Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The sanctuary

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 18:42:40 )

I used to go out walking with my big dogs (who are now gone), looking for fun things I could do pagan-y things with, take a ton of nature photos and pet photos, or if I felt like staying inside I'd knit, make jewelry, scrapbook, some kind of craft. But it's just gotten...pointless.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 18:46:14 )

Why is it pointless?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 18:50:33 )

Because all of it is just to fill empty hours. Anything I make would just be another item taking up space, that probably won't ever get used. I don't go on enough adventures for scrapbooking, my dogs are gone, and I've photographed my yard enough times that it's boring. It really doesn't matter what I do.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 18:51:56 )

You can make jewelry and sell them.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 18:53:21 )

I've tried that, they never sell. Had a storeenvy shop up for a while (I can't afford Etsy's fee), lol now I have a ton of keychains and earrings that no one wants.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 19:03:52 )

There is hope honestly. Sure it's sporadic, but I do get to go out from time to time. Lol like Tuesday, I'll be going to see the Avengers and might even have friends coming with. I'll be going to Deadpool 2 on the 18th. Going on an away trip in August. There might even be stuff in between all of that.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 19:23:50 )

Some more different activity sounds good

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 19:35:15 )

XD and of course the past few weeks have been adding in 'play with kitten' to the routine.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 19:45:02 )

More 'fighting off to keep the electronics save' by the sound of it

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 19:56:19 )

Yeah...>w> that's definitely part of it. Lol he came outside and chilled with me while I did some photographies. Still won't hold still long enough for me to get a shot of his face.

Also Socks is hiding in my room. My cousin's three year old is here.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 19:59:06 )

@Tuijp:

I am familiar with the keeping the electronics safe battle.

I have two dogs and one of them chewed apart TWO sets of earbuds of mine when we first got him (and a dreamcatcher that was given to me by a friend).

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:02:31 )

@Angelus: We relatively recently brought home a new kitten, and by we I mean me, and he's been an unholy terror on my electronics. He chewed through my: Headset (luckily I don't mic very often), mouse, and speakers. He also destroyed two pairs of my cousin's earbuds, but I'm okay with him having done that.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:05:29 )

@Another Movie Addict:
Damn. Lucky for him that you're apparently quite patient.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:07:17 )

@Angelus: I've had kittens and puppies before, I was prepared for the possibility that he'd eat something. Honestly, I'm more worried that he's going to shock himself one of these days.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:12:13 )

@Another Movie Addict:
Oh right, that's a legitimate concern especially if he's chewing adaptors plugged into the wall.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:19:13 )

@Another Movie Addict: I'd hide too
@Angelus: let me guess, young dog?
The pings won't work if you don't put anything directly after it.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:21:11 )

@Angelus: He's stepped on my surge protector's off switch a few times, turning everything off. So that worries me.
@Tuijp: Both cats are now hiding in my room.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:25:58 )

@Tuijp: We got him at 8 months.
He'll be 5 in October.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:41:29 )

So my mother isn't feeling very well right now. Because of the pain in her back and the numbness in her leg, she's been relying heavily on a cane to get around without falling. Well the strain of that tore up her shoulder something fierce. She's on some pretty heavy duty drugs for the pain. Which finally she found something that stops her back from hurting, but it doesn't help with her shoulder. So she's not been getting very good sleep, she'll be up literally for days. Finally she went to sleep a little bit ago. So of course my stupid fucking cousin brings over her stupid three year old. Who's being as loud as he can.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:55:47 )

@Another Movie Addict: can't really say I blame them
@Angelus: what kind of dog?
@Another Movie Addict: and you can't tell to go because your mother needs her rest?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.