Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 23:31:48 )
@Ava: Yes, the Keys are islands, connected by really long bridges. There are other "keys" up and down the coast too, as well as inter- and intra-coastal barrier-type islands, etc. There's a lot of beaches! :3

Your job definitely sounds interesting! So, there's like a "parent company" that hires out to do this? Do they take a percentage of your art sale too, for example, should you sell something to an independent buyer? It seems like you're doing pretty well, given that you just started, but it's smart to want multiple income streams :3 I'm sure you'll get there. Soooo interesting... and to me, soooo weird on some levels!!

@Koah: Thank you. I'd share the beach with you if I could... actually maybe I can (but not right now because I'm also trying to cook dinner) -- remind me to upload a picture or two :3 How are you doing?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/14 02:27:01 )
@Wildfire: It's been a couple of hours. -pokes you with a reminder about pictures- C:
This week so far has been a little bit of an emotional rollercoaster. Family emergency in a different state- we can't do anything about it until we know the outcome of their health.
and my husband's workplace just got hit with covid. Thanks to the dang employee my husband is some-how friends with. -flails- I dislike that guy strongly.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/14 13:22:55 )
@Koah: You sound stressed - understandably so! I'm sorry to hear about both situations. Is the employee who works with your husband actually sick? What are the likely real ramifications for you guys? And I hope your family emergency isn't completely terrible! No wonder you want to go to the beach! :3 I ended up not coming back to the computer after dinner last night, but I will post a couple photos for you soon.

@Ava: That sounds like a bizarre set up, tbh, but also pretty cool! And good for you - congrats on doing so well, so soon! :3

A lot of times it's a mix of people living on the islands and beach areas mixed with tourist-centric areas. Most of the areas around here aren't "islands" the way you probably think of islands being... there are causeways and bridges everywhere, and most everything is connected pretty seamlessly. It can be hard to tell whether you're on the mainland or an island area sometimes because there's water everywhere - the Gulf, but also different briny waterways, and Bays, etc.

Good morning, btw!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/14 14:15:47 )
@ava: Probably the best way to try to explain the geography around here is for you to pull up a map of Florida and zoom in really close so you can see what I'm trying to explain. Check out areas like Cape Coral/Fort Myers, a little further north in to the Bradenton/Sarasota area, and even a little more north in to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater/Tampa area on the west central-ish side of Florida, or check out Port St. Lucie/Vero Beach area on the east central coast... or any coastal area, really :3

@Koah: Beachiness XD
I didn't want to make the photos too big...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/14 14:46:32 )
@Wildfire: My husband's coworker went home last week and tested positive for covid. They work closely together. Plus- they went to college together for this job. Naturally, they're friends. The guy drives me nuts. I do hope he recovers well though. e.e" He spread it to 2 other employees so far in the workplace. My husband is sliding by not being sent home.. yet.
Our family emergency is making my husband and I antsy, weirdly enough, it's good all this craziness is happening at work. Keeps him distracted. :T
~
OH wow! That beach looks emptyyyy and so nice! . Those pictures make me think of those romance movies where One person finally realizes their in love so they run off to the beach to think about their emotions. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/14 16:53:59 )
@Koah: Well, I hope everything works out well for you guys in both areas!

Yes, the beach was largely empty. It helps that it's an island and part of a park with an entrance fee (+ the ferry ride). It was quiet, except for the surf (which was nice to hear - the Gulf is usually fairly wave-less and quite quiet!). It was a lovely day :3 I may try to kayak over there at some point. We'll see though :3

So how are you doing today, miss-I'm-dressed-for-the-beach-"bring it on!"??!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/14 17:36:14 )
@Wildfire: I forgot how many beaches Florida has. I decided if I need another vacation, I'll try for Florida instead of Hawaii lol! The flight time wouldn't be that different. XD
I am totally ready for some beach time. Sunday is supposed to be really hot. I'm debating if that's a lake/beach day or a garden day. I got a feeling our local lakes are going to be pretty crowded. It's a 4-hour drive to the coast.
I'm good today. My health feels like it's finally leveling out. My brain feels less foggy. I do need to drink more water. >.>

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/14 19:15:46 )
@Koah: Yes, lots and lots of beaches. If you end up in Florida somewhere, let me know! A 4 hour drive to the coast? Yikes! That's a commitment! I don't think I could be that far from a major body of water. I think the furthest I've been was about 2 hours, and that was kind of tough. It sounds like you could use the lake/beach day, tbh... but I know that gardening can be really relaxing and rewarding too - but it's also a lot of hard work! You're reminding me that I really need to get in to my garden real soon, now that the pollen is starting to subside & before it gets unbearably hot, but there's sooooo much to be done and I.dun.feel.like.it!! /lazy/

I'm so glad you're feeling better! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/14 20:13:04 )
@Wildfire: My yard is a full acre of a once very beautiful garden. it's been untamed for at least 2 years. =o
The previous owners really loved flowers. So every time I start somewhere small, I find a massive collection of flower bulbs. Or roots entangled into each other. e.e' I never saw the yard in its' full glory, which bums me out a little.
I'm going to slowly turn the yard into a big grass lawn and use a few of the raised beds for food plants. I've got a small greenhouse going with seeds.
I just biked my youngest husky against the wind, up a hill. and now I feel more exhausted than my dog.
We just bought a small lake boat, but we're not ready to take it out for a bit. needs a little bit of work before it hits the water.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 01:22:14 )
This is exactly

Coworker and I had a nasty scare at work tonight. Customer came in swaggering like he's drunk. Goes over to our games area and pulls down a game that has headphones in it. Asks if they would work as noise canceling headphones on a construction site. I said no, they're just a game. He walks away with an attitude. Pulls out a tin with checkers/chess/chinese checkers. Has Coworker open it to check if all the pieces were there. A woman came up ready to check out. Guy gets furious, kind of bitches her out. Decides to pay for the game to be an ass to the lady. Tells Coworker that all the pieces are there or he'd come get his money back. We have an all sales final policy. When told that, guy flips out. Throwing the tin and pieces at Coworker.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 02:47:32 )
@Another Movie Addict: oh my gawd. >=C It's so horrible when people take their anger out on employees. DX

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 12:44:43 )
@Koah: Your yard sounds like a lovely space... and like a surprise treasure hunt! XD It also sounds like a project, but hopefully one that you'll find enjoyable :3
Riding a bike in to the wind can be draining. How's the dog holding up?
A lake boat would be cool, imo - your own little floating, moveable island to base your activities from! :3 <3

@Another Movie Addict: Well somebody was having a bad day, wasn't he? Some people never seem to grow up or learn how to control themselves (or redirect in a healthy way). It's sad. :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 12:46:20 )
Good morning everyone.
How are you today so far?
Does anyone have any plans for the day?

Random question ---------------> "What’s The Strangest Thing In Your Refrigerator?"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 12:59:49 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire:
@Koah:
Honestly I'm not entirely positive that the guy was even sober. Which is not an excuse for his behavior, just kind of explains it. If we see him again though, our manager has instructed us to call the police. He's banned from our store.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:04:51 )
That sounds like a reasonable reaction.

So how are you doing?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:07:34 )
This is exactly

Doing alright. very glad that I got paid today. Though I'm a bit concerned on who I'm closing with tonight at work.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:09:06 )
Getting paid is good. Who are you closing the store with tonight? I thought you said the Incompetent One was no longer working with you??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:19:34 )
This is exactly

He's not, but this is someone I've never closed with before. And I don't know if she knows how to do it.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:34:35 )
Well, I guess you'll find out later today by either asking her or working with her at closing (or both)! But you've closed before and you've done it alone too, haven't you? So whether or not she has closed before shouldn't make that much of an impact, should it?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 13:36:27 )
This is exactly

I've not closed solo before, but I just got my key for closing. And I don't know the alarm code. lol

what you think it is.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.