favs but the store bought ones always have onions so I have to make my own if I want some.
Another meal will be bacon, egg, and bell peppers in a tortilla. Sometimes I do the egg scrambled, sometimes fried and I also normally leave it meat-free but I have some left over bacon. Oh and I also got an avocado so I'll put that in there as well. If I could eat onions I would think onions would go well in the dish.
There is a Dahl that I buy that's onion-free so I'll have that with homemade curried couscous (Not the pearled one) and that's good as well. Broccoli and Mac and Cheese also sounds good to me this week. Last week I made homemade Tomato soup and homemade grilled cheese and it was pretty good.

@blue: I did end up making French Toast today and it hit the spot. You should have come over and I would have fed you too haha.
I love it with baguette style bread. There is an independent bakery around here that does French baked foods and the have a sesame baguette that is just prefect for French toast.
Yum are you going to make pizza tonight? We had a bad cold front in Nov and I made Pot Roast that week and it was amazing. When it's warm something like that is the last thing that I want. ^^;

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 20:10:28 )
@Totalanimefan: lol - I wasn't thinking that when I was putting it together, but yeah - you're right! <3 :3

That sounds like a pretty good menu overall! And kuddos for you for putting together a menu! :3

Last night I made sheetpan sausage & meatballs with sweet bell peppers on top of rice (or in a tortilla as my youngest is fond of doing) for dinner for the guys (I had a sweet potato, basically). I had a banana for breakfast this morning, and some chicken with a salad (oil & vinegar) for lunch. I have a bone broth (chicken/turkey) going in the IP now. I'll make a soup with that tonight (or maybe tomorrow), and I'll do some kind of chicken and green beans for dinner tonight (I have a big package of chicken that needs to be used today). Beyond that, I promised my youngest to make him a chili, but I keep forgetting to either soak the dried beans, or get things started early enough in the day to make that realistically happen. And I'll do a cabbage stirfry thing at some point soon, and plantains and black beans...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 02:52:19 )

@Wildfire: Thanks. I feel like I can't just wing it or I buy too much or things they thrown away. We almost never through food out. MAYBE one whole garbage bags worth per year.
That all sounds pretty good! I love making salads, but when it's been cold here last it has been, I find myself not in the mood. In the summer I have like 4+ a week. I also like using my IP. That's how I make the chicken noodle soup.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 03:58:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I don't like throwing out food either... it's just ... I dunno, but I can't do it (obviously I will do it because being food poisoned is really zero fun, but it bugs me every time. At least now it goes in the compost for later use.)

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 04:41:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

my plans is just art work, so I'm free to chat lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 16:28:43 )

@Wildfire: I never want food poising. It’s the worst! And sometimes I think of it like this you might save $5 eating that risky food but if you are sick and have to miss a day of work it costs you much more than $5 in lost wages. But we do try to only buy what we will use. I’m sure it’s harder with more people in the house. It’s just my husband and I except when I cook for guests.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 16:29:33 )

@MoodyB: oh nice! I’m hoping tonight I can start wrapping gifts but I’m not sure lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 16:34:48 )
@Totalanimefan: Exactly... and yes, sometimes food gets buried or reshuffled (and therefor lost) in the fridge just because there are 4 adults going through things there...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 16:38:22 )

@Wildfire: that would happen to my fam growing up. But also I think my mom just bought too many BOGOs at Publix cause she couldn’t resist a deal lol. Even back in the 2000’s she would drop like $200-$250 at Publix lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 16:42:11 )
@Totalanimefan: OMG - that's a huge amount of food for back then. Unless your family was huuuuge or you did a lot of entertaining. How far did that get your family - how often did your mom go shopping?

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/10 21:53:52 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: lol well i hope you are able to.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/11 05:56:51 )

@Wildfire: Once a week. Like I said, my mom would buy too much. But also we like NEVER ate out and my dad did eat a lot back then, but still. Too much food.
@MoodyB: Thanks. Ended up not doing it, but tomorrow it's my only plan. I saw a Christmas concert instead.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/11 14:10:08 )
@Totalanimefan: That's a lot of money spent on food for family, for a week, for back then.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/11 15:29:19 )

@Wildfire: yeah I like it was like a full 5 mins for us to just move the food from the car to the kitchen lol.
What is the pricing at Publix like now or do you shop somewhere else?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/11 15:52:05 )
@Totalanimefan: Food prices are just insane no matter where you shop, tbh, but I've started going to Costco and even Walmart more often lately, but even those places aren't necessarily the best prices - sometimes Publix has better deals. I'm sure you're running in to similar things where you are. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.