Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:31:46 )
Things like that can certainly grate if you're exposed to it constantly. There's nothing wrong with looking ahead and hoping for better opportunities but, imo, it should happen at the cost of what's right in front of you either...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:35:38 )

All three of us are very lucky to at least have a job. Not many people have that anymore.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:38:17 )
exactly. hopefully things will start building up again, but it will take time - the shutdowns have done some real damage...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:40:22 )

My area has an ever growing homeless population. Some of them camp out begging right at our store. Or at least at the cross-walk of the road leading into the store. Some of them try to do like little dances to entertain people into giving them something. And I just feel bad the entire time.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:42:15 )
Yes, I understand. A whole lot of people are out of work right now, or are under-employed, or suffering other fiscal effects of what the last 18months or so has brought screaming through the world.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:44:30 )

Yep.

=w= We had a lady donate some big things of flavored water, because she didn't realize it was flavored. And all I thought the whole time was. Us Goodwill employees do not need that water. There's a homeless camp right f-ing there, give them the water damn it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:46:44 )
Yeah. I don't suppose you guys could have taken that donated water out and donated it to the homeless, huh?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:48:48 )

Nope. Once anything is donated, it is the property of Goodwill. Even the trash. We aren't technically supposed accept food items anyway. But everyone else was excited for something to drink in the store. And I'm just...We have access to water, hot chocolate, and coffee. We can afford to go over to Tropical Smoothie, or any of the other places next door to us. We did not need that water. >w> I'm very salty about this.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:55:22 )
I can tell. It's understandable. But who knows what the woman was thinking ... maybe there was a reason why she didn't donate it to the homeless camp... ??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 16:43:02 )

Hello everyone is been awhile :3
How's everyone doing?

@Wildfire: OMG! I love your Scenic avi! I got to put on mines now!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 16:48:18 )
@Purpsy: Oh hi Purpsy. How are you doing?
I love your avatar... and that I inspired you to put it on! XD <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:09:00 )

@Wildfire: Pffft yep xD
Totally my first time putting this on (⊼⌔⊼ )

I'm just drawing atm, how are you doin?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:16:57 )
@Purpsy: lol. liar. XD <3 I've seen you with that avatar before, but that doesn't make it any less cute!

I just warmed up some sausages because I needed something to eat but I'm kind of just putzing around, doing little bits of this or that today. At least that's the case so far :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:24:50 )

@Wildfire: I have absolutely no idea what your talking about >3>

Ooh yummy! I had some spring rolls earlier for breakfast, it was leftover from last night's dinner. Is the same for me but I may go out later though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:32:40 )
@Purpsy: LOL. Uh huh. I don't believe you :P XD <3
Oh! Spring rolls! <3 It has been a while since I've had spring rolls... *drools a bit*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:37:26 )

@Wildfire: hehe xD
Yup and it was extra burn and crispy thanks to my mom lel

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:38:51 )
@Purpsy: lol. You like them super crispy, huh?
So what else is going on for you these days?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:49:51 )

@Wildfire: I like pretty much most of my food slightly burnt and crispy, especially my fried chicken =q=

Hmm not much to be honest, besides draw and go out to do some grocery shopping later.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 17:52:36 )
@Purpsy: lol. that's fair. I have an errand to run in a little bit. I'm hoping the rain stays away while I'm out running around

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 18:02:38 )

@Wildfire: Awe, yeah I try to avoid going on errands on rainy days too. Carrying a stroller and holding an umbrella on the way home can be annoying. Good thing is bright and sunny today here tho~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.