Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 21:49:06 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay listened to what Violet had to say, and responded in an intelligent and knowing manner. There were a few times he had to stop her for an explanation of what something meant, but he always caught on after a short clarification.

After they were finished, Lindsay just sat down.

"...wow." he said.

"That... this is absolutely fascinating." he told her.

"To think that such travel is even possible. It's amazing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 22:01:04 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"It's something that was purely theoretical, and even while we were part of the crew that was sent to investigate the black hole that was nearing home, no one wanted the others to go through, but we were pulled through unexpectyedly - it seemed to grow while we were there, and before anyone could properly react and do what was needed for protection and avoiding being pulled in... we were puled in." Violet explained with a light sigh.

"Certainly not ideal, and I'm amazed that Emerald and I have survived."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 22:33:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Emerald?" Lindsay asked.

"My brother." Violet responded.

"Ohhh, I see." Lindsay replied.

"Pardon me." Tyson then interjected. "But may I get a small explanation as to what all you two discussed?" he asked.

"...." Lindsay was silent, before nodding.

"Of course." he replied.

"To truncate it down, she's an interdimensional traveller." he told him.

"....huh. I thought that was only done through doorways and mirrors, via portals." Tyson commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 22:39:47 )

Violet was silent for a moment.

"Apparently black holes are a means to do so as well." She commented before pausing a moment.

"Portals... Are still a thing here?" She then asked after a couple seconds, something akin to surprise in her voice

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 00:08:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"They are." Lindsay replied.

"As Agent King has said, through doorways or mirrors." he told her.

"....STILL a thing?" Ty then asked.

"You speak as though you know what they are, but they are a thing of the past." he continued.

"Is that accurate?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 00:16:55 )

"Assuming that wre are speaking of the same thing, then yes. What you said is accurate." Violet stated after a moment or two.

"But that is something that isn't too surprising. The world I am from... well, the mana is barely present, and what IS there, is oftentimes out to kill the people and things that live there. So we've a need to have barriers to stop any and all mana from getting to us." She explained.

"It's rather unfortuante, and was not easy for the world to adapt, but it is what it is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 00:33:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....that sounds horrible." Lindsay commented.

"Hm." Tyson muttered.

"Sounds radically different from the dimensions we've come to know of." he commented.

"That is true..." Lindsay agreed.

"Must mean you're a good number of 'ripples' out from us." he told Violet.

"Impossible to say how much, given what we've learned blackholes can do, as well." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 00:41:27 )

"I'm reasonably certain that there is no way to contact back home, either." Violet commented. "And there is no chance of GETTINg back home. It would likely take years, generations, to reach it with the current tech that this world has, as well. And we don't even know if the same black hole will return me to the same world, or if it's random." She sighed lightly.

"At least Emerald survived though." She then said. "Otherwise I'd be a very lonely girl."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 01:45:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....indeed." Tyson said.

"I'm sorry your other companion didn't survive." he said further.

"Hm?" Lindsay mumbled.

"Yes, the third passenger in that craft wasn't as lucky as Violet here, or Emerald." Tyson replied.

"He didn't look like he'd been properly strapped in, to be honest."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 01:53:58 )

Violet just sighed.

"That... Is because he wasn't." She said with a soft sigh.

"Em really won't take Crim's death easily." She commented, sighing again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 02:36:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Crim?" Ty asked.

"I'm guessing it stands for 'Crimson'." Lindsay replied.

"Oh?" Ty muttered.

"Well, I have hardly any evidence to back this up, but Violet's eyes are... well... they're the colour violet." he told Ty, before looking at the young woman.

"Or at least, that's what we call it here." he said.

"Her brother's name is Emerald, which I assume correlates to HIS own eye colour, so Crim must mean Crimson, as his eyes are probably reddish in hue." he finished reasoning.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 03:00:08 )

Violet nodded.

Precisely. There are different naming conventions all over the world, of course, but where we grew up, we got names to match our eye colours." She explained.

" I just happen to have blonde hair naturally, so I dye it to match." She added, referring to the almost indigo leaning Violet hair she had.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 03:14:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ahhh, I see, I see." Tyson responded.

"Which is fair enough." Lindsay said.

"Regardless, is there anything else I'm needed here for?" he then asked Ty.

"No, no, that was enough." Tyson assured him.

"Then I must be off." Lindsay said, before turning to Violet.

"It was lovely to meet you." he told her. "And most enlightening."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 04:14:53 )

"Pleasure to meet you too, Lindsay." Violet said with a soft smile before he'd left. After he was gone, she just sighed lightly.

"Well, at least I know where I am now." She commented.

"And that is quite nice to know, at that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 04:33:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's true." Tyson replied.

"I wish there was more we could do to help you." he then said.

"But for now, at least you know what happened to you." he went on.

"....and, well, for what it's worth, welcome to our dimension." he told her.

"From what you say, it's primitive compared to your own world, but we do what we can."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 04:44:07 )

'Honestly... being behind home in terms of tech is a good thing." Violet commented with a light sigh.

"But it's a thing that is just... a fact." She added.

"Plus, Lindsay gave me some information about how the mana here is still very much strong and abundant. Which is definitely a difference from what it was that I came from."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 04:55:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It is." Tyson replied.

"Mana is very much a large part of life here, whether or not one knows it." he told her.

"But tech has been advancing at an impressive pace." he continued.

"....although, given what you've said, that's a bad thing. At least it was where you're from." he then added.

"Which is weird." he said.

"Normally tech and mana work beautifully together."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 05:04:20 )

"Hopefully it's different here when the time comes." was all Violet said. She wasn't entirely sure ewhat else it was that would be best to say there.

"Anyhow, seems you've been handed a lot of information. Would you like to ask anything?" She then asked, wondering if he was lost on anything or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 05:18:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty crossed his arms over his chest and thought about it.

"Hm." he muttered.

"Well, here." he said, before bringing up a map of the world on his phone and handing it towards her.

"This is what OUR world looks like." he said.

"How different is it for you?" he asked.

"What's your planet look like in comparison?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/11 05:33:10 )

Violet accepted the phone, not having a hard time with the tech at all, before looking it over.

"Huh." She started

"Home is... not quite all together like what I assume this planet is theorised to have started as, but definitely not as spread out as this." She then said, recognizing a couple of the contintental shapes.

"And there are a couple islands not here, as well." She then said. "But beyond that, not all that different. Our water isn't blue though. It's more of a lavender."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.