Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Looking for friends or just chat

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 16:49:55 )
So it's my day off just sitting and watching old matches of Aew on youtube. About to start crocheting my blanket. It's been a very hard year for me but I'm trying to rise above it. Hope to finally join the National Novel Writing Month this year if things don't go nuts like it normally does around that time of the year. Also hoping to try some new crafts and maybe try drawing again.

Anywave how is everyone doing today?

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 17:29:12 )

I'm doing well. I've been thinking about trying NaNoWriMo again this year myself. I've tried doing it before, but I never actually finished any of the stories I started. I have an idea for a story I want to write this year though~

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 17:41:40 )
@Starlight: Oh what's your story idea? I'm thinking of trying a hand at maybe horror story. -_- working in a grocery store during the pandemic has pretty much felt like a horror story with how one day people were so nice and friendly to yelling at you for not having something.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 17:51:27 )

Oof that's rough. I don't know why people are so testy right now. Like, why would you yell at the people that keep food accessible??? They're all just doing their best (and not getting paid enough for it).

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 17:59:56 )
@Priestess of Pie: yea it was so weird cus were I work is a small family own placed. And I never thought I would get yelled at for not having salads but it happened.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 18:04:01 )

@Kittyzilla: Ooh, I love horror stories. I'm thinking of writing a science-fictiony type of story myself

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 18:07:07 )
@Starlight: oh I was thinking of doing that and created a map and started to create creatures. But then the horror idea came to me. still dappling what kind of horror I want. Kind of thinking of like Vincent Price kind of horror where it shows how cruel humans can be vs slasher type of story.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 18:43:20 )
The horrors of humanity are the most terrifying.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 20:29:51 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

happy day off!

horrors of humanity def v terrifying
i was thinking do trying nanowrimo this year too :0 idk if i have the stamina for it but my thinking is like, shoot for the moon and if u miss land among stars lol
like maybe i try for a novel but end up w a novella or short story or anthology, that would still be good ^^
i might try to do a little bit of planning in october to prep for it :0 we should def make a nanowrimo thread when it comes around and support each other share tips etc ^^

i’ve mainly only written short fiction and poetry so it’ll be a fun new mindset to go for something longform :-) and i’m trying to be looser cuz in the past i tend to get kind of perfectionist abt it and then it results in something v like... restricted? like not enough cuz i’ve over edited kind of thing

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 22:34:37 )
@xvz: Well if it makes you feel any better I normally just right fanfictions so this will be the first time of writing something of my own. It's more than shooting for the moon for me it's like shooting out the solar system. And with my anxiety, I tend to second guess myself and such. Like I am my own worst enemy when it comes to stuff due to my Anxiety. But between working during the pandemic and doing DDP yoga and the comments he says I'm throwing my fear and hate for my self to the wind. Like with everything going wrong this year during the motivation Mondays he made a comment i been trying to live by "When bad things happen you either let them drag you down or you stand up and use those bad things to make you stronger" so with the things that been going on threw my family (actually started last year and came into this year) I'm trying to take what is dealt to me and rise above it. And another thing he says during some of the workouts is 'If you say you can or if you say you can't your right just matters what one you say that will make you stronger'. So i'm going to try and write my own novel due to hey if it sucks it sucks but i'm taking one big step towards my fear of writing something that is mine.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 22:37:48 )

I have been contemplating using NaNo to try and get my novel finished. Lol I can pray. Have you ever participated before?

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 23:41:16 )
@sunny: No i haven't i'm a big chicken on what people will think of me. I mean I think it's my anxiety (not using it as a crutch) but the type of anxiety i have is not an extreme case but it makes me always second guess myself and have self-doubt in anything i do. It also makes me feel like if something is wrong it's my fault. So i never really got thing published even though i have had people say i should try (mostly with my old art) but this year i hope to kick that habit. I'm trying to get out of my 'safety' zone with my anxiety even if it means making my self crazy in self-doubt.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 00:14:01 )

@Kittyzilla: that's good that you're getting out of your comfort zone :) I hope you enjoy NaNo for what it is, whether or not you finish a novel!

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 00:17:06 )
@sunny: I'm sure i will. So far some of the badness that has been happing seems to be disappearing today. Like there is a light at the end of the tunnel kind of thing. So if things keep going this way I'll be supper excited when it comes to writing.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 00:25:12 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oohh what's ddp yoga?
i'm glad to hear the mindset stuff seems to be helping with you :0
i know what you mean about being hard on yourself, like the feeling of everything i do is bad/wrong
one approach that helped with me (i know everyone's different so this is just my experience) was to separate those feelings from my actions... so sure maybe i feel this way, but whatever, regardless i'll do it anyway as if i didn't
i hope you find a way to approach it that works for you! i'm glad to hear you've been feeling more optimistic lately :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 00:30:31 )

@Kittyzilla: that's good news! I hope you can keep the momentum going :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 01:09:24 )
@xvz: Well DDP yoga is kind of what it says. Diamond Dallas Page created his own yoga that as he says 'it's not your mama yoga' he combines yoga with Bruce Lee's dynamic resistance so it's like you using your own bought weight as weights. I love it i haven't really lost any weight doing it but i have gained a lot of flexibility and gained muscles. I think one things start settling i might loss my gut. I think my gut right now is stress weight due to pandemic and such.
Normally I'm a very negative person so lately i been trying to be positive and I'll have to try that. Like try separating the two of them.

@sunny: same here I'm normally really negative and such about everything but so far i been thinking extremely positive and so far things have bene going really well so i think what i'm gonna try to do is keep this up cus it's made major changes and I want to keep it going.

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 01:23:18 )
@Totalanimefan: Awe thanks so much. YEAY i'm not alone any more.

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 01:26:52 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you so much sweetie big hugs threw the internet

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 01:34:05 )
@Totalanimefan: sad but true unless it's family and you know things are good.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.