Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Looking for friends or just chat

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 01:52:46 )
@Totalanimefan: yes i did i had an extra one and thought i would send a new one.

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 01:56:10 )
@Totalanimefan: Awe you don't have too (right now i'm being persnickety about my outfits i'm trying to find some AEW cosplay outfits)

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 02:01:42 )
@Totalanimefan: you been here for a while i have an odd question do they have sunglasses ?

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 02:14:47 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't know if i was looking past them when i was looking at the accessories shop

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 02:31:40 )

@Kittyzilla: Welcome to Voltra. I saw you made a new person thread too. You mentioned crocheting a blanket. What kind of blanket? I've done a couple chevron stripe afghans before. Also I'll send you a couple of my extra things to help your inventory collection.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 02:38:31 )
@Crystalkitsune85: well i made several things but right now i'm working on Larksfoot aphgan. But yea i croched plushes squares the only thing i haven't crochet.. not wait that's a lie. I was going to say the only thing i haven't crochet was clothing but i have a few baby coats. But yea i made a tone of things. I dapple in many forms of art. Like makeup (even though i don't wear it) is my next thing i want to try and make.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 03:04:39 )

@Kittyzilla: Aside from the blankets, I've done some scarves, arm warmers, hats, a pair of slippers, and I made parts of a little pony and stitched them together. Oh I also made a MLP inspired bag. I crocheted the front, back, sides and strap separately, sewed them together and lined it with fabric and I sewed on velcro to keep it closed. I used that as a purse for a good long while until I got out of the MLP fandom and went to something else.

Also enjoy the items I sent you <3

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 03:08:44 )
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

@Crystalkitsune85: Thank you so much. Ohhhhh a bag never did something like that. I did make Lucie from disenchantment that was the last thing besides the blanket i made. I found a cute pattern today to make little baby hamsters and I'm always trying to think of ways to get rid of extra yarn I have So people might be getting little colorful hampsters for Christmas. I also have a tone of patterns i got off etsy that are African flower squears. I did one that was a dragon and that was when i realized size of the yarn does matter. I used a worst weight for it cus i had extra of it and yea that thing is huge my nephew is 16 and he still has it but it takes over the top of his book case in his room.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 03:14:58 )

@Kittyzilla: I learned crocheting from my grandmother who could read patterns better than I can/could. She once made this *really* nice blanket that was like a series of pentagram shapes and some of them had crocheted pansies on it. I had that on my bed until my cat ruined it by tearing up part of it and peeing on another.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 03:20:23 )
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

@Crystalkitsune85: aw bad kitty. I taught my self how to crochet. No one was really impressed with when i first started basic stuff but once i started to make little crochet dogs they were impressed. Like i don't know how many people commented on the dragon i made. But it's nice to have hand made gifts and learn the skills. Sadly people don't want to learn skills like that it's all computers and cellphones nowadays. I know I want to get back into drawing so i went on a site that does digital classes cheap and got a class on drawing female characters. But it's actually using a pencil and paper. All the other ones i looked at were all digital drawing classes. It's sad how many old talents are going to die out cus every one wanting technology

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 03:46:24 )

@Kittyzilla: I actually was suggested I try a traditional media recently since I've been having issues with wanting to draw. I got some watercolor paper and paints today to try and mess around with that. I've taken a lot of figure drawing classes at the community college nearby years ago, but I moved to digital art like ten+ years ago. I enjoy digital because it's easier to undo mistakes, but I'm gonna try to do some watercolor stuff.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 03:52:38 )

@Crystalkitsune85: well i mean digital has it times like i have done computer art which you're right its easier to fix mistakes. But it's like my niece and nephew have no interest in learning a skill. Like my nephew when he was younger did cross-stitch cuz he saw my mom and i doing it but then after a while it's like he hasn't done it since now it's all video games and stuff. Though he is doing spray paint art. While my niece is more always on the phone . So it's sad that things that were taught from one generation won't be passed down due to this. I would love to learn how to do basket weaving with weeds like in the olden days but it's a still that died due to factories being able to make them faster.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 03:55:28 )

@Kittyzilla: I'm like 35, so I was raised in the era before internet and cell phones. I did play some educational computer games as a kid but I used to draw on paper all the time. Then when I graduated high school, and went to community college, I was going for a illustration certificate and I learned both traditional and digital art, but I have a nice drawing tablet so it makes drawing on the computer easier.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 15:51:34 )

@Kittyzilla: that's a really good outlook to have! :) you can always talk to me about writing etc. I am not an expert or anything, but sometimes it helps to have someone to talk to.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 17:32:59 )
🌈 To my boy, all that energy so vital
Love your hues and your blues in equal measure
Your comings and your goings-away
My mission is to keep the light in your eyes ablaze🌈

@Kittyzilla: hey there. I'm a little late to the party but what's up? I considered nanowrimo. I have a story I began and got good feedback on thus far. It started out as an lgbt hallmark kinda story...ended up segueing into some more salacious bits but I have the makings for either lol
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 19:45:23 )
γ€Ž Moody Says. . .』

β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…β–…

I am alright tho been very exhausted.
But should be able to finally get some art done since the heat waves
are finally giving me a break.

Got a long list to start and to finish lol.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 21:09:46 )
════════════════⠀ βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜
β €β €

@kittyzilla:
ooh i've never heard of that, super interesting to see like wrestling/fighting styles combined with yoga though! i'll have to take a look
bodyweight exercises are good, it's nice being able to workout wo needing any kind of equipment! being able to do stuff at home has made exercise a lot more accessible for me cuz i feel pretty uncomfortable in gym settings

it's great to hear about your progress w/ flexibility and muscle building :-) for me the biggest benefit of exercise is for keeping up my mental health, i do just feel better physically and emotionally from it!
i think it's definitely been a huge help with getting through and coping with all the shit from this year lol

βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜ ⠀════════════

β €βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½β € {β €art shopβ €·β €galleryβ €·β €closetβ €}β €β˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜

βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½β € {β €buying / questing: capricorn β €}β €β˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 22:31:41 )

@Crystalkitsune85: Yea I'm going to be 33 next month so I grew up kind the same time you did. And I have a 16-year-old nephew and a 13-year-old niece and they are so into games (let me nephew plays more fortnight then anything) and my niece is all about social media. So it's sad to know that nothing like hand details like cross-stitch or crochet or something like that will be passed to them cus they have no interest. And I kind of want to crochet today cuz it's cooler so a blanket in my lap would be nice but my body hurts from working all day. Had to break down pallets so it's like a had a workout today even though it wasn't on my plan for the day. Though maybe I'll look threw some of my photos so I can show you some of my past crafts.

@Totalanimefan: It's cool you don't have a spear just knowing there are some is helpful. Like i said right now kind of want to make my avi look like a cosplay version of one of my many fav aew wrestlers.

@sunny: Very true. I know for the national novel writing month i want to do like a horror story but i have so many ideas going around that i can't really choose but i'm going to see what i feel more like when it gets closer to when it comes time to start prepping my novel.

@Xanthan: You're not late to the party. There is no such thing as being late to the party when it comes to my life. Well it's good you have a start. You are already way ahead of me. Maybe by November, I'll have something started. Or at less i hope. I know due to me wanting to horror theme and not like a slasher i been watching all old school monster/horror movies. So a lot of vincent price and such. Which just reminded me i wonder how my co worker is doing on my sweat shirt. Long story short she is an artist and i asked her if i bought the supplies if she could make me an old school horror actor sweatshirt and i would pay for the time she put into it. She told me no paying her since it's a birthday gift. I told her about it in July and gave her all the supplies and told her just give to me on my birthday or around my birthday she was shocked i have her so long to do it. Like i said gave it to her in July my birthday isn't until September.

@MoodyBats: I hear that. I started working on a few quilts but its been so hot that i couldn't do a think.

@xvz: yea doing ddpyoga was the only control i had when the pandemic first started. Cuz when it started so many people dropped from work that i went from a part time work to being a part-time worker working full-time hours. It was so crazy and everything. I was getting anxiety attacks stressed and depressed cuz i had no control so i took control by doing the work outs and i wanna say i'm into week 15 now. or will be starting week 15 monday.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 23:20:14 )

@Kittyzilla: I'd love to see the little crafts you made. Most of the things I attempt to make, are done by just messing around with stitches and stuff. The little pony I was beginning to make, I didn't get to completely finish, but I didn't go by a pattern, I just made bits and sewed it together. I also started a stuffed bunny and got the body made up and then I lost interest in crochet at the time so never finished that either XD. I put black yarn together with that thinner yarn stuff that looks like fluff, so it had substance as well as 'fur'.

"Oh, the tired horror!"

Donator — She,Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 00:17:37 )

@Crystalkitsune85: couldn't find any pictures and some of the stuff i could take pictures of are already packed. But one thing you can do with yarn i made quite a few of them. But you can make tails out of yarn. i made an eevee tail for my niece last year.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.