Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 14:24:18 )
@Purpsy: Thank you. I hope so too. I think I just need some food, water, and movement but getting those things takes a level of effort I'm not quite ready to exert just yet - lol! XD

A third lockdown? Oh no! Where are you and what exactly does that mean for you and where you live?? :(

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well last night - I hope you can at least take a nap or get some rest and start feeling better! :3

Your avatar is really cute, btw - and that artwork is adorable!! <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 14:46:22 )
@Wildfire: I'm from Toronto, Canada and yeah I believe it is my third here and tbh is not really a lockdown. When I went out on a walk I still see people out and about but not much. Honestly at this point I don't really keep up with the news anymore and I just learned about this to my brother a couple of days ago.

Yeah that's a plan, I'm not too tired atm but I might crash later and drinking my coffee helps lol. And ty I'm so broke now hahaha but I really like this avi so is worth it. It was my sig at first but I wanted to use it as my post style which gave me tons of issues yesterday and someone here ended up helping me lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 15:19:03 )
@Wildfire: I love your avi today. c:
My gut instinct was right in the sense that I didn't have enough info about the park date. I showed up on time, there was a group of moms there. That I ignored because I was expecting the One mom that I was texting. I hadn't realized I was invited to a Christian homeschooling co-op. I told them to invite me again for their playdate if they didn't mind. I was the youngest mom out of the group, so I was being questioned left and right. In a good way.. I guess. I just got overwhelmed.

I'm not sure if I'll be homeschooling next year which is what they wanted to talk about as a group. 90% of them are avid homeschoolers, and there were 3 or so people who only started this year due to public schools shutting down.

Good Morning.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 15:46:52 )
@Purpsy: I suspect that a lot of people are just "over" this pandemic and the lock downs, etc.; they're not seeing any measurable positive impact from doing them at this point. And, like you (and me), they've given up on the "news" because (IMO) it's a lot of extreme sensationalism and fear-mongering that they are tired of seeing and hearing. So maybe they don't know the government is locking things down again in your area?

Although I don't know how much you spent on creating your current avi, but I have to say that yeah, your avi is totally worth it! It's adorable! <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 15:52:44 )
@Koah: Awww, thank you! <3 I like your saucy beach avi too! I'm not sure if you look like you're ready to play beach volleyball or chase the kids around (or challenge them to a sandcastle building contest)... but it's a cute mix of things! :3

Yeah, that sounds a little awkward. Hopefully it'll work out for you. At the very least you should be able to learn more about the homeschooling community in your area (secular and religious) so you'll be better informed about your upcoming homeschooling decisions :3 And maybe you'll make some friends <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 16:15:28 )
@Wildfire: That's very true. I mostly hear things from my brother nowadays because he doesn't mind it. The good news is it's getting warmer so people are not mostly going to get sick easily because it was very worrisome last fall and that's when the second lockdown started here.Thank god we had a very warmi-ish winter and it wasn't very extreme because I was really worried for that. My family and me gets often sick around that time of year. I had it really bad like a month before the actual pandemic started...

As for locking things down is mostly the restaurants that has it bad here. Like food deliveries are still open but not all restaurants can survive through that. I often watch this canadian dude on youtube who does walking videos in toronto and you'll be surprised there's a few stores that are legit closed down for good. Kinda sucks really and the restaurants were open for like a good month last march I believe (not a hundred percent sure) People can eat outside the patios but not inside yet and that didn't last long.

Thanks! It's one of those fast avis I created actually and yours is cute too :3
Is giving me the gypsy vibes

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 18:39:37 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i think im feeling a lot better today.
not as stressed out since yesterday was a very hard day for me.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:15:58 )
@Purpsy: Yes, a whole lot of smaller, independent businesses are dead or dying because of this stupid pandemic, but of course the mom-and-pop places are going to close - if they can't open, there's no way they're going to be able to pay rent, etc.!! It's a real shame to see for so very many reasons!

@MoodyB: I'm glad you're feeling better. Was there any particular reason why yesterday was a tough day for you?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:23:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: pretty much seeing my mom in so much pain and begging for the pain to stop.
and her pain meds had not kicked in.
so every zoom meeting just keeps traumatizing me that i almost do not want to do it anymore.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:24:23 )
@MoodyB: Yeah, I can see why you'd be having that reaction. Why are they not medicating her to remove the pain she's apparently feeling? That doesn't seem typical procedure...

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:25:24 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: they are.
the pain meds take time.
and she's been on them for so long they start to not be as affective.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:30:08 )
Ok, I get that, but usually treating pain and staying ahead of it is a primary thing for most care centers (at least in my experience).
I'm sorry that your mom is in pain and that seeing her like that is difficult (understandably so)

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:32:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: They didn't know she was in pain.
She started to be in pain in the middle of zoom. not at the beginning.
so they didn't really know until my dad called them.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:33:39 )
Oh! Not good, but that makes a little more sense at least.

Other than apparently not being comfortable, how is your mom doing?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:35:23 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Not great lol.
that's how most of the meetings have been going.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:43:00 )
I'm sorry. :(

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:44:53 )
@Wildfire: Sigh yeah...
Are you still on lockdown there? Or nah?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:49:04 )

@Purpsy: There are some restrictions and limitations in place, but not really, no.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 21:49:24 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: its fine since im kinda used to it.
just kinda done with everything at the moment.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2021/04/10 22:03:28 )
@MoodyB: yeah, I understand that

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.