Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 08:13:29 )

She was making her way through the city. She'd decided to head to the store, due to needing to, but it wasn't something that she ad to do right pronto. Something about it though, she wasn't sure what it was, but there was something that was screaming at her to do it now.

So she was on her way to the store.

As she walked, she was silent, for some reason feeling more paranoid than she normally did. She didn't know what the cause was, couldn't see anything for the cause, but she was on edge. She hadn't felt quite like this since she'd found some blood in the kitchen... and her father missing.

"The hell...?" She asked the air quietly as she looked up to the sky. There was a storm coming in, and she knew that there would be a high chance that she'd be caught in it, but she didn't care. Honestly the blonde loved the rain. The colder it was, the better, even.

But she couldn't determine why she felt so paranoid for the moment. IT bothered her, but she tried to ignore it.

Even when the feelinggrew to be strong enough that she couldn't ignore it any longer. Mere moments before she felt a shift in the air.

"Who...?" She started before looking around. By the time she looked to move straight ahead again, she watched a tear form in the air ahead of her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 23:36:38 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

A tear in the air.

That was the only way to describe it. It literally looked like someone... or something... had caused the air itself to be torn asunder, and split. As the tear formed, the clouds above her began to darken, and quickly so. Almost at an alarming speed. She then heard some thunder in the distance, which meant that the storm would probably overtake her very soon. However, before she had a chance to properly process this, the split opened up and morphed into a circular shape, revealing a figure standing inside it. He was shadowed in black, and almost impossible to see... except for the sudden flashes of lightning that were now illuminating the area, and the figure.

The figure appeared to be a male, somewhere in his mid-20's. His hair was short and dirty brown... with a weird change to lavender as it went out, and it was a bit messy, but overall well-maintained. His eyes seemed to be a mesmerising lavender that matched his hair as well. He was well-dressed, with black slacks on, dark brown dress shoes, and a light grey dress shirt.

He very much looked like he was dressed for a business casual affair.

He stood in the portal for a mere moment, before gracefully stepping out of it... and bowing to her.

"It is an honour to finally meet you, Calysta Icesska." he said, his voice silky and smooth.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 23:44:19 )

The teen he'd greeted, Calysta, took a step back from him.

"Ah hell." She muttered, unexpectedly calm as she looked upon the one there.

"So you found me." She stated simply as she took a bit of a defensive position, the temperature around them dropping a few degrees. Some wind swept between them, rustling her jaw length light brown and blue hair as her ice blue eyes locked onto his lavendar ones.

After a moment, she froze.

His hair, his eyes.... She knew exactly who he was from tales that her father told her in order to prepare her for this, but also what he was.

She just didn't know which, specifically.

"Now what? I won't go willingly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 00:12:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man that was standing there looked at her... and smiled.

It was as silky as his tone, and it implied that he knew what he was doing... like he was thinking several moves ahead.

"I wouldn't expect you to." he said. "Not right away, anyway." he continued.

"After all, I just appeared out of nowhere, out of thin air? Yes, very strange." he reasoned.

"...." he was then silent, before smirking slightly.

"However..." he said further, trailing off a little and looking into her eyes, his gaze almost piercing.

"...what if I said I would be able to tell you more about your father?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 00:16:31 )

Calysta faltered, notably.

"I... wait... what?" She asked, her voice shocked, but definitely softer than it had been before.

". . . How woudl you know anything?" She then asked, showing that she still had distrust of him - as she rightly should. There was definitely something to her words and he was able to pick up on it, as it was an element that he was very well versed in, along with the distrust and defensive nature that was naturally there.

Granted, he also knew damn well that she'd want any information that she could get abotu the man that had gone missing a year prior.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 00:55:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just smiled.

"How?" he asked.

"Simple." he said. "I have a vast network of information and sources." he told her. "If something happens, or if there's talk of a noteworthy person... I hear of it." he continued.

"And your father is... well, he's noteworthy." he chuckled lightly.

He then gestured towards the portal with both his arms.

"You want answers, don't you?" he asked.

"They lie just beyond this gateway."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 00:58:39 )

Calysta was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Come now, I can take you right to him." He said as he noticed that she was still resisting. That seemed to be all that was needed though. She met his gaze, her ice blue eyes meeting his lavender ones.

". . . All right... " She said, some hesitation to her voice before stepping up.

"Lead the way then. I need to know what happened to him." Again, there was something to her voice, something that he could pick up on, but would sound more like just overall unease, or perhaps a cold, to everyone else.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 05:12:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just smirked.

"Away we go." he said.

The two of them then went through the portal, and she suddenly felt herself lifted off the ground, floating through the tunnel.

As they floated through, the man just smiled at her.

"I'm glad you decided to come rather peacefully." he said.

"It'd be a shame if I'd had to use force." he added.

Then, before she could answer, another 'tear' formed in one of 'walls' of the 'tunnel', and another figure popped out of the resulting hole.

He had slightly longer hair than the one she was with, and it was an earthy brown... but he had a streak of evergreen down one of his bangs... which matched the green hue of his eyes.

He was clad in a cloak that draped over one of his shoulders, and underneath it was a modest set of what looked to be hand-made clothing, woven from materials found in nature.

"Pardon the interruption." he said with a grin.

"YOU!" the first one exclaimed in an angry tone, quickly losing his composure.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 05:20:50 )

Calysta was silent as she looked to him.

". . Nature...." She said quietly, seeming to realise who he was by the streak and his eyes.

"I..." She started before shaking her head, bringing her hands up to it.

"Dammit! He got into my head!" She exclaimed, staggering back a couple steps.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 05:24:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You blasted elf!" the man shouted.

"S'cuse me." the elf responsed, flicking one of his pointed ears.

He then quickly grabbed Calysta by her shoulders, and started to pull her into the tunnel he'd created.

"She's coming with me." he told her.

The man growled, before extending his hand forward.

"HA!" he shouted, snapping his fingers.

Then... nothing seemed to happen, as the two of them disappeared into the tunnel, and it shut behind them.

"Figured I needed to act quickly." he told her as they quickly floated away from where she'd just been.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 05:31:19 )

Calysta was pulled away unexpectedly, but didn't fight him off. The elves presence was just exacerbating the inherent distrust of the man, so she went willingly.

"Thanks." She said as they traveled through the 'hall' that they were in. After a couple minutes, they left and arrived in a rather modest looking home. When she looked around, she saw two other elves there.

"Welcome home, Calysta." One of them said, the lighter toned of the two. Calysta looked over, waved, before freezing a moment.

"I don't have long." She said abruptly, looking between the three.

"Listen close. Firstly, my father is in this world somewhere, I swear. And I think Vyran has him. I was protected by Blood Magic, and should have been untraceable by him." She continued, speaking a bit quickly.

"I'm the Crux of Ice, if you don't already know." She continued before pausing, bringing a hand to her head.

"And Vyran.... .Vyran...." She started trying to get it out, but they could see her focus faltering.

". . . Ah shit..." Was the last thing she sdaid before she dropped, managing to stay conscious long enough that she fell back into the chair that was there, instead of hitting the floor.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 05:57:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Calysta!?" the one that had got her exclaimed, before the other male sighed.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"What is it!?" the first one asked.

"Looks like he may have gotten to her." the other one growled.

"Oh no..." the first male mumbled.

"Calysta? Are you all right?" he then asked the girl.

But she was gone. Unconscious.

"All we can do is let her rest now." the one muttered, shaking his head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 05:58:53 )

The female elf tehre just sighed.

"Adym, I assume we can leave her with you." She said, getting to her feet.

"Because Ceth and I should take off while we have teh chance." She added. "We both know that all of us together puts a rather large target on our backs for the moment." She paused before sighing, again.

"And... whatever happened to her, I don't think she'll react too well to three elves here. She grew up in the other world, after all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 06:14:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just sighed heavily.

"You're right, Xeri." he said.

"Don't worry." Ceth interjected. "We're always watching." he told him.

"...I know." Adym responded.

Ceth then looked to the female, and nodded.

"Let's go." he told her.

"The sooner we leave, the quicker we can make our rounds." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 06:16:04 )

Xeri just sighed lightly.

"We need to go and check on Laira again." She then said.

". . . her signal is getting weaker, has been for awhile." She added with a shake of her head.

". . . I fear that Vyran got her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 06:56:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........." Ceth was silent, before nodding.

"Right." he said.

"Goodbye for now, Adym." he told the other elf.

The two of them then left the modest dwelling, and he felt their presences vanish.

With that, he sighed, and looked at Calysta.

"...only time will tell what happens now." he mumbled.

"And I'm scared to find out." he added, before carrying the girl to his bed, so she would at least be comfortable.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 07:02:41 )

Adym was off doing something in the small kitchentte when he heard something from his room. He couldn't identify it, but it wasn't too hard to guess as to what it was.

Seemed Calysta was likely awake.

As he dried his hands off, he heard the bedroom door open, then close a few seconds later, which was then followed by footsteps. They sounded wary, uneasy though.

". . . Excuse me." He heard from behind him.

"How... did I get here?" She asked. When he turned to see who it was, he saw who he'd brought back, but she looked... lost. She was looking around his place, and seemed to be trying to take it all in, but wasn't sure what to make of it all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 07:34:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eh?" Adym muttered.

"You don't remember?" he asked.

'....hmmmmm...' he thought, before shaking his head and deciding against looking TOO deeply into it.

At least right now.

"Vyran tried to take you to... wherever his hideout is." he told her.

"I managed to interject and bring you here, to safety." he continued.

"Are you all right?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 07:36:56 )

Calysta was silent for a moment before just looking at him quizically.

"Wait... what?" She asked.

"Who the hell names their kid something so weird as 'Vyran'?" She asked. "I'm guessing more of a ... middle eastern or Asian name, actually..." She then muttered before shaking her head and meeting his gaze again.

"And what's with the green?" She asked, motioning to his hair. She hadn't seemed to notice his ears at all, yet. That was likely to come.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 07:45:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym's mouth almost dropped when he heard that.

"..." he was silent, a lump in his throat.

'How...? What did...?' he started to think, before shaking his head.

"I... ah..." he stammered.

"Tell me." he said.

"What... DO you remember?" he asked her.

"What's the last thing you remember, before waking up here?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.