Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts THE · NOSTROMO

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:15:02 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Well, I suppose that's not too bad. At least the good part about being busy is that time goes by quickly. c:
Thankfully, it's fairly easy to rack up volts. I'm excited to see what the events and event items will look like, once all that stuff gets going!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:26:35 )
@Vii: Kind of makes it to fast. Sometimes it makes it go slower.

I am so pumped for events and event items. Especially the welcome event that's been mentioned!

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:28:26 )
@AelloTyphoeus: True, I've had some crazy hecting mornings where I thought time had flown, but then I'd look at the clock and only an hour had gone by... xD

Oh, I didn't even see anything about a welcome event! But then again I just kind of scan over the announcements sometimes without really even reading what they say. oTL I'll have to go look o:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:36:43 )
@Vii: It may have been in the discord, but I know one was mentioned as upcoming as a welcome thing to let us get to know the NPCs. I'm not sure if they've said a date yet or not.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:52:13 )
@AelloTyphoeus: I found it in the September announcement (tempted to call it leaflet lol) but there's no date attached yet. They did say it was this month, though, so probably in a couple weeks! o:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:54:44 )
@Vii: Hopefully, but I'd almost rather they take their time and get all the commons updated so far before launching an event with possible event items.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:58:33 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Agreed, I keep peeking into the shops to see if any new commons have dropped yet. Those typically don't take very long to get together, though, so we'll see. It will be nice when we can all have avatars that are a bit more diversified. xD Right now it's in that stage of everyone more or less looking the same c':

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:11:42 )
@Vii: Yeah. It'll happen. I know they've got quite a few items already loaded into he sydtem, they just haven't made them public yet cause some of them still have a few bugs. But we did get a new Smile and a new hair alrwady, so maybe by the end of the week?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:17:24 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Oh, yeah. It's pretty early and I imagine they're still getting their layers sorted out too, and will continue to do so as items are released for a while. Though it's always easier to stay organised from the start and keep track, than to have to go over them all again later, like we're having to do over on Sapherna. xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:21:47 )
@Vii: Ohs? I've never been on Saph. It just seemed to old for me to get into when I lost my other sites. But I know that they're releasing items her now and are later going to attempt to alter the layering system some to allow for more free layering and the ability to wear multiples of one layer.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:31:07 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Well, that's kind of funny as it's only a few years old. Despite that, it's still very early in its development stages as well, having only one game and still no dedicated engine. However we do have devs who are working on cleaning up the back end, fixing the problems we have now, and indeed the layers are being fixed to allow things to layer more smoothly. It's taken a lot of time, though, and there are plenty of items which simply can't be fixed until the layers are re-arranged. c': Different hairs, clothes and accessories all have different layers that have gotten mixed up as more have been crammed in between. oTL

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:45:05 )
@Vii: Yeah, I was thinking about making that avatar an OC, but I'm not really sure how I'm going to do the paws for her feet. But chances are, it probably won't happen. And thank you. :) I'm still working on her backstory though.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:48:11 )
@Vii: Ahhs. I think it was shortly before I found out about Voltra actually, so earlier this year. I have a habit of questing for everything, and it seemed that some of the earlier items would be completely out of my reach. I mean I can't art so that's out of the question, and it seemed like it already had it's cliques and stuff so I wasn't sure if I could find a place to fit in.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:51:35 )
I shall he;p you reach that 10k goal by posting a shit ton with you :D

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 23:58:15 )
@Queen Prisma: True, there aren't any food paw items that I can think of besides maybe Lunar Champion? Bastet's Blessing has a cat body base, but it's the whole body and not green / black either.c': But Lunar Champion is older and harder to come by too.

@AelloTyphoeus: I see. It is true that most of the older items are really hard to come by, largely because a lot of people hoarded them and no longer come around. c': We're trying to get more of them out into circulation, but I can't really blame you. It can feel disconcerting to see a bunch of cool items you'd like but will probably never get to have, and just doesn't seem worth it when everyone already has their own thing going. c: Despite being a mod there I'm honestly not very active in the forums myself. I lurk a lot and simply keep an eye on things.

@Austiderps: Awesome, thank you! And how are you derping today? o 3o

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:01:36 )
@Vii: It didn't help that I then found Voltra was in development and was looking at opening this year. At that point, I just figured I would patiently wait. It seems to be working out well for me.

BTW, how far away from 10k are you?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:03:54 )
@AelloTyphoeus: It is really nice to be with a site from the beginning and watch it grow. It also helps to be able to collect items from the start and more or less keep up with the expansion. c':

I'm almost at 4k right now, so just a little over 6k away! I think it's 50 volts per post, so what would that be, another 120 posts? Whoo! I could totally do that today lol c':

glares over at disgusting pile of dishes and messy kitchen that I need to clean

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:06:54 )
@Vii: I some how got that item, and I don't know how I did though, but I didn't like the black on it. Its a much lighter shade than the paws, and it drives me nuts. If it was darker, then it would be perfect.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:11:27 )
@Vii: It does. I'm planning on hopefully donating $25 a month or maybe some more do that I can get enough donation items to sell later when we get more member. Hopefully I'll be able to keep inflation on the items down as well.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:26:58 )
@Queen Prisma: Oh, cool! Yeah, it's Black rather than Obsidian like the paws. And even some of the colours that are supposed to be the same appear different when viewed side by side (mostly on older items), but that's yet another thing in progress--all the gradients are getting reworked. We almost have too many colours now, though, if you ask me. xD

@AelloTyphoeus: Alas, I wish I had more money to spend this month, but I was an idiot all these past two months. xD But hopefully I can donate a decent enough amount as well. I'm still holding onto one Alpha Crate and can hopefully manage to hold onto a couple of the individual sets to sell later on. cB Definitely a good plan, though!

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.