Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts THE · NOSTROMO

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 06:23:46 )
@ChemicalDivision: -Fluffy screeches wanting treats-

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 06:24:41 )
@Queen Prisma: What do you give him then? I'm fresh out... of...whatever he gets... lol *pets fluffy some more*

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 06:27:53 )
@ChemicalDivision: I usually give him scraps of raw meat. He loves it! But I'd cook the chicken though. He loves beef, just stating that now. -Fluffy drools at hearing the word beef-

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 06:39:52 )
@Queen Prisma: Wow. I would love to see your full process. I would also love to even try my hand at pixel dolls for myself, but I don't know where to look for free bases. Any recommendations?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 07:01:40 )
@AelloTyphoeus: All I can say is that you can join me on Skype and I can do a pixel live stream for you on there. Its the best way of showing my process, really.

DeviantART is one, you can find a ton of free pixel bases on there. I had a few, but I took it off since I kinda freaked and was gonna try and quit. Pink Land, KawaiiHannah (really popular with people starting out on pixel bases), and Pixistar are a few base sites that I've found though various searches.

I mostly use Paint Tool Sai for my work, and found this for erasing any stray pixels or oopsies. There are a ton of free pixel making apps on Google play, but I can't give you a recommendation on what to use for those. I usually use Piskel for my animations, if I don't directly do it in Sai and upload the frames to gifmaker. The good thing about this one is that you can save it as its own file and stuff. You can even save the frame process too. :) You can upload pixel base files to it as long as it isn't save as a .psd or .sai file. The only downfall is that there is no cropping. :(

I saw Pixilart thought an add on Facebook, but I never checked it out. I'm not sure if you can do the same thing as you can with Piskel though...

If anything, good ol' MS paint can be your friend on pixel art. :) Just make sure the file isn't a transparent .png file. ^^;; It will black out the background, and if the line art of the base was black, say good bye if you clicked the background to white.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 07:20:08 )
@Queen Prisma: Thanks. Does Sai actually cost anything? If not, sweet! If so, approx how much?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 07:22:50 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Err.... I kinda got mine for free. ^^;; I did actually look it up to see how much it was, but it was in UK moneys. Plus I don't remember how I found the website. I can send you the file by email, if you want. I have the zip file on my google drive some where.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 07:35:24 )
@Queen Prisma: Now to just find a base I enjoy and that won't be too hard to work with.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 07:44:28 )
@AelloTyphoeus: My only recommendation is to start off with either a medium or large base. You can try for a small base too, if you want to. Just make sure to look up tutorials on how to pixel things too. Its really helpful. :) Also, try to make color pallets of what you are working with on various shades. Its really helpful that way.

Start off with one of these bases.
Simple chibi base
Plush Bunny Icon Base
Icon base 1
Icon base 2

Oh! Forgot to mention this, use layers on pixel art! It is really important that you do that or you might end up erasing part of the base if you did an oopsie! Trust me, I've done that countless times. xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 07:52:56 )
@Queen Prisma: I agree with the idea of starting with a larger base as I will suck to begin with. Also ALL THE TUTORIALS!!! And learning how to actually use layers, that will help too.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 07:57:26 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Oh yeah, definitely. :) If you want to, we can do a skype session and I can show you how I do things. Sunday might be the best day for me to do that. I don't have anything planned that day.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 08:28:04 )
@Queen Prisma: Unfortunately I'm busy on sunday. And I've played with layers in photoshop. I'll probably end up playing around some tonight and see if I can guess my way lucky.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 18:03:39 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Its all good. Maybe some other time then.
And yeah, that is all you really can do with that stuff. You just have to play around with it and hope for the best.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 18:09:43 )
@Queen Prisma: Morning! *looks at Fuffly* Morning Fluffy!

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 18:18:45 )
@ChemicalDivision: Morning.
-Fluffy is chewing on something-
-Fluffy screeches and gives you a lick on your cheek-

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 18:21:15 )
@Queen Prisma: What's your day look like? Aello and I are going to a wedding 3 hours away and then coming home again. It'll be fun though, its for a close friend. :)
My awesome Art

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 18:32:26 )
@ChemicalDivision: Well, at the moment, I have to clean the bathroom and the kitchen. After that, I need to finish up on some pixel art for an art trade. Around noon, I'm probably gonna go out and play some pathfinder with a group. Fun fun.
I hope you have fun at the wedding at least. :) Those can always be fun.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 19:46:34 )
@VEE: The whole movie has some surprising hits of wisdom, for which it was totally underrated. cB

Aaand to everyone else, good morning, and sorry I've been gone the past few days! I've literally been playing Destiny, working, and sleeping since Tuesday. xD How's everyone doing? o:

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:08:22 )
@VEE: That would be Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, with Alex Winter(s?) and the ever beautiful Keanu Reeves. It's the epitome of 90's flicks about two high school friends who need to pass their History exam, or they flunk senior year. Naturally, they're hopeless, until a time traveler named Rufus shows up and gives them a time machine. 8D There are a few glaring holes which you'll probably notice if you ever watch it, but it's just charming and 'witty' and one of my favourites. ♥ It almost ruined Alex and Keanu's careers, though, because everyone thought they really were a couple of empty-headed high-school burnouts. c':
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 05:24:46 )
-sits on a bed petting Fluffy the xenomorph-
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.