Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Night Terrors

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 21:52:45 )

"Lady Encrae's gone." Was Wendy's reply.

"We were trying one of the thing methods that Chronos gave her, and ... it didn't work. If anything it's pissed, more likely to kill now." She continued before shaking her head.

"She's gone, as is Everett."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 22:06:31 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo's eyes widened, and his face paled.

"G...g... gone?" he asked.

She nodded in response.

"Oh... oh, no. Oh, no, no, no..." Leo muttered quietly.

"I need to... I need to see him." he then said.

"I need to see Chronos."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 22:11:39 )

". . . I don't envy you." Wendy commented after a moment or two.

"I just... I don't. He won't take that well." She said before shaking her head.

"I'm going ... go to try and make it so that I am not feeling quite so horrible."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 22:27:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo thought for a moment, before nodding.

"Right." he said.

"One moment." he told her.

He then scrambled to get a pad of paper and a pen, and wrote something down for her, handing it over.

"I am the second in command here, and this should get you some time off to recuperate, and it should expedite your treatment... ie: get you to the head of it all." he went on.

"....it's the least I can do." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 22:29:14 )

Wendy just nodded as she acce3pted what he'd held out to her.

". . . thank you." She said.

"Just... thank you." With that, she left. Leo was alone, and had to figure out how the hell to tell his boss, effectively, that the elf he appreciated far more than he said was gone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 23:33:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo just sighed deeply, and shook his head.

"Ugh." he muttered.

"Time to do this." he said.

Some time later, Miki and Tyson were back in their home, when Miki received a call from Sharp.

"...I need you to come into my office, ASAP." he said when she answered.

"I have someone here that is EXTREMELY insistent on meeting you, and they're NOT taking 'no' for an answer." he went on.

"How soon can you get here?" he asked.

Normally, when people made demands like that, Miki knew that Sharp would send them packing. The fact that he was acquiescing to it this time was very telling.

Either the situation was THAT dire, or the person was THAT powerful.

Or both.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/27 23:53:23 )

Miki was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I can be there within half an hour." She told him honestly.

"And that's assuming traffic is nice." She added, making sure he was aware that she was driving. Sometimes, she knew people assumed she could mana herself places, but she didn't have that skill.

"Is that satisfactory?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 02:03:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah... a half-hour you say?" Hal asked.

That's when she heard the conversation become a little muted and muffled. However, she knew she heard discussion, which turned into a heated discussion, which then seemed to turn into an argument, and then almost a shouting match.

"...this person is EXTREMELY insistent that you get here within the next few minutes." Hal sighed.

"I have explained that you do not have the usage of active mana for teleporting purposes, and they are saying they will teleport you here themselves." he went on.

"However, I do not care who it is, if you are not comfortable with that, then they will wait for you to drive here." he then said, conviction in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 02:05:23 )

Miki just sighed lightly.

"Only if I'm getting a lift back home afterwards too." She stated simply and plainly. If she wasn't taking her car, she was jot willing to be stranded there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 02:31:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was another pause.

"They have deemed that to be acceptable." Hal informed her.

"Now. They are also willing to let you get ready." he continued.

"Do you need time to get dressed or gather your things?" he asked.

"Or are you ready now?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 02:35:28 )

Miki took a look at her current clothing before sighing. The only thing she'd want would likely be some makeup, but going to the Unit wasn't really an issue.

"I'm good at any point." There was silence again.

"There will be a door next to you. Just go through it and you'll be here." Hal told her honestly. After she'd agreed and the like, the call was ended.

"Ty, I gotta head out for a bit." She said simply as she got to her feet.

"Not... sure how long or anything." She added after a moment or two. "I'll let you know once I know anything." She finished with as a door materialised in the wall she was by. She shoved her phone into her pocket, waved to Ty, and headed off for the door and through it.

She walked out on the other side, and sure enough she found herself in Hal's office.

"That... is definitely cool." She commented as she closed the door behind her.

"Now, what's going on?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 02:56:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Before Hal could answer, she saw a figure floating in the air off to the side, and THEY spoke.

"What's going on is that the Somnovore has now made things personal for me." they said.

"Somnovore...?" Hal muttered.

"SHE drew a picture of it." the figure said, gesturing to Miki.

"How did you know about it? How did you see it?" he asked her in a demanding tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 03:00:43 )

Miki just raised her hands defensively.

"I saw it when I got... more information than I had been looking for, from someone I'm close to." She told him honestly.

"At least now we know what it's called." She added after a moment or two, before pausing.

"Any tips on how to get rid of it?" She then asked. She wanted to ask who he was, but realised that it was something that woasn't necessarily needed at the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 03:16:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

This question seemed to anger the figure.

"I know of 5 ways, only 1 will work." he said. "The head of my Order decided to try one of them, and it has resulted in her going missing, and the creature is now angrier." he went on.

"As told to me by THAT one." he continued, gesturing to a male that she hadn't noticed. He looked younger, and was cowering slightly.

"I sense that you might know more about this creature, though." he then said to Miki, eyeing her suspiciously.

That's when she felt her shadow shudder slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 03:52:01 )

Miki was silent for a moment.

"Uhh..." She didn't know what to say for the moment before sighing lightly.

"I, personally, know nothing. I know about as much as Hal does, if not less." She started before looking over her shoulder for a moment.

"Now... the shadow that I acquired awhile... HE may have the information you seek."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 04:11:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The figure raised an eyebrow.

"Is that so." he said.

He then looked at her shadow, before it came to life, and moved over to a nearby chair.

"....never thought one of YOUR kind would bind to someone." the figure commented.

"Now... you going to tell me what I want to know? Or do I need to rewind you back to when you're nothing more than a fraction of a shade in what was once your host body?" he asked.

"I'll tell you, I'll tell you!" the shadow creature exclaimed, obviously scared.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 04:15:14 )

Miki was silent.

". . . never seen him squirm quite so much before." She commented.

"While he's not a detriment... he IS an ass, and this is quite a thing to see." She added before sighing. She had no idea what it was that was going to come next.

About fifteen minutes later, Miki just sighed.

". . . sounds like you gotta get ahold of Sierra. Is she still in the building, you think?" She asked Hal, her voice curious.

"I know she has a place on her own now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 04:35:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent, and sighed.

"I didn't hear half of that conversation." he said, referring to how he couldn't see the shadow creature, or hear what it said. "But if we need Sierra, I'll call her." he told her.

He then picked up his phone, and dialled her number.

"...it's Agent Sharp. Are you in the Unit, or home?" he asked when the line was picked up.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 04:36:53 )

"I... right... didn't... didn't think of that." Miki admitted after a moment or two.

Meanwhile, Sierra answered the phone and had a bit of a puzzled expression on her face.

"Uh... hold on." She said. The line went quiet and he heard a muffled conversation and a couple chimes before she returned.

"Sorry about that... and, neither but will be home in about fifteen or so. Why?" Her voice was super quiet, as really was expected from her.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/28 04:55:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I need to see you in my office, ASAP." he told her.

"How soon can you get here?" he asked, before the figure looked him over, causing him to sigh.

"Listen..." he said, before giving her the same spiel that he'd given to Miki.

"So... yes, if you're fine with that, you can have a direct passage to my office. You just need to tell me where you are." he explained to her.

"But only if you're comfortable with it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.