Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Aisu's Ambitions (Open! Come chat?)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 02:00:26 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oooh i've never made tres leches before :0

i think i heard of it from the great british bake off???
idk if you've seen it but it's delightful lol

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 02:04:07 )
I have watched a couple episodes of that, yes!

It's delicious if done right though. To me it should be cake that's like falling apart from all the liquid, but not necessarily straight up mush. It's hard to describe lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 02:18:24 )

oohh sort of like ... bread pudding maybe?
i'm picturing it either being hard to keep (... more mush?), orrr... better if kept ? (....... more mush? lol)

i love when foods get better when u keep them for longer lol ... the only one i can think of rn is curry ... hmm i think takeout leftovers is on that list too lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 03:09:58 )
Kinda, although if I'm being honest, I prefer my bread pudding a touch more on the solid side. xD

It's hard for me to think of foods that I prefer as leftovers vs. fresh, but I'm picky when it comes to leftovers anyway. xP I try not to waste food though.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 03:56:02 )

oohh , i've only had bread pudding once :0 and for the first time i think... 2 years ago?
at a friends thanksgiving potluck :0
i was like woahh so this is what bread pudding is, it's actually made of bread lol

mm i tend to have leftovers often cuz i can't eat that much in a single sitting ... which is i guess economical lol cuz i can get more meals out of something
i think the way it gets reheated matters tho - like microwave vs. oven vs. stove def affects texture/taste etc :0

food waste makes me super sad :"-( i try hard not to waste food either
if i can't use something up in time i will find a way to toss it in the freezer!! my freezer is Very full as a result hahaha

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 04:00:23 )
I've never had bread pudding until maybe 5 years ago. xD I don't like it if it's too mushy.

I feel like I can't eat much in a single sitting either, so I often end up with leftovers too. Sometimes I'll try to get my fiance to finish them. xDD But you're right--the reheating method makes all the difference. Most days I don't have the patience for anything other than the microwave though. xP

And that's smart! I should try to remember to freeze things I can't use, more often.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 05:08:08 )

haha i think that's totally reasonable! mushy textures are ... ermm mushy lol

oohh i have one friend who , whenever we eat out i can always give him what i don't finish lol (i guess particularly if like. i can't take leftovers home for some reason , or it's a weird amt left / too little to take home) . v convenient haha
i lived somewhere once wo a microwave and reheated everything on the stove, honestly a good leftovers eating period lmao though def not v convenient haha
i have a toaster oven now too! it's pretty convenient and great for reheating stuff :0

i totally rec it! it's great for leftovers if i'm getting tired of them bc then future me has like precooked food ready to eat, i just have defrost or heat up :3
is it leftovers or is it ... food prep ;3
i do it a lot for bananas too haha if they get brown i chuck em in there and i'll make banana bread when freezer banana capacity has maxed out

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 17:11:28 )
I love that like, one third of all conversations on Voltra are food related.
We’re all just humanoid in the end

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 18:33:36 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

hahaha yeah i hope it’s an ok topic for ppl!! i know some ppl might not like to talk abt food for various reasons so i’m always ok changing topic if anyone wants to

it’s v fun for me to see what other people are eating and making! :-) i feel like everyone like has diff food habits and ideas for what’s good so it’s v interesting for me to see other ppls food perspectives ^^
since i’ve been on voltra i’ve def heard of a few new dishes / recipes i haven’t encountered before :0

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 20:27:04 )
That’s one of the great things about a global community! So many unique perspectives!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 03:09:58 )
Yes, I love people who are basically human garbage disposals. xD I wish I was one of those people sometimes, but I'm quite the opposite. Too picky for my own good. >.<

I like the idea of making banana bread out of over-ripe bananas, but I never buy too many bananas for myself. xD Usually just buy like 1 at a time if I feel like bananas.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 04:02:55 )

haha they're v convenient to eat w !
if i don't finish my food i'll save the rest for later but if i can't for some reason i would feel really bad about wasting it!

aww i'm picturing your single lonely banana hehe
i feel like i couldn't have just 1 , like if i'm in a banana mood it'll be on my mind and i'll want at least 2-3
but i almost always have extras when i buy a bunch so i usually end up w freezer bananas lol
you can make ice cream w them too! and smoothies etc so i don't mind a few extra banana pals hehe :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 04:06:27 )
Sometimes I box leftovers at a restaurant even though I don't plan on eating them, because I don't wanna leave a bad impression that I didn't clear my plate. >.>

I FORGOT YOU CAN MAKE ICE CREAM WITH FROZEN BANANAS!! I've been meaning to try that, but always forget it's a thing.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 04:17:30 )

oohh what is abt leftovers for you? is it like a texture thing ? is there like a pattern to your pickiness or is it kind of mostly case by case?

hehe i personally love it!!! it's a great treat :3
i usually will add peanut butter + chocolate chips before i blend it!! the chocolate chips add a nice crunchy texture to it too

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 03:57:47 )
It's usually texture, but often times I also don't feel like eating the same thing twice in a row lol.

Chocolate and banana go so well together, as do strawberries. One of these days I'll remember to try it lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 04:48:40 )
I don’t like bananas, the texture is too mush.
But I like banana when it’s baked in things so I think I like the flavor just not the texture.

My sister does banana ice cream a lot. She loves it. Sometimes she added chocolate chips, and/or pb2.

I like lots of fruits with chocolate, but I like them best just plain fresh fruit.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 05:17:57 )
@Aisukohi: I sent you some items on your list! They're free!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 05:18:43 )
Think I know what I'll try on Sunday on my day off then. xD Banana ice cream.

I love fruit in general lol. I can't think of many fruits that I don't like. I don't like fresh grapefruit, but I like it if it's a flavor of something instead, like a beverage if that makes sense?

@Eve: Thank you so much!!! <3 I appreciate them!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 08:13:13 )

yum i hope y’all try it and like it! :3 lmk what u think if u do

i love fresh fruit! usually i have a hard time using fruit up for recipes cuz i would way rather just eat them fresh!!
the exceptions would be freezing or blending bananas anddd sometimes i like frozen grapes more than fresh esp if it’s hot out lol, or like if berries are going bad so i toss em in the freezer to be safe
otherwise i think most fruits i enjoy as is, like i would have a hard time using them in smoothies or pies/desserts/compote etc cuz id rather eat them!!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 15:36:57 )
One year we went blueberry picking and we had like 7 giant bags of blueberries and froze most of them and had blueberries in everything for like 2 years.
My siblings and I were too competitive for that. XD

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.