Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 08:28:45 )

Callie paused for about half a minute before sighing.

"Then let's not worry about it for the moment?" She asked.

"You were told to go home, and while I realise that helping the forest would be a thing that you would feel strongly about, perhaps it wouldn't be the most prudent thing to do." She cotninued as she looked around.

"If only just because of the fact that it's something that ... well, whatever the reason for you being sent home for may trump it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 08:45:41 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Adym was silent again, before nodding.

"Yes."{/b] he said.

[b]"You may be right."
he told her.

"We should focus on moving forward." he said further.

With that, they started to walk again, and it started to get dark... quickly.

"Oh... crap." Adym muttered.

"Callie, come here." he said.

"If you don't have those gloves I got you on... put them on." he suggested.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 08:52:47 )

Callie was silent as she pulled them out of a pocket and started to pt them on.

"What's going on?" She asked, her voice curious, wary. She wasn't sure about the reasoning for the gloves, or the sudden onset of the darkness, but she did know that she wasn't really in the best position to argue with him about something that one could argue was a small thing.

"It's getting darker and darker. I need to give us some light to help guide the way." was Adym's reply. Callie didn't respond for a moment.

"Uh... all right then." was all she said as she finished putting the gloves on.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 09:04:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We're getting deeper and deeper into the forest. so less light is shining down and getting through." Adym explained. "That, and it IS getting close to evening, so the sun IS setting." he went on.

"But beyond that, the 'darkness' that I sense in this place... it's like it's trying to obscure our way." he continued.

He then turned to face her, and softly grabbed one of her hands.

"Don't freak out." he told her.

He then placed a palm on the back of her hand, and started to slowly lift it. As he did, she watched as a mushroom-like plant started to grow from the fabric of the glove. It grew to about 2 inches tall, and a large cap formed on top of it... before it let out a strong glow of white, similar to a flashlight, illuminating the area around them.

"I'll do the same for your other hand, and then give myself them as well." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 09:11:39 )

Callie was completely silent as she watched what ADym did. She didn't know waht to make of that.

After he released her hands, she took one of the gloves off, finding the mushroom still on the material. Her hand was perfectly all right.

". . .wow." She said quietly as she examined waht he'd done.

".... this... this is insane." She then said, her voice barely above a whisper. if Adym had heard any of that, he'd have heard the sheer wonder at it before she put the glove on again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 09:25:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just smiled as he saw the look of wonderment and amazement on her face... and heard what she said.

Barely. But he heard it.

"Those should last for a bit." he told her.

"They'll give us enough light to let us see where we're going, and when they're 'used up', they'll fall off our gloves and degrade into the soil, providing nutrients for the surrounding flora." he explained.

"Pretty neat, eh?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 11:53:56 )

Callie nodded.

"Good to know." She said.

"And it's lovely that they'll give to the Earth, as well." she added, sincerity to her voice.

"Thank you." She added after a moment before chuckling.

"And yes. Yes that is as you said, pretty neat." She agreed

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 22:59:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just nodded slightly, and looked forward.

"All right." he said.

"Let's keep moving." he told her.

With that, they continued to walk, and they were soon engulfed in darkness. Thankfully, though, the mushrooms they had were illuminating the area around them more than adequately.

However, as they walked... Callie started to notice something.

Various sets of red glowing eyes were appearing and disappearing around them, in the darkness. And they looked menacing.

"...Callie, stay close." Adym said quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 23:13:27 )

Callie didn't say anything as she stepped closer to him.

"Will do." She said, keeping as good an eye on those she could see around them, in the shadows.

"Since I'm pretty sure I don't want to be eaten." She added with a sigh.

"Any idea what's out there?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 23:31:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just sighed.

"For the most part, harmless creatures." he replied.

"...what you're seeing are mostly defensive measures used by smaller animals to scare potential predators." he explained.

"...but I'm not sure." he went on.

"I DO get the feeling we're being watched." he admitted.

"By something... not friendly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 23:41:08 )

Callie was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Well, let's go then." She said after a moment, not taking her eyes off of any of what she could see. She wasn't going to relax, strictly because she didn't know what it was that was out there. Sure, she wasn't super tense or anything, but she was most certainly on edge and ready to defend if need be.

"... And let's try to ignore the 'not friendly' thing watching. That' just a thought to make ones skin crawl."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 02:45:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's... not nearby." Adym responded.

"LIke... it's watching from a distance." he said.

"But yes, you don't need to think about it too much." he went on.

"Just keep your eyes peeled and your ears open, for anything you might see or hear that you think is strange or worth noting." he continued, as he narrowed his eyes slightly.

"I'll try and find us a place to stay for the night as well." he continued.

"Or.. well, a place to rest for about 8 hours or so, anyway." he clarified.

"You know what I mean." he finished, before they both hear a howl in the distance. The far distance, at that, but it was still a howl.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 02:50:13 )

'I completely understand what you mean. Don't worry about that." Callie commented as she looked around, sighing lightly.

"Let's just try and find somewhere." She then said before they headed off, ignoring all they coudl around them, while also paying enough attention to not have it terrify them. They were both wary, Callie more so though due to the unfamiliarity, but Adym was too.

It took about two hours before they found a small cave that they could hide in. After it was checked, they discovered that it was empty - save for a few small rodent like creatures. After Adym assured Callie that they wouldn't be a risk or danger to them, they'd agreed to share the space with them, especially since it started to rain while they were searching.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 03:10:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym then sighed, and readied himself for something. He placed his palms on the walls of the cave, and moss spread out from them, all over the walls. Then, from the moss, mushrooms sprouted out, but they looked a bit different. Their caps were flatter than the other ones, and they emitted a soft greenish light, illuminating the entire area. When that happened, Callie saw that the rodent-like creatures appeared to have reddish fur, and they looked sort of like hamsters from the world she knew... except that their ears were longer and floppier.

"I'm going to the entrance." Adym told Callie.

"Set up somethings to close off the entrance and deter larger predators from entering." he went on.

"Oh, and those little guys won't hurt you." he then said, gesturing to the rodents.

"They're harmless, but farmers consider them pests." he added, before heading off, as one of them started to sniff Callie.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 03:16:48 )

"Yeah, you said that." Callie answered in response to the comments regarding the rodents.

"And you do that." She added before sighing after he'd walked off. She looked to the critter, and just sighed, again. It was heavy, it was laden with worry.

She didn't know where she was, and it was starting to properly sink in that she wasn't back in the world she knew. There was no way that this was a LARPing situation that got out of hand or anything. Absolutely no way.

The fuck happened? she wondered as she watched one fo the critters get closer, sniffing her shoe a bit.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 03:32:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As the creature was sniffing about, she noticed it was smaller than the others... appears to either be a runt, or just a child.

But then, suddenly, Adym's quiver fell from it's standing position, making a bit of a noise.

This cause the one close to her, and the others, to poof out their fur.

And poof out, they did. They suddenly looked like little puff balls of fur, with heads and feet sticking out of them.

And they were rolling around a little, making little 'eek' noises.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 03:39:18 )

Callie paused a mometn before chuckling lightly. She didn't say anything before just grabbing the quiver that Adym had given her for this, and carefully emptying the arrows out. Once that was done,s he laid the quiver down on its side quietly, so as to let them crawl in if they want to seek some small shelter or something.

She was silent as she did that, before sighing.

This was.... most certainly a lot to take in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 04:00:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The creatures responded to this by immediately scurrying into the quiver.

And a few minutes later, Adym returned.

"All right." he replied.

"We're good for the night." he told her.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

"Or thirsty or anything?" he asked further.

"...or would you rather be alone for a bit?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 04:04:25 )

Callie was silent for a moment.

"I..." She started.

"Honestly, I'm not sure." She admitted.

"I just... I don't know." She couldn't adequately put anything into words for the moment, and it wasn't hard to tell.

"I will be all right though, have to be after all." She added with a chuckle, and a soft smile.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 04:29:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just sighed.

"I understand." he replied.

He then looked around, before leaning against the wall, as they heard the rain outside...

...which suddenly sounded like a storm.

"Wow." Adym muttered.

"That came outta nowhere." he said.

"Like, holy crap."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.