Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:17:21 )
@another movie addict: LOL - it's basically on top of you right now. Tropical storm and it looks like it's down to 35mph winds. So, it's nothing, basically.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:21:47 )
This is exactly

Yeah it's not even sprinkling here right now.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:22:52 )
That's not really a surprise, actually.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:23:19 )
My roommates moved into the house the same time I moved in. They occupy upstairs. I see them like once a week.
The original agreement was for them to rent the upstairs bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. They spread out into the areas we had plans for.
So we finally manned up and talked to them about the spaces that we wanted to use. They're still sort of spread out. But they made room for the stuff I wanted to bring upstairs.
So I finally did yesterday.
Our Downstairs is full of hallways and not meant for big furniture.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:25:21 )
Ahhh - one of those situations. Well, I'm glad it all worked out ok for you in the end but sorry to hear that you ended up moving their big furniture upstairs for them. Does your space feel better now, I hope?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:31:22 )
Actually, it's my own furniture. Upstairs- there's a big open living room. Downstairs, there's not a living room.
To clear up confusion, my husband basically bought us a house that is 2 houses smooshed together. Currently, I can't work, so it worked out to have roommates. downstairs, we have 3 bedrooms, an open "game" room in which the previous owners left a billiards table. It's a bit in the way, but we enjoy having it. :p

The furniture I moved upstairs was my books and bookshelves. :O

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:35:00 )
@koah: that sounds a little complicated, but I'm sure it makes sense to you guys. And really, whatever works, right? I'd love to have a billiards table - they're fun to have around!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:42:59 )
Yeah, re-reading what I wrote hardly makes sense.
XD
We told the roomies from the beginning that we needed some of the living room space upstairs. But they went into unpack mode and left no space upstairs for us. It initially made me a little mad, it put us in the situation where it felt awkward for us to go upstairs for any reason. So I didn't know how to approach that. But all is cleared up now.
The reason we need to feel comfortable upstairs is that we just bought the house and need to make repairs where we can. Upstairs is the older part of the house and is having problems with windows and fans and whatnot.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:43:45 )
@Wildfire: today was good i was stressed in the noon but at the afternoon i was Shopping with my best Friend i found nice motoric toys for bebe :D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:48:41 )
@Koah: Gotcha. That makes sense. So you're working on fixing up the house too, then?

@Miss Sandman: motoric? It sounds like you had a nice afternoon - I'm glad! It's important to keep up with your friends and get some time to yourself!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:52:44 )
@Wildfire: Yeah. :p It's not terribly old and things aren't falling apart [yet]. But if we don't maintain or fix-up minor problems, we're going to be in a world of hurt [financially] later.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 18:03:59 )
That's true of any house. It is definitely best to try to stay on top of things if you can, and to try to be prepared for the unexpected (replacing a water heater, dishwasher, or things like that), if possible. It sounds like you're off to a good start!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 18:26:42 )
Now I'm busy today switching my son to an online homeschool. :o

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 18:34:55 )
@Koah: So you're going from public-school-at-home to a purely online-schooling? Or are you doing actual homeschooling?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 18:47:19 )
I'm going to be switching him into an online homeschool program. He'll still have educators we can email. For the most part, it will be me walking him through assignments given to him.
The public-school-at-home thing is tickin' me off quite a bit this week. They've come out with an announcement every day this week- re-scheduling the re-opening of schools. My daughter really benefits from in-person learning. I can try and teach her something a hundred times and all it takes is another adult to tell her what I've been saying and she'll go "OH! yeah! I get it" and then I get flustered as heck.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 18:52:53 )
So it sounds like you're doing online schooling. Remember, for me "homeschool" means something quite different than the way that term is being bantered around this year. Did you register with your state or county or whatever the law requires in your area, or are you still working through the public school system and just taking advantage of a different educational option?

LOL at your daughter though! I've had that happen more times over the years than I can count! It's definitely frustrating to have that happen after you've invested hours of your time trying to explain something only to have a different person say one sentence and have it "click"!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 19:02:45 )
I keep forgetting that. My mom referred to me as being homeschool when she didn't do a whole lot. I did everything online in high school as these school programs-at-home were developing.

OH nooo- ALL the info I filled out last month for this enrollment process got deleted. Shame on me for not getting it sent. T^T

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 19:07:00 )
@Wildfire: its for improving movement :) in German you Call it motorik so i though in english it would be motoric xD
Ahh yes it is! She is pregnant with her second Child now iam so Happy!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 19:36:56 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'wanders in sleepily' star decided to do a child like avi 'frowns at it' not sure how well that went. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/12 20:00:19 )
@Koah: There is a lot of room for interpretation with that term, and the various approaches to accomplishing "homeschool". For me, it meant teaching my kids most things myself, or making sure they had access to other adults (usually in a co-operative setting) to teach them things. Our schooling varied a lot semester by semester, but we were always registered with the state as actual homeschoolers. Other than taking the SAT and recently taking classes at the local college, I don't think my kids ever set foot in a public school of any level, and other than the one or two classes they took online through the state virtual school system (like drivers' ed), they didn't do that either. But I know people who did, and have, and do use some of those options much more (or much less). I think the distinction is whether or not you are using the public school system in any capacity (in person, online, mixed, purely virtual), but even there, there's room for interpretation.

And I'm sorry - the constant use of "homeschool" this last year does bug me... because for the most part, it's not homeschooling. It's crisis schooling. Most of you guys did not sign up to do this with your kids, so I think the way the term has been used recently is demeaning to both you Crisis Schooling people (& kids) as well as to us ("real") Homeschoolers.

But, my being a bit of a pain in the ass stickler for terminology (which again, I apologize for), it's wonderful that you're doing the best you can for your kids and that you're willing to change things up for them so that they can learn better and have a better experience! :3 <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.