Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout So light em up up up

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:31:22 )
@Juneberry: I am currently illustrating a kids book and have some commissions lined up.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:31:23 )
Lol yes. Constantly being carded is less fun though.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:32:33 )
@Another Movie Addict: I don't drink much and when I do I let the tall folk buy my drinks :vanora_xd:

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:33:11 )
@Saeyra: I don't drink much either, but I'm forced to go buy my mom's and uncle's beer all the time.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:33:31 )
@Shadami: Can you cook my share too so I don't actually have to be near the fire besides hiding behind Tuijp?

@Saeyra: Oooh! I wanna see it when it's done~ I can't draw. >w< Also how do you find commissions? I suck at it so far. Reminds me I found some contests to look at though. Blargh. Why am I so lazy today?

@Another Movie Addict: Fun thing about New Jersey: no one really cares about those rules. I go into the liquor store all the time by my self and never get carded. I buy myself some hard cider, some lottery tickets... They're used to me now once in a blue moon. But seriously, they have NEVER carded me. I kinda can't help wondering how no one's been arrested there yet.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:35:04 )

@Juneberry: haha, sure thing :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:35:21 )
@Juneberry: There was a store that used to not card me, but one of their workers got busted by cops for doing that. So now they're like scared to do that.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:37:52 )
@Another Movie Addict: I remember when I went to Vegas with family... They didn't even bother carding us, they just flat out kicked my cousins and me out for standing on the carpet of our own hotel. One of said cousins was in her late twenties/early thirties already. She was in her 30s when I was 18 anyway...I think she's around 40s now? Iunno anymore. BUT SERIOUSLY. They just kicked her off the floor and she's like "I'm a lawyer for crying out loud."

@Shadami: Many thanks to you! I am now safe and sound~ Also, a lovely name you have. Random note is random, I know.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:39:01 )
@Juneberry: Roflmao, that sucks and all but that sounds hilarious.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:39:17 )

Sorry I vanished, went to get nachos. If I missed something I apologize.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:40:30 )
@Another Movie Addict: It really was. When I had in home counselling once, she came over and when she left my therapist just turned to me like, 'your little cousin is a cute kid.' ...It was fun seeing her face when I told her it was a way older adult than me. :'D
@Boss Rimi: Welcome back! Mind if I snack on your nachos with you as an apology? I kid, of course... But can I anyway?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:41:18 )
@Juneberry: Uhmm lots of self advertising I suppose. There are request threads that you can go to and say "hey I can do that" and then show your work, and they are like "looks cool I want one" BAM! You have a commission. Mostly its alot of self improvement and self learning until you are good enough to really have a marketable product.

The story of the book is abit silly, its about this kid who has an apple tree and he doesn't wanna share the apples from it. Eventually he is left all alone with rotting apples everywhere. His mom then tells him that gifts he owns are meant to be shared. So he shares and makes alot of friends, the end. It all rhymes and everything too.

Always ping me please.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:41:31 )
@Juneberry: That poor woman. Omg. Does she get told she needs to get to class whenever she goes near a school?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:44:24 )

@Juneberry: Oh thank you :] I've had the name for years. It's just me at this point ^-^

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:44:58 )

@Juneberry: Sure thing. They have jalapenos but I can eat those if you don't like them. That's fine. :)

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:46:49 )
@Saeyra: My main skills are writing and editing, and I'm not sure anyone would need that. I should look in that area to see if I can find some! But I'm actually talking more commissions for physical pay. But... Doing some that aren't for offline money would still be good for building my skills more and maybe getting some contacts/people who can vouch for me~ I wouldn't know how to price things though. :'D I also just like helping people~

It sounds like a really nice book to me. And most children's books are at least a little silly~

@Another Movie Addict: I wouldn't know since we're not as close anymore and she rarely has had reason to go near schools I think... But I wouldn't doubt it happening xD

@Shadami: Just you or not doesn't change it's awesome. :D How'd you come up with it? Any memory of that? o3o

@Boss Rimi: I'll let you enjoy those, yeah. I'm bad with spicy things most of the time. I'm getting better with some level of it but... jalapenos and I so far are still a no go! >w<

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:47:45 )
@Juneberry: Gotcha. Lol that's still funny though.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:48:04 )

Shadow + Kitami. A couple in a story I was co writing with my best friend through school. We've got piles of notebooks of story dialogue and notes and lore. But we haven't been able to work on it in awhile.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:49:24 )
@Shadami: Aww, it's a nice background though! I've seen Shadow as a name, but never Kitami. I need to go look into its background. Though it may not have one, I can't say~ I love things like name meanings and such x3

@Another Movie Addict: True, very true! What about you? Any notably entertaining stories from size deficiency? xD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 01:50:58 )
@Juneberry: Nothing like that honestly. Although when I had to spend time in a psych hospital this little 16 year old girl kept close to me, she thought I was the same age as her. I was 25. I'm not embarrassed about my time in the hospital.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.