Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:39:41 )
lol - well, it looks like you're probably going to have an interesting evening... and that you have some information to gather!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:41:25 )
This is exactly

Yeah. Going to be so much fun.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:43:07 )
LOL - that sounds sarcastic. It might be fun. Maybe this other person is a wiz at closing up and could do it blindfolded! XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:44:12 )
This is exactly

Maybe.

Just hoping banned guy doesn't come back, and a peaceful day at work. XD

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:45:14 )
Do people usually come back day after day? Do you have any reason to think that he would come back??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 14:10:38 )
@Wildfire: I'll have to share some pictures of the yard with you. Maybe I'll attempt some 'before and after' pictures of some areas.
The dog I ran, somehow got out of the house yesterday evening and took an adventure anyway. :| So by the time I noticed she wasn't inside, I looked out the window and saw she was heading home with a big dog in tow. She must've been out anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour. e.e"

Weirdest thing in my fridge? hmmmm...
In my freezer, there are animal guts that my husband uses to hunt coyotes. =o
I think my fridge just has basic food that everyone has.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 14:10:59 )
This is exactly

Sometimes actually. Some of our regulars will come two days in a row. But I also don't know what crazy people plan to do, so I'm scared he will come back.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 14:37:04 )
I hope he doesn't come in today, and if he does, it is to apologize.
I've had one crazy person come back the next day to apologize, but that's in my 10 years of retail. XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 14:42:09 )
This is exactly

My coworker and I are magnets for problematic customers. This is the second time we had to deal with a scary guy in the store. He's banned from our store, so even if he comes back to apologize. He's not allowed back.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 15:22:41 )
@Koah: Your dog sounds like a small handful! She went out to find friends... and apparently found one! XD
Oh, I'd like to see the yard, if you can manage photos. :3
I'd say that's a fairly weird thing to have in your fridge... understandable, given the hunting, but a little weird :3

I have no idea what's in my fridge that somebody else would consider weird - beets? frozen chicken carcass (for bone broth)? cornish hens? frozen soup? mushrooms?

@Another Movie Addict: well, let's hope you don't have to deal with him today

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 18:31:25 )
@Another Movie Addict: I feel your pain, I was always given the mean, Karen, customers. e.e"
@Wildfire: I'll try to get some photos to share. <3
I personally might find the chicken carcass weird, but logic would kick in and I'd realize it was for broth. I don't do that or know how. =O
My fridge is always organized with basic foods, Veggies, cheese, condiments, etc. I don't have any weird, out of the ordinary, food habits.
My husband mentioned he wants to try a Mediterranean diet.. and I don't even know where to start with that.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 20:55:58 )
@Koah: bone broth is easy: bones + water (+ anything else you might want to put in there, like onions, veggies, or spices) and cook it... I'll do it in a crockpot on low for 24+hrs, or in my Instant Pot for 1.5hrs. Pull out the bones and bits (they are edible - so long as the bones break when I pinch them with moderate-easy pressure and I don't make the broth with onions or something else that's not good for them, the bones become bonus food for the dogs)... and voila! Bone broth... to use wherever and however you want! Yay for extra vitamins and minerals! <3 I use the broth in rice or in soups/stews, or anywhere else I can think to use it.

The Mediterranean diet is mostly fresh veggies and generally lighter on the proteins, which is mostly fish or chicken. It includes some cheeses (like feta), olives, nuts, fruits, some grains (but tends to go light on them), and some beans/legumes. It's actually one of my more favorite ways of eating and I usually feel pretty good eating that way. It's not nearly as extreme as some other diets, since it's not as restrictive, and it's pretty healthy. Do a search for recipes - you'll get a good idea of what it's about :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 21:38:15 )
@Wildfire: I might just do bone broth sometime. Thank you for the recipe[?], advice[?]-. ... Knowledge. Thank you for the new knowledge about bone broth.
I have an instant pot. c:
Would a person be able to strain out the bones, food chunks? and just use the liquid? I'm curious now.
My dad had taken up a more Mediterranean diet but didn't stick to it as well as he'd like.
It'll definitely change our kitchen dynamic. We use a lot of rice and beef in our meals.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 22:21:02 )
@Koah: Yes, definitely strain out the bones and random bits that end up in the pot, and depending, you might want to skim off extra fat from the top once it cools (personal choice/diet/lifestyle decision). You can put the bones in a strainer to begin with, but this takes up extra room in the IP and I still end up with little bits in the broth anyway (& the strainer can be difficult to clean, especially if you don't wash it right away *cough*) or you could try putting the bones in cheesecloth or something similar and dunking that in the pot to keep them together for potentially easier straining, but I don't bother. I like the bones having room to move around the pot and don't mind the tiny bits that can be hard to strain floating around (it's not like you have to eat them). I also add a touch of Apple Cider Vinegar to the pot to help break down the bones as it cooks (you don't taste it), and if the broth is really strong, I'm not afraid to dilute it when I use it with rice or whatever ;) I give the big bones to the dogs once they're cooled (unless for some reason they're not soft enough) - they LOVE that!! There are actual recipes for bone broth out there if you're curious or looking for something specific. Beef bones might take a longer cook time - I don't remember (I usually do poultry).

It's kind of tough to eat genuinely healthy in the U.S., IMO... especially if you've grown up with the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.). There's just sooooo much junk food and bad eating opportunities out there, it's really easy to slide. It's sad, really. :( It's understandable that your dad didn't stick to it very well. The Mediterranean Diet is a good one, though - it's pretty easy, it's healthy, and it's tasty (IMO, anyway) You've got me looking in to modified paleo versions of it now, actually, because I'm realizing that I miss it...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 23:29:21 )
@wildfire: Cool lotus flowers, i have a huge one on my chest tattooed, im wondering if they will ever make that a tattoo in the shop:(?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 12:44:24 )
@lordvoldemort1993: Oh hello! I see you found the lotus flowers in the shop. I have no idea if Voltra will make a lotus flower tattoo - it would be neat to see if they did :3 How are you?

Good morning everyone.

Today, I have some laundry that needs to get done, some research/planning to do, I'd like to spend some time in my studio, and I'm trying to decide whether or not to go out to lunch with a few friends (which would realistically negate my spending time in my studio), so we'll see what ends up happening.

What's rocking your world today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 16:09:25 )
@Wildfire: We tried a Mediterranean restaurant last night. I got baffled by the menu, we should have gone to restaurant choice #2. lol. I embarrassed myself because I came in with a lot of confidence, and the waitress repeated herself 3 times to me, trying to explain what a food is. With the pressure, I got a kabob, because that's what I know. e.e"
Luckily my husband understood my frustration and bought a couple of sides for me to try. XD
My daughter liked the gyro. My son liked.. just the bread. lol
Thank you for giving me bone broth ideas. I've never thought about it before and you really piled on easy to understand brain-food on the subject. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 16:09:34 )
@wildfire: Sounds like a very nice schedule Wild ^^

Honestly I've been a lazybum these past two days so I do need to get some stuff done at least. I'm going to get some art done hopefully by the end of this weekend and I've been itching to get back into watercolour again since is warmer again. I dislike it so much during the winter seasons tbh...

Most definitely need to do laundry this weekend as well but not today, too much people downstairs to deal with. And is finally sunny here since it has been a gloomy week so far x.x So I might go for a walk? Not a hundred percent sure on that. Honestly... I have no clue what I'm doing today, I've been very out of it lately rip x.x

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 16:59:43 )
@Koah: There can be a bit of a learning curve with anything new, so don't give yourself a hard time. Think of the Mediterranean Diet in terms of Greek and Italian type meals or styles of eating (although it's more than this). If you're unfamiliar with those ethnicities or general diets, then obviously, you'll have more of a learning curve. There's nothing wrong with a kebob, by the way ;) <3 Here - check this out... this is a paleo version of the Mediterranean Diet - I have this cookbook, and love it. There are non-paleo Mediterranean cookbooks and recipes out there too and I'm actually looking at maybe getting this one or maybe this one ...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 17:01:53 )
@Purpsy: Awww, I'm sorry that you're kind of out of it and unfocused lately. A walk and doing some art might help that, actually. Can I suggest that you just go and do something small but fun... just for the heck of it? <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.